Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Vegan-furs. New group!

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #51

Weasyl
    Fayv
    Mod note: keep it civil. Anymore namecalling or whatever nonsense will be infracted and banned from thread.

I honestly have never heard someone say that a vegetarian will be forced to eat meat, not even once. The closest I have ever heard is debating what a vegetarian would do in a situation where they have been stranded on a desert island or something. As in "There's not enough available plants, you'd have to eat meat to live, would you do it?"
    I've had this conversation with my vegan roommates because i'm curious about their commitments.

Weasyl
    Mugourth
    Yeah, you're right. I let myself get carried away with my comment. ...But still, you'd be surprised how often I see meat lovers and quote/unquote "Animal Welfarists" basically suggest that people HAVE to eat meat.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #53

Weasyl
    Fayv
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Bunnycorn View Post
    Yeah, you're right. I let myself get carried away with my comment. ...But still, you'd be surprised how often I see meat lovers and quote/unquote "Animal Welfarists" basically suggest that people HAVE to eat meat.
    Meh, honestly I don't see the relevance in this discussion that much. Perhaps some meat eaters do, perhaps some vegans set loose hundreds of stouts into the countryside and fuck up the ecosystem there. That's not really what's happened here in this discussion. People have readily and openly accepted that people are free to eat what they want or not, and have discussed the problem with misinformation back and forth.
    Bringing up the nasty shit some people maybe do, with no reference just serves to vilify a group and make feelings of victimization, vengeance, and retaliation justified.

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    And of course, meat-eating fucktards with their whole "Humans HAVE to eat meat, and vegans should be FORCED to eat it" type comments.
    Actually no, I've never seen someone say that vegans should be forced to eat meat. I have, however, seen vegans say that people like me should be forced onto vegan diets - they do this by supporting the "abolishment" of meat-eating.

Plus, I think the way you guys are treating Mythril is COMPLETELY out of bounds. Ugh.
    All we're doing is supporting the argument against the one he typed, which is that humans are herbivores.

General rule of thumb, "Animal Welfarists" are human loving villains who only care about their own species, and will make up ANYTHING just to justify the bad things we do.
    I don't think this is true? Animal welfare = humane treatment of animals. These people push for anti-cruelty laws, humane slaughter methods, they go against the declawing of cats, the cropping and docking of dogs, they push against inhumane bloodsports, etc.
    Animal rights activists, however (mostly vegan) are the ones who steal the dead bodies of laboratory scientists as "hostage", firebomb labs, spike trees with metal so that chainsaw belts snap on loggers, and destroy traps.
    In fact, here's a list of terrorist attacks done by animal rights groups:
    ALF (Animal Liberation Front)/ARM (Animal Rights Militia lololol):

Released two captive-raised dolphins from a marine laboratory into the ocean
    Destroyed a laboratory in California, causing nearly $700,000 worth of damage
    Mailed letter bombs to political party leaders in the UK
    Made threats of contaminating chocolate bars with rat poison
    Made threats of contaminating L’Oreal and Lucozade products
    Set off firebombs in department stores
    Set off bombs underneath the cars of animal researchers, destroying both cars
    Attached bombs to cars of scientists
    Attached bombs to cars of cancer researchers
    Set off bombs attached to the cars of veterinary researchers
    Set off a bomb at a bar in a university
    Set off a bomb inside the car of a veterinarian and a physiologist, a baby in a stroller passing by the latter bomb was burned by the flash, had shrapnel inside his back and lost a finger
    Sent a letter bomb to the head of a pharmaceutical company, which burned his face and hands with acid when he opened it.
    Blew up hundreds of meat trucks
    Destroyed meat inside supermarkets
    Set down homemade bombs on the porches of businessmen with “links to” organizations they didn’t like
    Attacked the director of an animal testing lab with pick-axes
    Kidnapped a man and burned ALF into his back, threatening him not to tell the police
    Firebombed a laboratory and set a bomb on the porch of a 70 year old woman, which fortunately, did not explode.
    Stole the body of a dead woman out of her grave and kept it as hostage

Earth First!:

Spike trees with metal rods so that the chains of loggers’ chainsaws would snap and kill them

ELF (Earth Liberation Front):

Burned down a ranger station
    Spiked trees with metal rods
    Burned down a ski resort
    Destroyed power lines
    Burned down logging headquarters
    Burned down a SUV dealership
    Set fire to Michigan State University
    Set fire to logging equipment
    Destroyed radio towers because they think “radio waves are dangerous”
    Released minks from fur farms (we all know how well that goes, right?)
    http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/10...-b-c-fur-farm/
    http://clikhear.palmbeachpost.com/wp.../a30minks1.jpg

Are these the people you really want to support and identify yourself with..??

