Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    sassySloth
    Quote Originally Posted by Digitalpotato View Post
    LIke I said down below... one reason something is offensive?

Because you choose for it to be.
    In addition to that it seems like people are looking for things to get worked up about. Perhaps in lieu of having to actually make an effort to those groups in real life. It's like they wake up one day and decide "This [innocuous thing] offends me now!"
    Watch me swooce right in.

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    "Do you guys want me to go on a little story about a kid in my Jr. high school who had, as called by some on Tumblr, "Natural multiplicity"? As well as a sudden outbreak of Multiple Personality Disorder that was literally done by kids faking it?"

I would love to hear this story, lol. It sounds like a real-life version of DeviantArt.

So anyways, this happened after I left Jr. High, but I know what happened due to having a friend in the school as well as a friend who happens to be a teacher.

So anyways, we'll call this kid "Jon". Jon was a rather unique case due to having been adopted by a foster family (as in actually adopted, not "put with a foster family until they can't take it anymore", I THINK.) and Jon was a little odd - because he was diagnosed with Multiple Personality Disorder after having been severely abused.

Jon had two headmates, I'll refer to them as "Skippy" and "Tinny". (THESE ARE NOT THE REAL NAMES!!!) Now you'll note that unlike some of these guys with "headmates" on Tumblr, that these aren't say, characters from popular fandoms. This should immediately be one form of red flag.

So Skippy was basically the Evil Jon. Skippy would "Front" in Tumblr speak and do all sorts of utterly destructive things. Among these things were he would shout all sorts of rue things, threatened to hurt people, didn't do a damn bit of work in class, shattered a window, beat the living shit out of two seventh graders (We're talking broken bones here.), had to be physically restrained by multiple people to keep him from trying to hurt others, and managed to light a trashcan on fire saying he was going to burn down the entire country. (He had to eventually be frisked - because how on earth did he get his hands on that stuff?) Now, tehse people he tried to kill? They weren't bullies - he'd just out o the blue run up to someone and try to beat them up. He had no idea of the other two "headmates" at all.

Tinny on the other hand knew about the other two. Whenever he "Fronted", which happened rarely, he would start screaming about how Jon and Skippy were right there in the room with them and that they were going to kill everyone. He once stole somebody's backpack and started smacking it against a locker because he was utterly convinced that Jon and Skippy were right there and that they were going to shoot everybody.

Jon meanwhile? He didn't even KNOW of these two, and he was extremely disjointed. During his first year, he'd have periods of time where he just stares forward and was apparently in some kind of trance or fugue state. When he was snapped out of it, he had no memory of however long he was in there. He wouldn't even hear the fire alarm or a bell signaling the end of class during this. It happened on occasion, but they thought it'd be alright. Then it started to get worse when Skippy appeared and lit a trashcan on fire while telling the teachers "FUCK OFF YOU BITCH!" The very next day? Jon had no memory of what happened. Whenever Skippy or Tinny "Fronted"? He'd essentially lose that ENTIRE day. Jon could go to school on Monday, then have to be sent home as Skippy, and the very next day Jon arrives and is still convinced it's Monday.

Second year, he got worse and worse. He'd stare forward for more requent periods of time, Skippy appeared more and beat the living shit out of two seventh graders and threatened to lock the doors and burn the school down with everybody inside. He tried to beat up another 7th grader but if it weren't for the para and two other kids his age he would have probably done it. Then all of a sudden Jon starts yelling about how Skippy and Jon are going to stab everyone to death, and utterly takes people by surprise. That's when Tinny appears. On several more occasions he flat out tries to run out of the school because he is afraid Skippy and Jon will kill him if he doesn't do anything. He doesn't respond to "Jon" or "Skippy", he just screams "THEY'RE AFTER ME!".

Third year, I didn't hear much, but from what we've gathered, he just got worse and worse. Eventually Jon had to be taken to a mental hospital. He was already losing entire days of his life, and people hated his guts. Because can you just imagine it? You go to your job on a Wednesday. Except it's not Wednesday - it's Thursday. And you wonder where somebody is, and find out that not only are they in the hospital with broken ribs, but YOU put them there. You don't remember a THING. Then you come in next Monday - only to find it's Tuesday instead and that you spent the entirety of the previous day trying to escape people who only you can see and hear, and who won't stop tellign you about how they're going to kill you.

now, because Jon would not be suspended the same as other students, a lot of students suddenly started developing MPD. Kids would steal from the cafeteria, but hen say "oh no, that was Marisa, not me." Kids would refuse to turn in homework, then claim that it was somebody else who did it and that they should ask THEM. Someone would walk out of class, speak in (broken) Spanish about how they don't remember where htey were, and always try and claim "I didn't do it - you must have been talking about another of my personalities". My biology teacher had one student walk up to the board and start drawing penises and writing swear words. When she asked what on earth they were doing, they didn't respond, and when she took them to the office, they said "Oh! That wasn't me! That was Steve!" The teachers of course had NONE of this shit - and suspended all of them regardless of what personality they had that day. (And what's especially funny was when someone claimed to have MPD, but their "personalities" would change names and they would still instinctively look up when their "original" personalities' names were called.)

