Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bayonetta 2 is finally coming! To Wii U... and no one else... yeah...

http://ca.ign.com/videos/2012/09/14/...vity-criticism

What a douchebag. Seriously. He's single-handedly done a bang up job there of making me not care about his company or that series. Not that I had much of a shit left to give since the original Bayonetta was, like, forever ago.

Let me just make it perfectly clear. For my part, my ire has nothing to do with the fact that it's a Wii U exclusive. That's really disappointing, to be sure. But it's really not their fault, and what's-his-face-with-the-crazy-hair really did explain why, if you could hang onto the mae culpa in your mind through the downright Orwellian corporate-bullshit-speak, which comes across as "we want to bring Bayonetta 2 to as many people as possible by bringing it to the console whose future is most uncertain, YAY!" and not, as it ought to, "look, Sega kinda forced our hand here, Nintendo swooped in, we made a deal, and RE 4 was originally a Nintendo exclusive... remember how that turned out? never say never".

Maybe I'm making a big deal out of the way it was said instead of what was actually said, but unfortunately I'm a person as much as a vessel which money flows out of and into the coffers of various game companies...

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2

Weasyl
    Eminoxic
    I know someone that is excited about pre-ordering his Wii-U just for Bayoneeta 2

I myself am not a fan of hand held gaming consoles though.

I must ask though, what exactly is Bayonetta?

Bayonetta was basically Devil May Cry with some differences in style and presentation. Which is to say, at the time, it was really, really great, because there was nothing really wrong with Devil May Cry as any stand-alone game, but the series as a whole had become so stale I actually somewhat regretting buying 4.

I really don't know what to think of the Wii-U. I know almost as little today as I did when it was first announced is how I feel. Okay, so there's this giant controller with its own screen that I guess, kinda-sorta turns console gaming into something akin to the DS? Okay? And everyone is expected to just like this and follow along? The graphics, it seems won't be as far behind the times as Wii, but give me a break, being able to compete with PS3 and 360 now means squat when those consoles are nearing the end of their lifespans, albeit as slowly as possible.

The thing is the original Wii was essentially an industry/market-wide exercise in futility coupled with buyer's remorse. No one truly liked it as a stand-alone platform, I think. No one. They liked the idea of it. They liked the Nintendo name. They liked Smash Bros, Zelda, RE 4, Metroid, okay, but the damned thing couldn't even have something like Dead Rising without utterly butchering it. It didn't even get a Star Fox title for crying out loud - that would go to the 3DS, and even that feels recycled (because it is).

I think they've gotten lucky with the 3DS. It's the right time, in the right position to capitalize on what it has (whether or not it will, which it probably won't, people have bought it, that's all that matters, right?) and this Wii-U thing is utterly arrogant whereas the original Wii was risky but successful for being the concept it was.

But it'll probably do very well in spite of itself and Miyomata or whatever his name is will spend the next few years binging on the best coke Yen can buy while he sees just how far Nintendo can ride on cynicism alone...

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf-Bone View Post
    Okay, so there's this giant controller with its own screen that I guess, kinda-sorta turns console gaming into something akin to the DS?
    You couldn't be farther from the truth. It's a second optional screen on the controller. Developers can use it like the DS's second screen if they please, or not use it at all.

The graphics, it seems won't be as far behind the times as Wii, but give me a break, being able to compete with PS3 and 360 now means squat when those consoles are nearing the end of their lifespans, albeit as slowly as possible.
    Actually, it does mean squat. You realize most TVs in the market today are 1080p, with any other higher-than-HD TVs WAAAAAYS away. Although graphical details may improve over years, they won't be that jarring between the Wii U and the other next-gen consoles

The thing is the original Wii was essentially an industry/market-wide exercise in futility coupled with buyer's remorse.
    ... No... Not at all.

No one truly liked it as a stand-alone platform, I think. No one.
    I liked it, and many of the millions of people who bought it also liked it. Who are you to speak for us?

They liked the idea of it. They liked the Nintendo name. They liked Smash Bros, Zelda, RE 4, Metroid, okay, but the damned thing couldn't even have something like Dead Rising without utterly butchering it.
    Which doesn't matter because Dead Rising isn't that good of a game in the first place.

