Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
    Weasyl
    Gamedog

Weasyl
    Manna
    Clayton believes I'm a troll but believes the person he screencapped is an entirely serious real person

holy fucking shit

Weasyl
    Vae
    Quote Originally Posted by Manna View Post
    I've been on tumblr for multiple years. The most popular "SJ" blogs I follow are Medievalpoc, standwithpalestine, dragondicks, misandrymermaid and shitrichcolegekidssay

oh and socialjusticewario but that hasn't updated in forever

Like I understand that there are people saying what you claim they're saying, but I don't understand why you think they're not troll posts? Like when someone says "Mascot costumes are oppressive because they make fun of furries and otherkin uwu" do you just instantly believe they think that without question
    First, you go on about taking all of these ridiculous things into account because "You don't know what does and does not trigger with someone who has PTSD."

But now you're telling me to disregard them all as trolls, which is even more offensive than simply disregarding their triggers.

This is really self-contradictory, and I can't take it seriously.
    I'm going back to drawing.
    Resident Koopa Trash

Weasyl
    Manna
    Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    First, you go on about taking all of these ridiculous things into account because "You don't know what does and does not trigger with someone who has PTSD."

But now you're telling me to disregard them all as trolls, which is even more offensive than simply disregarding their triggers.

No matter what you should always tag a trigger someone asks you to, no matter how ridiculous it sounds

but if someone pitches a fit over how some random obscure thing like "lamps", "carpet" or "soap" isn't automatically tagged by everyone then they're probably a troll blog lol

It just boils down to you wondering "if I was in their position, would I be saying these things?"

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post

I wish there was a "this" button. This post right here sums up social justice and trigger warnings.

I was going to go all internet badass and say that IDGAF about other people's wants and desires when it comes to what I post in my own gallery, trigger warnings included, but then I realized I've always naturally put warnings before things like when I make fun of 9/11 and talk in detail about hard drug use. I guess it's like using the word "niggardly." No one's actually going to use it, but by god, if you tell them they're not allowed to, then you're going to enrage every single person in the writing community. We demand that freedom to do it of our own accord, it demonstrates that we have some competence and professionalism. Once it becomes expected, or even required by some people, we won't do it out of protest.

Now stop being such a niggard with your consideration.
    Get a loada this guy here.
    https://twitter.com/DogdongD

Weasyl
    Infestissumam
    stepping on the crowtche owf your americain presidaint
    Quote Originally Posted by mythil View Post
    Again I don't see it. I have many friends that run the spectrum of genders and sexualities and not once has anyone wanted to use cis or any of these things.

I still put it down to tumblr kids wanting to feel special.
    I don't know if this has been addressed in the thread, but the term cissexual has been coined since '91, not since idiots on Tumblr popularised its use.

Yes but it's one of those words only used by *those* types of people, intellectuals included.
    Get a loada this guy here.
    https://twitter.com/DogdongD

Weasyl
    keyra
    well this thread is all sorts of disgusting, but that isn't surprising given the subject matter and the community's reputation with dealing with these things

Weasyl
    Manna
    There's a post I made in this thread that is a little inappropriate, and I just want to come back and publicly apologize for it

Earlier I discounted a screenshot of a user that Clayton posted a little unfairly. I've had bad experiences with the Otherkin movement in the past, so I tend to react negatively towards them. Regardless of my reasoning tho, it was completely irresponsible of me to discredit someone for what basically amounts to a religious choice that they've made.

A more apt response would have been to say "how does this person asking for you to tag some obviously distressing stuff negatively affect you at all", but I let my negative prejudices get the better of my judgement and for that I'm sorry

(Leaving the original comment up for transparency I guess)
    Last edited by Manna; 08-15-2014 at 09:23 PM.