1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1

OCaml Appreciation Thread

so recently I've been getting back into using OCaml for some things, including now some Weasyl services. it's a pretty neat language; it's functional, but not entirely pure.

here's a project I just put up on github written in OCaml in preparation for doing more Weasyl services in OCaml: <https://github.com/weykent/ocaml-consistent-hash>.

has anyone else ever used it, or desired to use it?

Weasyl
    Saiko
    I've heard of it, but this is the first time I've actually looked at code samples... am I the only one who thinks it looks a touch cryptic?

3.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #3
    well, what other languages do you know? it's not a curly-braces-and-semicolons language, but I don't think it's that cryptic. there's not really that many non-word tokens used.

Weasyl
    Saiko
    Quote Originally Posted by weykent View Post
    well, what other languages do you know? it's not a curly-braces-and-semicolons language, but I don't think it's that cryptic. there's not really that many non-word tokens used.
    I've worked with the big names like Java, PHP, C/C++, etc; but those operators in OCaml are rather alien to me. Without looking up the language's syntax, I can't very well identify the logic.