Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RX-149Dragonite View Post
    But you were the one talking about the Wii U being bad in the first place...
    No, I didn't. I don't think, given Nintendo's track record, it's going to be that successful by what the term "successful" has come to mean since Playstation raised the bar (of course, by that measure, Playstation itself no longer sets the bar, Xbox 360 does). I'm sure it'll fill its niche. Nintendo, even at the worst of times, has that, and if that's what they're going for, more power to them. I just don't think it'll be necessarily up to whatever comes after PS3/360, and it's a shame that the Bayonetta sequel is going to be exclusive for that system. You might notice, I was just disappointed by that. What I was really mad about was the spokesman's attitude, what a phony he sounds like, as if any real person actually talks like that. He could just say "it's unfortunate, but this is the way it has to be if this game's getting released" but it's like he's so scared of Nintendo (or just a whore, though it's probably both because humans in general are pathetic in as many areas as they can naturally be) that it makes it hard for me to even care if it eventually gets released to other platforms, finds much success on Wii U, or if that entire company doesn't get obliterated in which case I'm sure he'll find a gig whispering sweet-nothings about another company.

Look, let me put it in the simplest terms possible. The man just gave us the verbal, gaming-culture equivalent of a weak handshake and not having the courtesy to make eye contact. And it's not "logical", but most people don't give a shit about that when they're putting their increasingly scarce money down for luxuries they don't really need. They have to actually like the product, and it helps if the person shilling it is likeable.

It's why Rockstar are still in business despite their name being adpt (because they're douchebags who know how to avoid coming across as such just as much as necessary to just enough people - oh and it helps that their games aren't just on one system...)

... Yeah, I'm now really convinced you don't know how the markets work

Here's the thing: Platinum Games, who makes Bayonetta, isn't a very big development company, not to mention that it still isn't well solidified in the game development business, meaning it's risky to publish games by them. Seeing the chance of getting more money (since, you know, these people work for a profit) by releasing their games on a new system, they decided to partner with Nintendo and they let them publish their game, because Nintendo felt that they could take a chance on Bayonetta. Not to mention that Nintendo was the first to jump at the chance to publish their game, so it's everybody elses' fault for letting this happen.

That's it. You're just miffed because they decided to go with a different system, and you're making up very baseless arguments about that. End of story.

Where did I deny that they didn't have a whole lot of choice in the matter? Where? I'm miffed at their attitude about it, which comes across as both ass-kissing to Nintendo and insulting to our intelligence as, y'know, fans of their games (or one of them at least). And besides, you kind of defeat your own stance by saying it was too risky for the other guys to pick up the sequel to what was a pretty well-regarded game and then not doing just that. I never said anything like I'd rather the game not be published at all, just that I'm a lot less enthusiastic about the series now as opposed to merely disappointed it'll probably be some time (if ever) I get to play it since I probably won't want a Wii U because of the way they tried to spin it. You're just arguing for the sake of arguing. Please bug someone else if that's all you want to do.

Weasyl
    ChitterBox
    Guess people will have to buy a WiiU or just deal with it. Happens to a lot of franchises, so I don't see why this one is so special.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattie Rayner View Post
    Guess people will have to buy a WiiU or just deal with it. Happens to a lot of franchises, so I don't see why this one is so special.
    Hey, what a coincidence, the whole point of this thread is Bayonetta's not really special!

Weasyl
    ChitterBox
    Really? I got a different message out of the thread. Seems more like a petty WiiU hate thread.

No, it's really more of a "hate Platinum Games' for being wimps" thread, but it's primarily about Bayonetta since that's the game they were talking about for Wii U.

Weasyl
    ChitterBox
    Ah, very well then. My original statement still stands.

Really there'd be no point to hate the Wii U if you're not fed up with Nintendo as a whole since the N64 though
    which I could see if you would be. Personally, I thought it was an alright system
    not quite worthy of the hate it received, and neither was the Gamecube
    I mean how could I hate the systems that introduced me to both RE 1 and RE 2?
    And WWF No Mercy is still regarded as the best wrestling game of all time
    but it's like no one knows where the hell they're at the past few years
    the Wii sold units, yes, but not quite the library people had hoped
    that's partly why the 3DS price drop was necessary, I think
    so they've got a lot to prove with Wii U. I don't want to see it fail
    that's whether or not I have one, just like I'm glad the Wii at least had some good games
    but Bayonetta is simply not going to get the exposure on one system it did on two
    unless that one system simply flies off shelves and all those buyers want something like Bayonetta
    the first one had a PS3 version (which I have) that was somewhat disappointing compared to its 360 counterpart
    if they'd tried to so blatantly insult my intelligence by saying it was somehow a good thing that happened
    well, I might not have decided I needed such a good thing
    compare and contrast with Bethesda who are like "yeah, it really sucks we can't put that Skyrim DLC on PS3, obviously"
    y'see, sometimes the best PR is to not bother with the PR so much and just tell it like it is

You kind of pissed me off and probably several other people when you tried speaking for literally every person who owns a Wii and then tried to pretend like the people who enjoy their console are in the minority.
    If you say "plz" because it's shorter than "please," I'll say "no" because it's shorter than "yes."