Weasyl
    sassySloth
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamedog View Post
    Do you really think the target audience - gullible, sensitive people and vegans - are gonna do that?
    I question every single thing I'm provided regarding animal welfare, animal slaughter, veganism, etc.
    Ahh, fair enough -_-

I'd like to hear your thoughts on the other things I said pertaining to the morality of meat eating. I'm willing to ignore these video politics because I've seen, and read, enough evidence to help me realize that supporting factory farming is not OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Fay V
    The closest I have ever heard is debating what a vegetarian would do in a situation where they have been stranded on a desert island or something. As in "There's not enough available plants, you'd have to eat meat to live, would you do it?"
    I've had this conversation with my vegan roommates because i'm curious about their commitments.
    A classic. My response: Why does it matter? I'm not on a deserted island I'm in a well developed country where I have many, many alternatives to supporting animal slaughter (and by extension environmental damage, water depletion, etc.). To answer the question though I'd probably just commit suicide because fug that situation would be a bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Bunnycorn
    And of course, meat-eating fucktards with their whole "Humans HAVE to eat meat, and vegans should be FORCED to eat it" type comments. And you wonder why I'm ashamed to be an omnivore. Whether we eat meat or not should be OPTIONAL, NOT forced on us! Plus, I think the way you guys are treating Mythril is COMPLETELY out of bounds. Ugh.
    That would be fine if the decision of whether or not to eat meat effected yourself and no one else. But there's another party that your purchase affects isn't there? The option is "Do I pay for an animal to be treated terribly and then killed or maybe buy some veggies instead?"
    Watch me swooce right in.

Weasyl
    Mugourth
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamedog View Post
    Actually no, I've never seen someone say that vegans should be forced to eat meat. I have, however, seen vegans say that people like me should be forced onto vegan diets - they do this by supporting the "abolishment" of meat-eating.

All we're doing is supporting the argument against the one he typed, which is that humans are herbivores.

I don't think this is true? Animal welfare = humane treatment of animals. These people push for anti-cruelty laws, humane slaughter methods, they go against the declawing of cats, the cropping and docking of dogs, they push against inhumane bloodsports, etc.
    Animal rights activists, however (mostly vegan) are the ones who steal the dead bodies of laboratory scientists as "hostage", firebomb labs, spike trees with metal so that chainsaw belts snap on loggers, and destroy traps.
    In fact, here's a list of terrorist attacks done by animal rights groups:
    ALF (Animal Liberation Front)/ARM (Animal Rights Militia lololol):

Released two captive-raised dolphins from a marine laboratory into the ocean
    Destroyed a laboratory in California, causing nearly $700,000 worth of damage
    Mailed letter bombs to political party leaders in the UK
    Made threats of contaminating chocolate bars with rat poison
    Made threats of contaminating L’Oreal and Lucozade products
    Set off firebombs in department stores
    Set off bombs underneath the cars of animal researchers, destroying both cars
    Attached bombs to cars of scientists
    Attached bombs to cars of cancer researchers
    Set off bombs attached to the cars of veterinary researchers
    Set off a bomb at a bar in a university
    Set off a bomb inside the car of a veterinarian and a physiologist, a baby in a stroller passing by the latter bomb was burned by the flash, had shrapnel inside his back and lost a finger
    Sent a letter bomb to the head of a pharmaceutical company, which burned his face and hands with acid when he opened it.
    Blew up hundreds of meat trucks
    Destroyed meat inside supermarkets
    Set down homemade bombs on the porches of businessmen with “links to” organizations they didn’t like
    Attacked the director of an animal testing lab with pick-axes
    Kidnapped a man and burned ALF into his back, threatening him not to tell the police
    Firebombed a laboratory and set a bomb on the porch of a 70 year old woman, which fortunately, did not explode.
    Stole the body of a dead woman out of her grave and kept it as hostage

Earth First!:

Spike trees with metal rods so that the chains of loggers’ chainsaws would snap and kill them

ELF (Earth Liberation Front):

Burned down a ranger station
    Spiked trees with metal rods
    Burned down a ski resort
    Destroyed power lines
    Burned down logging headquarters
    Burned down a SUV dealership
    Set fire to Michigan State University
    Set fire to logging equipment
    Destroyed radio towers because they think “radio waves are dangerous”
    Released minks from fur farms (we all know how well that goes, right?)
    http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/10...-b-c-fur-farm/
    http://clikhear.palmbeachpost.com/wp.../a30minks1.jpg

Are these the people you really want to support and identify yourself with..??
    Like I said, Animal Welfarists do it ALL THE TIME.

Heck, by doing so, you pretty much ARE saying "Humans HAVE to eat meat." Like I said, whether we eat meat is optional.

