Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Weasyl Spotlight: Deriaz

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1

Weasyl
    Term

Weasyl Spotlight: Deriaz

Last edited by Tiger; 11-07-2016 at 09:47 PM.

Weasyl
    Dreamline
    Yay! This is a thing now!

(the Deriaz link is broken, just sends me to the about:blank tab for Chrome)
    "There are times when all the world's asleep,
    The questions run too deep
    For such a simple man.
    Won't you please, please tell me what we've learned
    I know it sounds absurd
    But please tell me who I am."

Supertramp - The Logical Song

Weasyl
    Lorien077
    It worked for me! I like the new spotlight feature, and this was a good read.
    You have my permission not to love me; I am a cathedral of deadbolts and Id rather burn myself down than change the locks.

Weasyl
    Zalcoti
    This is a really nice thing to do and so far it's a good read. I hope you guys pick a variety of artists for these articles though and not just "furry" artists.

Let's agree to define "artist" as someone who contributes to any of the arts (literature, music, illustration, fashion, etc) so as to widen the pool from which to draw interview subjects.
    Sega does what Nintendon't.

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #6

Weasyl
    Fayv
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJaySF View Post
    Let's agree to define "artist" as someone who contributes to any of the arts (literature, music, illustration, fashion, etc) so as to widen the pool from which to draw interview subjects.
    This will most certainly be the case. The intent is to really highlight the diversity of the community and support all the creative efforts here.

So if you have any ideas for writers, musicians, sculptors, fashionistas etc please email support@weasyl.com with suggestions for highlights. If anything we the staff like learning about new users to watch.

7.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #7

Weasyl
    Term
    As Fay said it's absolutely our intention to rotate mediums.

One of the great things about Weasyl is that we have creators of all kinds flocking to our site and sharing their work with the community. As such it's only natural that we make sure to shine our spotlight on someone who helps reflect not only our community but also their specific discipline be it within visual arts, photography, film, music, prose, poetry, what have you. We have a diverse set of users here and we want nothing more than to shout that from the rooftops and I hope that through the Spotlight not only will we expose more people to our community but also serve as a chance for our community to gain some advice or knowledge through another person's experience in the arts.

And I think with Deriaz being such a great subject for our inaugural edition, we're off on the right foot.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Just read the interview, very inspiring for those up & coming. Some wonderful advice from Deriaz as well, particularly this quote:

"The moment you can distance yourself from other people and just think, “I’m going to do it. I’m going to do it, and I’m going to do it as best I can,” you’ll be a lot happier. I feel like when you compare yourself to someone who’s better, you’re only putting yourself down. You’re not them."

We've all been hit with the jealousy bug, but to keep away from it and have the will power to do what you do for yourself is so uplifting to see! I'm saving the last paragraph just as a booster in times of need, ehe. The spotlight feature is a wonderful addition to Weasyl, glad to see your first "subject" was Deriaz. Truly worthy of it!