Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Vegan-furs. New group!

Weasyl
    Mythil

Vegan-furs. New group!

Hi all!

I couldn't find anything against the rules about group advertising (If I missed it and it is, I'll take it down no worries)

But I started a Vegan-fur group on this forum. If you're interested, check it out. I'm considering making it a vegan-vegetarian alliance thing but we'll see.

https://forums.weasyl.com/vbulletin/...php?groupid=42

Weasyl
    sassySloth
    This forum has groups???

Anyway YO! I joined the vegan team like 3 months ago after having been a vegetarian for 5 years.
    A friend in college showed me the ways of the vegetarian. Then when I saw Earthlings a few months ago it finally pushed me into veganism. Glad to be doing it thouhg.

What's your story?
    Watch me swooce right in.

Weasyl
    Mythil
    Quote Originally Posted by sassySloth View Post
    This forum has groups???

Anyway YO! I joined the vegan team like 3 months ago after having been a vegetarian for 5 years.
    A friend in college showed me the ways of the vegetarian. Then when I saw Earthlings a few months ago it finally pushed me into veganism. Glad to be doing it thouhg.

What's your story?
    Vegetarian for 10 years, didn't even know what vegan was. Someone showed me The China Study and "forks over knives" and then I did research, found out that milk and eggs weren't as kind as I thought.. Turned into a vegan athlete (weight lifting, martial arts).

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by mythil View Post
    Someone showed me The China Study and "forks over knives"
    I was a vegetarian for many years, and to be quite blunt examining those studies and doing my own research + background in science lead me to go back to eating meat, which fixed a lot of my internal health problems and helped me to lose body fat %. Not sure if you've ever come across this in-depth examination, but if not it could be some interesting reading at the very least: http://rawfoodsos.com/2011/09/22/for...-and-critique/ To each their own, as long as such choices aren't forced upon others or used to feel superior. You're also welcome to advertise this group here, afaik.

Weasyl
    sassySloth
    Vegetarian for 10 years, didn't even know what vegan was. Someone showed me The China Study and "forks over knives" and then I did research, found out that milk and eggs weren't as kind as I thought.. Turned into a vegan athlete (weight lifting, martial arts).
    Woah dank. So are you mostly in it for the health?

It's wild how many different background might lead to vegetarian/veganism. My friend is in the "human's just don't need meat," camp. I'm in the "I hate factory farming," camp. But it's all good.
    Last edited by sassySloth; 07-31-2014 at 08:02 PM.

Weasyl
    Mythil
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    I was a vegetarian for many years, and to be quite blunt examining those studies and doing my own research + background in science lead me to go back to eating meat, which fixed a lot of my internal health problems and helped me to lose body fat %. Not sure if you've ever come across this in-depth examination, but if not it could be some interesting reading at the very least: http://rawfoodsos.com/2011/09/22/for...-and-critique/ To each their own, as long as such choices aren't forced upon others or used to feel superior. You're also welcome to advertise this group here, afaik.
    Actually many studies have shown by leading universities that eating meat is the worst thing you can do for your health. But really I would rather this thread NOT turn into a mis-information thread. Why do I say mis-information? Because the owner of that blog and the readsearch done on it was by a person who's only qualifications are as a Sunday school teacher and sock puppeteer. The research presented in forks over knives was done by Harvord, Yale, The Chinese Institute for Nutrition, Two UK Universities and two highly respected Doctors and Researchers.

Thanks, but I wouldn't want this to turn into a "don't go vegan" in a vegan thread.

(If you want these studies go to nutritionfacts.org)
    Last edited by mythil; 07-31-2014 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Sounded a little rude originally.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #7
    Actually many studies have shown by leading universities
    The above quote is meaningless, coming from someone who researched under a Harvard professor for 4 years. I simply offered a subjective experience that is related to the topic at hand, yet counter to yours. As I said, to each their own, I'll bow out.

Weasyl
    Mythil
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    The above quote is meaningless, coming from someone who researched under a Harvard professor for 4 years. I simply offered a subjective experience that is related to the topic at hand, yet counter to yours. As I said, to each their own, I'll bow out.
    And I'm getting my information from Doctors and researchers that are independent and going off of the facts. Most of the studies telling you to eat fats and animal proteins are backed by the US meat and dairy industry.

These are paraphrased but not by much as I'm too tired to find the original quotes.

Harvod University has stated that the safe amount of meat in a diet is zero.
    The FDA and ADA has stated that if they were basing their advice on science they would urge everyone to go vegan
    Dr Esselstyn proved that a high carb vegan diet can and has reversed heart disease, auto-immune disease and cancer

If you want to go on the science

A human jaw and saliva match that of a herbivore as does our chewing motion
    Our intestines are the same length as all other herbivores while obligate carnivores are shorter so that they may remove decaying flesh from their bodies.
    We have no claws or teeth able to kill an animal.

I can provide you with all papers if you like? Not funded by the meat industry of course. Or videos.

To be honest, you started the fire. Coming into a thread that doesn't even apply to you, saying how great meat is in a vegan thread, saying how our quotes are meaningless and then dropping out.
    Last edited by mythil; 07-31-2014 at 09:18 PM.

Weasyl
    sassySloth
    Mythil, dawg. I'm a vegan and this is no way to go about things. You can't accost any and everyone who counters your views. While I agree with some of what you're saying you might think about slowing your approach down.

Weasyl
    Mythil
    Quote Originally Posted by sassySloth View Post
    Mythil, dawg. I'm a vegan and this is no way to go about things. You can't accost any and everyone who counters your views. While I agree with some of what you're saying you might think about slowing your approach down.
    Noted and advice taken on board.

It's just infuriating on how someone would come into a thread for vegans and say "Hay, meat is great and you're talking rubbish".

But okay I'll leave it at that.