Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Let's [Paint]Chat!

Weasyl
    Tiger
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazekai View Post
    We can only draw in one color? Boring.
    Well if you're working on a complete piece, you're welcome to use more colors. Generally people just draw fun doodles and such together and it's much easier to know who's who if everyone sticks to one color. It'd be confusing if everyone all used green, or if three people used red, etc.

Weasyl
    oly
    Honestly I don't think you need to poke around in the settings, just need to find your public IP and give that. just type "what's my ip" into google and it'll tell you.

Also make sure the ports it wants to use are open. that's a bit different for every router, check http://portforward.com/ and find your router model if you're not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    Well if you're working on a complete piece, you're welcome to use more colors. Generally people just draw fun doodles and such together and it's much easier to know who's who if everyone sticks to one color. It'd be confusing if everyone all used green, or if three people used red, etc.
    What if several people are working on the same picture?
    If you say "plz" because it's shorter than "please," I'll say "no" because it's shorter than "yes."

Weasyl
    Tiger
    What if several people are working on the same picture?
    Depends. If it's a full finished piece, as in lines and shading and detail and such, and everyone works on it, I think it would be fine if they used other colors. But it would be important that they all agree on it.

What people do sometimes is draw, say a head, then someone draws another part, and so on till it's finished. Or people will draw their characters interacting. In that case, one color per person would be easiest.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #15

Weasyl
    Fiz
    Yaaay, Paintchat. Haven't used a paintchat in a while.

Not a fan of the 'one-color' rule but it's alright for doodles I guess. If someone plans on doing a complete picture, they could just say where they are going to be drawing on the canvas, like maybe by drawing a box around where they'll be drawing and labeling it with their username? I remember having to do that before when we would have a bunch of people in OC or in paintchat before, so just passing the idea along.

I guess it could be discussed in the chatbox, or several people could just get in a Skype call and collaborate that way.
    If you say "plz" because it's shorter than "please," I'll say "no" because it's shorter than "yes."

Weasyl
    Tiger
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiz View Post
    Yaaay, Paintchat. Haven't used a paintchat in a while.

Not a fan of the 'one-color' rule but it's alright for doodles I guess. If someone plans on doing a complete picture, they could just say where they are going to be drawing on the canvas, like maybe by drawing a box around where they'll be drawing and labeling it with their username? I remember having to do that before when we would have a bunch of people in OC or in paintchat before, so just passing the idea along.
    Yep, check rule #2 in the OP. :3 And I'll change the color rule up a bit, let me know if you guys think the rule is better or if it should be changed.

I guess it could be discussed in the chatbox, or several people could just get in a Skype call and collaborate that way.
    If the group wants to do different colors or same colors or whatever, they're free to discuss it, so long as everyone agrees. I think that would be fair, as everyone shares the same canvas. It helps if everyone is on the same page as to who is doing what. But generally, when you actually do the PaintChat, it really is easiest if everyone has one color.
    Last edited by Tiger; 09-18-2012 at 07:09 AM.

Weasyl
    Tiger
    (Sorry for Double Post)

I think I have it working. Can someone please try clicking here: http://192.168.1.70/enterance_html/index.html

And if that doesn't work, here: http://192.168.1.70/enterance_html/entrance_normal.html

if neither work, let me know what the URL says and what the page does/says. Thanks!

Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    The connection has timed out

The server at 192.168.1.70 is taking too long to respond.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
    moments.
    If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
    connection.
    If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
    that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Weasyl
    Tiger
    Try both again, please!