Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    yeah, fuck the mentally ill
    You do realize that trigger warnings only serve to cover what is the very definition of a personal problem? Also you do realize it's just stupid information that's transmitted through a computer screen, if they don't want to look at it *which is the extent of the interaction* then they can, you know, not look at it.
    Get a loada this guy here.
    https://twitter.com/DogdongD

Weasyl
    Manna
    do you believe every troll post on the internet or just the ones on tumblr lmao

Quote Originally Posted by TeenageAngst View Post
    You do realize that trigger warnings only serve to cover what is the very definition of a personal problem? Also you do realize it's just stupid information that's transmitted through a computer screen, if they don't want to look at it *which is the extent of the interaction* then they can, you know, not look at it.
    You do realize that tagging things lets people who don't want to see the tags not see them???

They can't "not look at it" if you don't tag it lmao

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    Last edited by Gamedog; 08-12-2014 at 11:39 PM.

Weasyl
    Bob the Bob
    If I understand this right, this is all over putting tags on things just because? And then people get angry when there aren't tags, even when the things aren't actually offensive?

How is this a thing. I don't go on Tumblr, so forgive my ignorance, but I can't believe this exists. I've heard some stories, but wow.

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    If I understand this right, this is all over putting tags on things just because? And then people get angry when there aren't tags, even when the things aren't actually offensive?

How is this a thing. I don't go on Tumblr, so forgive my ignorance, but I can't believe this exists. I've heard some stories, but wow.
    People getting mad because someone didn't put a trigger warning tag for a trigger that is something so specific or bizarre.
    You will be called a bigot/ableist if you don't trigger warn something like #eyeball on Tumblr. I've actually seen people being called ableist because they refused to take autoplay music off their blog because some stranger on the internet didn't like it.

Trigger warn!!!! ###autoplay!!!!!!

Weasyl
    Manna
    Yeah it sure is shitty of them to specifically use the wording "raw meat" and "dead animals" so that tumblr saviour will work correctly for those using that extension to block those tags

Quote Originally Posted by Gamedog View Post
    These aren't troll posts. Spend five minutes in the social justice areas on Tumblr and you'll realize that these people are 100% serious. Besides, what is with you people with automatically discrediting Tumblr? Is the behaviour on there just as unbelievable to you as it is to the rest of us?
    TIL clayton believes everything he reads on the internet

I'm super involved in a lot of "sj" stuff, literally never seen someone seriously propose that we should no to tag "every possible trigger"

Like it's so obvious if you think about it for 2 seconds that a person can't be expected to tag every possible trigger
    Last edited by Manna; 08-13-2014 at 12:03 AM.

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    Quote Originally Posted by Manna View Post
    Yeah it sure is shitty of them to specifically use the wording "raw meat" and "dead animals" so that tumblr saviour will work correctly for those using that extension to block those tags
    Whatever you say.
    You'll continue having this bizarre mindset until you've been called an ableist bigot for not TW something stupid like #feathers or #space.
    Speaking as someone with PTSD, I find it disgusting that people use trigger warnings so liberally. By Tumblr and Social Justice Laws, I have the right to call other people ableist for not respecting my wishes and stop using trigger warnings this way.

You're being pretty ableist by being rude to me on this matter.

Weasyl
    Manna
    Stop accusing people of not having PTSD just because they don't go into detail with you about their past traumas lmao

PTSD also isn't the only mental illness / disability with triggers? Autistic spectrum (autoplay being common) and extreme phobia come to mind
    Last edited by Manna; 08-13-2014 at 12:10 AM.

Weasyl
    Vae
    Quote Originally Posted by Manna View Post
    Has this ever actually happened
    If this is how we're going to conduct this debate, then allow me to proceed in suit...

Do you actually browse Tumblr at all?
    Do you follow any blogs? Particularly, ones with a decent following?
    Do you just not interact with anyone on the site, ever?

Because I've seen this happen a lot. Usually to fandom-specific blogs with a large audience.

(Now, I'll just wait for "But prove it!" I'm not going browsing for screenshot material, because I follow blogs that post an asston of things a day. But I know it's gonna happen. I'm just waiting for it.)

It also speaks a lot that a large number of people are agreeing that this happens, but you've somehow managed to avoid this. That's not a bad thing. Hope this absurdity doesn't reach your personal little corner of the internet.
    But that does not mean it does not happen.

I don't personally see some of the behavior that people express displeasure with on Tumblr, but that not mean that I don't believe it. Because I'm aware of Tumblr's audience. And it's kind of batshit.
    Resident Koopa Trash

Weasyl
    Manna
    Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    If this is how we're going to conduct this debate, then allow me to proceed in suit...

Do you actually browse Tumblr at all?
    Do you follow any blogs? Particularly, ones with a decent following?
    Do you just not interact with anyone on the site, ever?

Because I've seen this happen a lot. Usually to fandom-specific blogs with a large audience.

(Now, I'll just wait for "But prove it!" I'm not going browsing for screenshot material, because I follow blogs that post an asston of things a day. But I know it's gonna happen. I'm just waiting for it.)

It also speaks a lot that a large number of people are agreeing that this happens, but you've somehow managed to avoid this. That's not a bad thing. Hope this absurdity doesn't reach your personal little corner of the internet.
    But that does not mean it does not happen.

I don't personally see some of the behavior that people express displeasure with on Tumblr, but that not mean that I don't believe it. Because I'm aware of Tumblr's audience. And it's kind of batshit.
    I've been on tumblr for multiple years. The most popular "SJ" blogs I follow are Medievalpoc, standwithpalestine, dragondicks, misandrymermaid and shitrichcolegekidssay

oh and socialjusticewario but that hasn't updated in forever

Like I understand that there are people saying what you claim they're saying, but I don't understand why you think they're not troll posts? Like when someone says "Mascot costumes are oppressive because they make fun of furries and otherkin uwu" do you just instantly believe they think that without question