Weasyl
    Majatek

Greetings to all!

Hello world!

I've been a fairly long member of Weasyl thus far, but I haven't really gotten around to registering an account on this nice little forum that we have here. I probably won't really be participating too much due to being a community moderator elsewhere (and as such I don't really have a lot of free time), but if you do see me I'll most likely be posting something constructive and hopefully helpful. To help with things. To help solve problems. Hopefully.

With that out of the way I'll let you know a bit more about myself;

I'm a 23-year-old 2-meter tall (6 foot 5) dude from Europe. I was born in Greece, of Polish descent, and I am now living in Tasmania (that little speck below the bottom right corner of Australia). I'm an accent sponge, a sprite artist, a dabbler in game theory, a hobbyist coder for interactive multimedia, and, a music fan of sorts (if I listed off every genre and subgenre that I listen to, we'd be here all day).

Generally I'm a huge nerd. I love sticking my nose into anything that's technology related - especially if it's considered "scifi" (virtual worlds that you can fully immerse yourself into, or, scifi TV series), but also a fan of the 80's and 90's for not just the style, but also the music (synthpop and nu-disco being my two favourite genres).

I usually play a lot of FPS's because I was never the one for taking the time to figure out how to best quickly acquire minerals in a RTS game. That being said, I won't put down a good stealth game (like Splintercell Blacklist), or some good arcade-y racing action (Burnout Revenge being one of my favourites).

The fursona that I chose is a red fox not because I'm uncreative, or lazy, but because I was born in Europe, and I'm Polish. It's local fauna, so it fits. I sort of use him as a punching bag.

You can probably catch me online pretty much anywhere else by my alias “Majatek”. Except for YouTube where you'll find me as Majateka (some bastard beat me to the punch).

What does "Majatek" stand for? In Polish it translates to multiple things, but I chose it for the translation; "Fortune". I consider my friends of high value, moreso than any mere currency, because without them I would be nothing.

If you want to know anything else, just go ahead and ask. c:

Weasyl
    Hewge
    Yo yo yo! Welcome to Weasyl. You should bother being active here, as you seem pretty cool. ;p

"80's synthpop and nu-disco"
    Mein neger.
    I love the 80's. Good progrock and good electro.
    Got any good picks you wanna share?

If you haven't already, look up Koto https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrbP3muhl4A
    And for new 80's inspired darker stuff, Perturbator https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUg7EoxTJo4

Weasyl
    Majatek
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMysteriousL View Post
    Sup dood!

Welcome to Weasyl!
    Quite a lot! I've been world building with a few friends, progressing a 2-year-long project just that little bit further. How's about you?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Hewge View Post
    Yo yo yo! Welcome to Weasyl. You should bother being active here, as you seem pretty cool. ;p
    I'll see what I can do. Can't promise anything though as my life's been a bit hectic lately. I'm glad that I made a good positive impression (for some reason all my friends tend to label me as socially awkward just because I like to goof about in public). :>

Quote Originally Posted by SirCoffeecup View Post
    "80's synthpop and nu-disco"
    Mein neger.
    I love the 80's. Good progrock and good electro.
    Got any good picks you wanna share?
    Ja! Actually, that particular track by Koto reminds me of an old track that I once found on Newgrounds some time ago.
    You can give it a listen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_mZ_zGdpzo
    Darker tracks like Angel Dust there brings me right back to the first Terminator film. Bonus points if the synths do a sort of stereo surround effect. Chills down my spine man, chills.

As for synthpop, Mitch Murder makes a lot of good stuff (Burning Chrome is one of my favourite albums from him).
    I found his work through a YouTube user/channel that creates great music videos from 80's TV shows and films. https://www.youtube.com/user/neros77

Other than that, my knowledge on synthpop or even nu-disco is rather limited seeing as it's a genre that doesn't really get any coverage down here in down under. If you find anything more, I'd definitely like to give it a listen.

Thanks for the replies everyone! I'm definitely liking this community more and more.
    All posts generated by this user derives from consensus.

Quote Originally Posted by Majatek View Post
    Quite a lot! I've been world building with a few friends, progressing a 2-year-long project just that little bit further. How's about you?

Thanks!
    Huh, sounds kinda like what I've been doing.

...sans helpful friends. I do have a thread on here that I've been neglecting though...