Could someone please answer this?

I want to know everything the "ignore" button does. Does it actually prevent people from viewing your work/uploads or does it only prevent comments and messages?

If it doesn't prevent the people you block from viewing your work I REALLY think it should. :|

I typically don't want anyone I've blocked to be able to view my things because I usually would do it out of suspicion they are not a real account and only using their name to collect my work for something else.

I ask this because today I was followed by someone whose name is only a collection of random letters. So I am very suspicious, it makes me extremely uncomfortable.
    Inactive account

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2

Weasyl
    Fiz
    If you place someone on your ignore list, you can't see their comments or submissions. They can see your page/uploads but they can't comment, watch, favorite or send PMs.

Thank you for answering my question.

I really do think ignored users shouldn't be able to view anything you upload, though.
    Inactive account

Why? If they can't view something, they'll just log out and be able to view G/Mod stuff again, or create another account and view everything.

It's better to nip the problem in the butt while it's still fresh. People can't see your page if you set it up to be private when they are logged out, which is how mine is set.

I'd rather not have suspicious accounts, which seem to clearly be bots of some kind, collect my artwork for some other purpose. It makes me feel very unsettled.
    Inactive account

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #6

Weasyl
    Fiz
    Quote Originally Posted by Archidae View Post
    I'd rather not have suspicious accounts, which seem to clearly be bots of some kind, collect my artwork for some other purpose. It makes me feel very unsettled.
    If you have proof that an account is a bot account, you could send an e-mail to support@weasyl.com so we could look into it.

I don't know how I'd obtain proof but I am extremely suspicious of it. Either way, you answered my question. Thank you. I'm getting off topic now so you may close this if you like. c:
    Inactive account

8.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #8

Weasyl
    Fiz
    Quote Originally Posted by Archidae View Post
    I don't know how I'd obtain proof but I am extremely suspicious of it. Either way, you answered my question. Thank you. I'm getting off topic now so you may close this if you like. c:
    Well if they're obviously posting spambottish type messages and stuff is what I meant. And you're welcome :>