Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
    Weasyl
    Torrijos_sama
    The whole internet is falling apart. It's wonderful!

You know, all of a sudden I'm reminded of that exchange in Fritz the cat with the girls talking to a crow and acting all pseudo-intellectual.

Anyone else see that exact exchange almost word-for-word on Tumblr?

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    Quote Originally Posted by Digitalpotato View Post
    You know, all of a sudden I'm reminded of that exchange in Fritz the cat with the girls talking to a crow and acting all pseudo-intellectual.

Anyone else see that exact exchange almost word-for-word on Tumblr?
    Everybody on there is an armchair sociologist.

Weasyl
    keyra
    i love how quickly these sorts of things are dismissed as being something only mentioned through tumblr

as if it means that there isn't meaningful reasoning behind any of these issues or that it doesn't affect anything outside of the site, or that the site itself is just "sjw" instead of a collection of different people, some who are rather reasonably serious about these things and who spread valuable information and form community through that medium, as well as through other mediums like twitter

but naw, those rowdy kids right; the internet definitely is falling apart

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    Quote Originally Posted by keyra View Post
    i love how quickly these sorts of things are dismissed as being something only mentioned through tumblr
    There's this incredibly weird, ignorant assumption that anybody and everybody who has fucked up views is just a troll on Tumblr. Weirdly enough, these same people who are so quick to say "BUT... TUMBLR!!!" probably don't think Westboro Baptist Church, Adolf Hitler, or Shoko Asahara are trolls. :)

Weasyl
    Manna
    by your definition / example, someone with "fucked up views" on tumblr would be that person who gets pissy when you don't tag your lamps without being asked

that is so completely ignorable you just unfollow their blog and then ignore them if they send you rude messages about it

how is that at all comparable to genocide holy shit

Weasyl
    Manna
    Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    Considering that Westboro was mentioned and they have never killed anything, I'd go on a limb and say GD didn't mean the actual genocides of the latter, just the ideas that fueled them. "this race/gender/random group of people sucks I wish they could be no more". You know, like this person!
    Except the ideas that fueled the holocaust are so incomparable to anything that has ever come out of Tumblr, lmao

Like I understand he said "fucked up ideas" I know how to read

The point is that people complaining about cis people on their blogs is so ignorable, you're not hurt at all by someone saying "please tag pollen I'm allergic uwu"

Westboro Baptist Church harass grieving families of slain children at their funerals, is that REALLY comparable?

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    Xopachi got the point, manna missed it by a country mile.
    The point was that people with insane world views are real and exist outside of Tumblr

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Manna View Post
    Westboro Baptist Church harass grieving families of slain children at their funerals, is that REALLY comparable?
    There's a load of tumblr-tards who celebrate the deaths of white people.

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    There's a load of tumblr-tards who celebrate the deaths of white people.
    The other day I saw a post about wanting to kill all men and wanting to reduce the population of men on Earth to 10%.

Yet we're not allowed to even stretch and compare the insane beliefs of these people to the ideals of Adolf Hitler or WBC's views of eliminating gays/anybody who doesn't fit into the aryan ideal.

My comparison wasn't even ABOUT the actual beliefs the people that I mentioned hold, but that they all have insane fucking views and yet nobody calls them "trolls" or "Tumblr".

Nobody calls Charles Manson a troll, nobody calls Shoko Asahara a troll. Nobody called him a troll when he was pretending to be a God and pretending he could levitate.
    Why is it that if you have insane views on the internet, you must be a Tumblr troll? People like the ones I've provided examples to actually exist IRL and were only taken seriously when they killed people.
    That's when their insane beliefs stepped out of "troll" and into "seriously insane psychopath".