And to think people on Tumblr treat having MPD and Schizophrenia like it's a total blast... it certainly wasn't fun for Jon over there!

Weasyl
    Mythil
    Just a quick question about the headmates..

If the one you're talking to isn't in right now, can the other's take messages?

I hope I don't get the dick that never writes anything down on the pad next to the phone.. Metaphorically.

Also.. Ba (hons) and working with people who have many and varied disabilities.. Headmates is just a massive kick in the teeth to them.
    Last edited by mythil; 08-03-2014 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Dumb spelling mistake.
    "You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar"
    I'm a vegan I don't eat honey.

Need any help with martial arts stuff or 20th century cartoons/samurai cinema and gangster films?

Just a couple quick notes/questions--

1. I hope nobody was upset by my responses the other day. I understand my opinions are unpopular ones, and that I may have been too soft towards the kinds of people others see issue with. I don't pay attention to 4chan really at all, and I stay mostly out of Tumblr activism, so I had no idea what was going on. I'm sorry.
    2. What is a Ba (hons)?
    Last edited by medacris; 08-04-2014 at 05:14 AM.

Weasyl
    Mythil
    Quote Originally Posted by medacris View Post
    Just a couple quick notes/questions--

1. I hope nobody was upset by my responses the other day. I understand my opinions are unpopular ones, and that I may have been too soft towards the kinds of people others see issue with. I don't pay attention to 4chan really at all, and I stay mostly out of Tumblr activism, so I had no idea what was going on. I'm sorry.
    2. What is a Ba (hons)?
    Bachelor's Degree is a UK undergrad degree. The "Honours" denotes a higher level of study or extended study and is a requirement (usually) for participating in a PhD

Need any help with martial arts stuff or 20th century cartoons/samurai cinema and gangster films?

Ah. It's no different in America. I have my Bachelor's of Science in Social and Behavioral Sciences. Currently taking some time off to figure out whether I want to go into Psychology, or pursue my other love of art.

Weasyl
    Mythil
    Quote Originally Posted by medacris View Post
    Ah. It's no different in America. I have my Bachelor's of Science in Social and Behavioral Sciences. Currently taking some time off to figure out whether I want to go into Psychology, or pursue my other love of art.
    I spent a buttload of time in education.

Ba (hons) Mental health and welfare
    Certificate of Higher Education
    B-tech (Level 3 and 4) Animal health and welfare (with added anatomy, trauma aid and speciality in exotics)
    B-tech (Level 3) Mental health nursing
    B-tech (Level 2) Information technology
    GCSE (Usual secondary school education): Maths, science, history, English etc..

And I still can't get a job.. But that might be due to my disability and the job market.. Who knows.

I would say, get your education and do what you want too, you're going to want something to fall back on in case what you want to do, doesn't pan out.

Thank you. I'm just stuck right now, because I don't know definitively if Psychology is the route I want to go down. I would need to go back to school for another couple of years. I had a bad experience at college. I've never felt like I fit in at any school I've been to, the administration was extremely disorganized, I had a couple teachers who were really horrible, and my parents pushed me to study and do nothing else, so I have zero job experience, and very little social experience. I also don't feel like I know how to convince people. When I try to debate on an issue, or give others advice, I always get a response back like what I said was wrong, and potentially very rude. It makes me not want to speak a lot of the time, and when I do, I feel like I need to apologize for the things I've said.

There is also the part of me that will always only want to do art as a full-time professional, and I don't know if I can make peace with myself if it doesn't happen.

Weasyl
    Klavi
    Honestly some trigger warnings are perfectly valid. I get extremely squicked out by body horror of any kind, and I ironically thank the over-sensitive people who tag everything, because it means I get to quickly scroll past something I'd rather not look at. But body horror doesn't give me an "omgz panik attack!111" or anything, I'm just grossed out by it.

As for the whole tumblr vs. 4chan thing, neither side is right. I'm a regular of both sites, and I can say that both of them contain stupid shit that I'm happy is kept on the internet and not leaked out into real life. Tumblr has babies with an extreme victimization complex, most of whom have never been abused in any way, and 4chan has creeps who wish for nothing but to make everybody around them miserable. Neither is better than the other, because there is no voice of reason.
    soundcloud.com/klavierr
    klavierr.tumblr.com