Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iPhone gaming

Weasyl
    therainbowtroll

iPhone gaming

Hey guys

Now before you guys go *scoff fucking casual* I prefer nintendo games. But god some of them are so fun.

I am currently really into the my little pony game, The Littest pet shop game and Dragongs world. I tried this other random one but I think Im into the town building ones. Its quite fun.

Do you guys play any of the games I mentioned? If so wanna be friends on it?

If not what games do you play?

Weasyl
    One_Classy_Dragon
    If not Capcom's ports of Phoenix Wright and Ghost Trick (very good ports btw), then only a bit of Minesweeper every now and again. I used to play Layton Brothers: Mystery Room (Professor Layton spin off game).

I'v never been interested in management and/or slow paced simulator games, so that probably cancels half of the entire IOS catalog for me so far.
    Ellezard: Oh look professor, a puzzle.
    A_M_C_D: Hey, that puzzle reminds me of a puzzle.
    Ellezard: Which is related to a puzzle about a puzzle.
    A_M_C_D: In which that puzzle is the answer to the puzzle related to a puzzle about a puzzle.
    Ellezard: Puzzleception.

Solitaire above all else.

Need to finish Choice of the Vampire (it's bullshit that they charge for that, when a bunch of their other games have free versions) and start/finish Choice of Romance. Already completed Choice of the Dragon multiple times.

Maybe when I get a real smartphone, I'll play Zombie Gunship. Hopefully Samsung's devices can download that.
    Sega does what Nintendon't.

Where's My Water is still one of the best mobile games.

I think Yesterday is also available for iPhone as well. Check for it - it's a pretty nice adventure game.

Weasyl
    Vae
    The only phone games I really play are solitaire, spider solitaire, yahtzee, and "let's read random stuff on TV Tropes while I'm on the toilet."

Then again, that's just about all my POS phone can run.
    Resident Koopa Trash

Weasyl
    Kanagrooboy
    Personally I'm not much for games on the mobile. I've got a few on my phone. They're mostly time wasters for me, when I'm bored in a waiting room, during work breaks, or on ye olde porcelain throne, or I get involved in a high score war with coworkers, which is usually in RUA2 or Flappy Bird.

Went to my cousin's 1-year-old's birthday party today, talked with her husband. He told me about downloading emulators and roms and stuff, showed me a whole load of old-school games he's got on his iPhone.

Gonna have to start downloading some myself now that I have a better phone.

Gave the original Super Mario (NES via emulator) a spin and don't think it's really going to happen with me. It runs, and it runs well, but the control is difficult to execute with the precision needed for the game when using a smartphone; it really does need a TV and controller or at least a GBA/DS for more appropriate handling.

I'll largely stick to games like Pokemon and Final Fantasy for mobile gaming, I think.

Weasyl
    Kanagrooboy
    Ecch yeah some games are not meant for touchscreens. Turn-based RPGs I'd agree would be fine because it doesn't need precision control like most platformers, NES era ones especially. Though I'm sure you could find a bluetooth controller that could work with it. I know there are ones made for Android phones.

Someone on another site told me to get a MOGA controller. I looked them up, and it sounds reasonable, but I think I'd still rather have the cartridge for some games.

Just got Pokemon Crystal, so now I have: Classic NES Super Mario, Pokemon Red, Pokemon Blue, and Pokemon Crystal.

I'm wondering which RPG I should get. I want an old-school Final Fantasy, but I already have Dawn of Souls (FFI and II) on GBA, and I've rather have FFIV and V on GBA as well. Anyone have an opinion on Breath of Fire? I've never touched the series, but if it's anything like a classic turn-based JRPG, then I'll give it a look.