It didn't even get a Star Fox title for crying out loud - that would go to the 3DS, and even that feels recycled (because it is).
    Does it matter? SF 643D was still a good game, and shows a new generation of gamers the Star Fox universe.

I think they've gotten lucky with the 3DS. It's the right time, in the right position to capitalize on what it has (whether or not it will, which it probably won't, people have bought it, that's all that matters, right?) and this Wii-U thing is utterly arrogant whereas the original Wii was risky but successful for being the concept it was.
    You couldn't be more wrong about the Wii U. Nintendo doesn't believe in the "10 year cycle" that Microsoft and Sony believe in, so they introduced their new console earlier than their competitors, effectively securing the market for at least 2 years. Now, Microsoft and Sony, and whoever else, will have to rush to get their next-gen consoles out in the market in order to deal with the Wii U saturating the market. Therefore, the next-gen Sony and Microsoft consoles will be rushed products, if they choose to rush, and that may work, but it's been shown in the past rushed products can be failures.

But it'll probably do very well in spite of itself and Miyomata or whatever his name is will spend the next few years binging on the best coke Yen can buy while he sees just how far Nintendo can ride on cynicism alone..
    It's "Miyamoto", and if you can't remember one of the fathers of modern video gaming, you should stop playing games

Quote Originally Posted by Eminoxic View Post
    I know someone that is excited about pre-ordering his Wii-U just for Bayoneeta 2

I myself am not a fan of hand held gaming consoles though.

I must ask though, what exactly is Bayonetta?
    So you're a fan of telepathic gaming?

I wasn't aware the kinect had the ability to read your mind yet. Must need a software update.

Quote Originally Posted by RX-149Dragonite View Post
    You couldn't be farther from the truth. It's a second optional screen on the controller. Developers can use it like the DS's second screen if they please, or not use it at all.
    And when a lot of them don't really utilize it except in passing, like they did with the Wiimote, it'll seem like a wasted opportunity, but a lot of people will come to wonder just what the hell they bought the damn thing for.

Quote Originally Posted by RX-149Dragonite
    Which doesn't matter because Dead Rising isn't that good of a game in the first place.
    A lot of people would disagree with you. And I'm not even exactly a fan of the series myself. But I realize why it's considered to be as good as it is. But I'm sure I'm wrong and you're just itching to tell me how...

Nintendo doesn't believe in the "10 year cycle" that Microsoft and Sony believe in
    So? A lot of people don't believe in evolution or apparently that the sperm and the egg are what makes the baby. No one gives a damn that Nintendo doesn't "believe" in the rest of the market because increasingly, that market is starting to believe Nintendo's turning into a kooky fringe of its own.

It's "Miyamoto", and if you can't remember one of the fathers of modern video gaming, you should stop playing games

Right, I should stop doing what I damn well please with my time and money because I don't have some emotional attachment to some Japanese businessman I never met (which has more to do with the language barrier than any real ignorance).

I don't have much else to say about your TL;DR boxwang here.

A

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #7

Weasyl
    Eminoxic
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinjo View Post
    So you're a fan of telepathic gaming?

I wasn't aware the kinect had the ability to read your mind yet. Must need a software update.
    Well, I usually don't hold my Xbox Console in my hand when I play games. Just the controller. :3

What I meant by hand held gaming consoles, were the consoles you actually hold in your hand, like Gameboy. Not the consoles that are usually far away from you, that you play with using a controller.

Quote Originally Posted by Eminoxic View Post
    Well, I usually don't hold my Xbox Console in my hand when I play games. Just the controller. :3
    I like the games where you actually do hold the Xbox Console in your hands
    and the game is you have to beat the console all to shit, no DLC needed for the full experience
    those are some of the best Let's Plays :3

Weasyl
    oly
    when my sister and I were young we played this game where we put pennies into our SNES.

I play my Wii more than any other console I own - except my 3DS. :V I love my PS3 but the bulk of its library doesn't appeal to my tastes.

Beyonetta is made by Platinum, Platinum are owned by SEGA, SEGA likes to suck off Nintendo, so I guess that explains the exclusive.
    If you say "plz" because it's shorter than "please," I'll say "no" because it's shorter than "yes."