Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Eh, we'll have to agree to disagree about the "moaning". I do agree with disliking the overuse of the word "triggering", though.

Obviously you're never been misgendered, then. It's fine to misgender someone accidentally when you've never met and/or they haven't told you what pronouns to use when referring to them, but if they have/you know what they prefer, then it's a rude, insulting thing to do. First time, it's a forgivable offense, considering you don't know any better. Any time after that, it's just an offense. In my opinion, anyway; I'm pretty lax with pronoun usage, as long as people don't refer to me with male pronouns. Helps that I was born female, lol.
    (ง ̀_́)ง ROUND ONE... FIGHT!

Weasyl
    Vae
    I've never really understood how much investment one puts in their own gender, on a personal identity kind of level, to where misgendering becomes an actual cause for upset (unless it puts them in a dangerous situation like, say, being around a bunch of people who would legitimately beat the shit out of them for it.)
    But then again, I've never given a shit about what gender I am. So it's never felt like an insult, if someone wants to refer to me as a "dude" or a "guy" or a "Mr," even though I am female.
    Resident Koopa Trash

Weasyl
    Mythil
    I've been mistaken for a woman several times from behind because of long hair.. A six foot tall.. muscular woman?

Regardless, you can see by use of your word "offence". A while ago, if someone assumed you were one thing, you just corrected them and everyone moved on, no problems.. If they didn't then you just ignored them.. Not today, you have to call people out like they just started another genocide.

I think it more comes down to younger people these days, it usually seems to be people under 30 who constantly cry about people not instantly accepting them and referring to them exactly how they want.

Also, if you're "genderfluid" then how the hell am I going to work out what to call you (If I really need to?). Are you going to start every conversation with me every day with "I'm a dude today" or "I am feeling a bit womanly today".. Nightmare.

I can forgive those who unintentionally misgender people online. Not everyone states their preferred pronouns on their blog, or posts a lot of selfies. You may not have any idea what ethnicity, age, gender, etc. a person is when talking to them over text alone. However, if someone explicitly says they are, for example, a transgender male on their blog, and someone gets upset and insists on referring to them as female on purpose, just to upset them, that's when it becomes an issue.

Weasyl
    Mythil
    Quote Originally Posted by medacris View Post
    I can forgive those who unintentionally misgender people online. Not everyone states their preferred pronouns on their blog, or posts a lot of selfies. You may not have any idea what ethnicity, age, gender, etc. a person is when talking to them over text alone. However, if someone explicitly says they are, for example, a transgender male on their blog, and someone gets upset and insists on referring to them as female on purpose, just to upset them, that's when it becomes an issue.
    I think I basically said that in every post I made.

My problem is with people who call down the wrath and thunder because god forbid you didn't call them exactly what they wanted. Go see how many furs bitch about being "misgendered" once.

Weasyl
    Mythil

Quote Originally Posted by mythil View Post
    That's not exactly what I have a problem with. Just go on tumblr and look at how many people A) Call for blood and outings of people who either aren't into what you are or if you didn't use the right gender pronoun once. B) Don't tolerate other people who don't accept them as one thing. You can't force tolerance on people, especially with abuse, that's not tolerant :D
    Now I can wholeheartedly agree with that! It's why I left Tumblr. (ᗒᗜᗕ)՛̵̖ Got really sick and tired of watching people gang up on each-other for little to no reason. I mean, is someone going to respond better to a) facts and patience, or b) hatred and rage? Tends to be that I vote a, while most of Tumblr's user-base votes b. Got to a point where people were threatening cisgendered/heterosexual people. Like. What...? Why would you do that that's a terrible idea, lmao.

The only way to tolerance is with patience, understanding and facts, imo. And gifs. I like gifs.

Weasyl
    Vae
    The only time gender pronouns get on my nerves is when people start just making up shit.

No, I am not going to refer to you as Homestuck terminology, or fox-gendered pronouns, or "xxxyz / vfffxrf / 23099324 only," or whatever the shit.
    I will be more than happy to use any of the common variants.
    Otherwise, we're crossing some pretty stupid lines, here.
    Resident Koopa Trash

Weasyl
    Mythil
    Well you can rest safe in the knowledge that this conversation has remained more civil (and still up) than it would on Tumblr or FA