Actually, "Animal Welfarists" don't give two ****s about animals. The ones I've seen don't push against the "declawing of cats" or go against violent animal bloodsports. All they EVER do is talk about how wolves should be hunted to extinction, try to keep their hands clean by blaming an extinction on poachers even when it was legal to hunt an animal, support ANYTHING that involves killing animals, whether it be needlessly or not (That includes trapping, taxidermy, animal testing, fur, etc.), will find ways to demonize TRULY humane alternatives (Like the classic "Fake fur doesn't decompose" as if people are just going to throw their faux-fur coat in the middle of a forest), treat veganism like a crime, and to top it all off, support ONE ANIMAL AND ONE ANIMAL ONLY: Humans. They will do anything to excuse human convenience and pretend humans are oh-so serene and oh-so misunderstood. No, we are NOT misunderstood creatures. Humans, as a whole, DESERVE the hate. That doesn't mean we should kill humans, just that there are good reasons that people dislike them, and those reasons grow daily. And by the way, their definition of "humane" and a normal person's definition are two different things, as anything involving slow and painful death could STILL potentially be called "humane" by "Animal Welfarists."

So? Some activists DO do terrible things, but compared to the human-loving misothropic Eco-terrorists that are the quote/unquote "Animal Welfarists," I still side with animal rights. That doesn't make me a villain and it does NOT mean I support a lot of those things done by a few animal groups, it just means I'd rather associate myself with REAL animal lovers than those who PRETEND to be ones.

I would show you some examples, but I am already in enough trouble with scum like them and would rather spend the last bit of respect and decency I have for them trying desperately to ignore the existence of evil people like them. I can say, however, you DEFINITELY seem to be one of those people. And if you're not, I implore you to prove me wrong. Tell me ways we can help NON-HUMAN animals in the environment THAT DON'T INVOLVE KILLING THEM OR PUTTING THEM BELOW HUMAN CONVENIENCE.
    Last edited by Benny Bunnycorn; 08-02-2014 at 08:26 AM.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #57
    Quote Originally Posted by sassySloth View Post
    alternatives to supporting animal slaughter (and by extension environmental damage, water depletion, etc.)
    Lets be fair and not ignore the significant negative environmental damage that occurs with producing many non-meat crops, too. It goes both ways when we're talking about mass production, no matter what the product is.

Weasyl
    Mythil
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    Lets be fair and not ignore the significant negative environmental damage that occurs with producing many non-meat crops, too. It goes both ways when we're talking about mass production, no matter what the product is.
    When over 80% of farm land in the world is used for the feeding of factory farm animals then yes. When bio-diverse ecosystems are destroyed for more grazing land and land to grow soy and corn to feed factory farmed animals, yes. When fishing boats have started to deplete the ocean to the point where more and more fish species are becoming extinct yes.

If you're a vegan/vegetarian in this thread, I just urge you to just drop it. This isn't the place for us and I suggest we stick to our own and really not interact, it only starts arguments. If you have a local alliance, stick to them, or a larger global one. Heck my local one feels that the things people have posted here are uncalled for, so I'll stick to them instead.

If you're in London for vegfest I will see you there.
    Last edited by mythil; 08-02-2014 at 10:20 AM.
    "You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar"
    I'm a vegan I don't eat honey.

Need any help with martial arts stuff or 20th century cartoons/samurai cinema and gangster films?

Weasyl
    Mugourth
    Not to mention rats and bugs killed accidentally by farm tools, or killed by poisons used to protect crops =/= the billions of animals bred for slaughter each year.
    Last edited by Benny Bunnycorn; 08-02-2014 at 10:24 AM.

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #60
    Quote Originally Posted by mythil View Post
    When over 80% of farm land in the world is used for the feeding of factory farm animals then yes. When bio-diverse ecosystems are destroyed for more grazing land and land to grow soy and corn to feed factory farmed animals, yes. When fishing boats have started to deplete the ocean to the point where more and more fish species are becoming extinct yes.

If you're a vegan/vegetarian in this thread, I just urge you to just drop it. This isn't the place for us and I suggest we stick to our own and really not interact, it only starts arguments. If you have a local alliance, stick to them, or a larger global one. Heck my local one feels that the things people have posted here are uncalled for, so I'll stick to them instead.
    Your inability to have a discussion without getting defensive does not constitute an argument on my part. Someone who is confident in their choices has no reason to get defensive when they're up for discussion. Have I once said I disapprove of your choices? Have I once said they are wrong? Have I once said you should follow the way I do things? I was a strict vegetarian for 8 bloody years, it's not like I have no right to my opinions. I never once opened my mouth to meat eaters saying they were wrong, I always co-existed peacefully by keeping my choices to myself. And eventually, I decided that choice was wrong for myself, and I transitioned quietly back.

No, all I'm doing is offering counterpoints to things being said, without getting defensive about it like it's some sort of personal attack. News flash: I'm not attacking you, nobody is attacking you. Cut the goddamn theatrics out and have a discussion like someone with an ounce of maturity, instead of saying "I'm leaving" and then coming back over and over to wax on about how oppressed you are.

Also, implying I'm going to power trip because of my staff association on the site is uncalled for. You can ask any user here about my style of moderation and the respect that I give to all of our users, and I would never overstep my bounds, especially not for something as petty as this.
    Last edited by Rory; 08-02-2014 at 11:22 AM.