Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Login Bug?

Login Bug?

Ever since my first login and verification I have been unable to login to the Weasyl site after that without trouble.

It's the standard page of "you didn't type your username/password in right, please try again."
    I've had to reset my password every single time, mind you its the exact same password.

A. My username seems to be fine. (My username is VitalHEART )

B. Is there something wrong with my password combination? (My password does not contain any letters/numbers outside of its restrictions. i.e., no Chinese characters)

C. Could it somehow be because of my email host? I use an international email called "QQmail" some English based sites have had problems with my email host in the past, but they usually tell me upright that that kind of email host is unacceptable. Perhaps its unacceptable, but wasn't initially realized?

If someone could help I'd super appreciate it.

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #2
    Hm... I'm not on the tech side of things but I tried reproducing this with a QQmail and had no issues. I'll poke the appropriate parties and see if they can figure anything out, but in the meantime have you tried with a different e-mail at all? I imagine you have good reason to use what you do, but it'd be good to know.

Thank you. :3

Yes, actually, I have used a US based email host. Surprisingly I had trouble with that one too, though I hardly ever logged in so I thought I just mistyped my password. Never thought about that old one, good thing you mentioned it.

Now that this had been happening frequently, to the point of being every single time, I fear it is more than a mere typo, especially when I check the password by clicking the eye-thingie next to it that allows you to see what you typed (every single time). I also check the username as well, everything is typed correctly.

Oooohhhh! That brings up another problem. Auto-login.
    Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, and no the internet cookies and history are not tampered with, nor has the computer been reset/shut down when auto-login is not working.

For the past 3-5 check-ins within 2 days auto-login has been working. This is normal, it'll work for a couple of hours to a couple of days and then cop out again. I don't really care about auto-login, I just want the roundabout way I have to login that can take up to 6 minutes with slow internet gone.

I'm experiencing the same issue and i've emailed support! i hope they can fix it so i can start using the art portion of weasyl ; w ;