Weasyl
    QTMelon

Final Fantasy Realm Reborn - A Megathread for meets and advice

Generally I'm a person that hates MMOs because of their clutter and such, but I've been playing the Public Beta of Final Fantasy a Realm Reborn. It took some getting used to but I am actually enjoying what the game has to offer.

So while the mechanics aren't the most revolutionary, one aspect of this game is that its Cross Platform. PC, PS3, PS4 users will be able to see and play with each other. Sorry Xbox owners, MS doesn't like you being Cross platform - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-platform-play

Yes this is subscription based, so once the 30 days are up you'll need to pay for more server time.

PS3 owners who are getting a PS4, you can transfer your character to the new system AND get the upgrade version at no extra cost. http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/ps4/ps3_users/ or http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/ps4/ps3_users/

So I started this thread for deals people who want to meet up.

I am on server Cactaur in North America.
    QT Melon
    Last edited by QT Melon; 04-06-2014 at 11:21 AM.

Weasyl
    Dreamline
    Hurrah for Final Fantasy 14!

I'm stuck on Balmung server, since my dad and brother are there and they don't plan on moving anytime soon. My main on there is Signus Farcry, who's almost always going as a Scholar.

I have another moderately leveled character (level 30-ish Scholar) on Sargitannus too, who I haven't played in a while.
    "There are times when all the world's asleep,
    The questions run too deep
    For such a simple man.
    Won't you please, please tell me what we've learned
    I know it sounds absurd
    But please tell me who I am."

Supertramp - The Logical Song

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Well been playing the PS3 version for a few days and I probably wouldn't have played it long term to be honest. On the other hand PS4 version runs beautifully. I was also interested in Elder Scrolls Online but that's also subscription.

I decided to give FF a shot for a few months for the following reasons.

Starting price to get in the game is actually much cheaper. PC and PS3 version are selling about 24 bucks with a 30 day subscription. I didn't have to enter my card number in to get the 30 days. I did create an account though.

Pros

Cross platform. As long as you own a key for the game, you can play across systems. PS3, PS4 and PC
    Updates, looks like they're serious about applying updates.
    You can play one month at a time and game cards are easy to find if you don't like paying through credit
    PS4 Voice chat is perfect with other PS4 players

Cons
    Subscription Base

I really think now that if you're going to be subscription base, they should follow a Netflix/Hulu level of pay. 7.99
    Basically more people would be likely to sign up for that price AND keep with auto renewal even if they're not playing every month. More people are willing to give that money away and I think with more people doing that it will definitely help with further development.

Would like Voice chat to be cross platform.

Overall I didn't think I'd enjoy this game but now I find myself giving it a bit more of my time.

Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    I played for six months, but then finally got bored of having nothing to do other than the daily roulettes and stuff. There's just no endgame content in that game and since getting to max level barely takes a month if you're not even trying, you're left just wanting 'em to release a new patch already but they only release those every 3-4 months so yeah, pretty mediocre game designing... which sucks since the game itself is fantastic.

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Completely understandable given that I generally give most games a month (3 months max) of my time I really don't plan wasting a year in subscribing to this game. I got it for 12 bucks but never tried it till the free beta for PS4 which runs wonderfully.

Weasyl
    QTMelon

I was there but it got bigger. I need to pull all the footage off my PS4. They were originally in unison and the crowd got bigger.

Always bring your wind up Moogle to a party.

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Ok so I maxed out my level on my main class and doing endgame content.

The Hildebrandt quests are funny as hell, nice levity to it

My favorite dungeon is the Crystal Tower. 24 player dungeon.

Thing I like the least are players rushing people on endgame main story line content because they want bonuses and gear.

If someone wants to skip the cutscenes it is fine, but don't badger players or leave them behind if they want to watch them. It robs them of the experience of what they generally leveled for in the main storyline.

Telling other players to just youtube a dungeon is lazy. Someone HAD to learn and play a dungeon before it was posted on YouTube so stfu.

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Well still enjoying this game on PS4. Party chat is fun. Met players that are doing it on a boat.

Patch 2.3 comes out July 8 and has chocobo raising, Ramuh, and the start of Shiva. It allows personal rooms so there goes any time I may have spent on animal crossing.