Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1

Weasyl
    Fiz

Community Guidelines and Rating Guide Adjustments. [UPDATED]

Last edited by Fiz; 06-17-2014 at 05:09 PM.

Weasyl
    uropygid
    thank you for considering user feedback and changing the wording about the nipples rule -- I'm impressed with the rapid response, too. rock on, Weasyl.

Weasyl
    Toshabi
    I'm pretty disappointed in the staff. That's all I have to say. It gives me a good idea of what to expect for future SJW topics that arise.

Weasyl
    Noxid
    Quote Originally Posted by Toshabi View Post
    I'm pretty disappointed in the staff. That's all I have to say. It gives me a good idea of what to expect for future SJW topics that arise.
    I don't think the compromise was /that/ bad
    making guidelines is hard, they're just trying to find something that works for everyone. A fool's errand, perhaps, but still.

Weasyl
    Toshabi
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxid View Post
    I don't think the compromise was /that/ bad
    making guidelines is hard, they're just trying to find something that works for everyone. A fool's errand, perhaps, but still.
    The overall response from the naysayers was abhorent, to say the least. And worst of all? They were screaming "TRANSPHOBIA TRANSPHOBIA" at the drop of the hat rather than to stop and think for a moment as to what this was all about. Tis a cave in to petty demands from very petty folk. It goes to show how easy it is for some petty SJW political correctness to slap around the site's staff.

Perhaps I'm overstepping my boundaries by saying this, but that's my take on all of this. It's petty, over-dramatic bullshit. People should be ashamed of themselves for how they reacted and how petty they are for throwing around the term "transphobic" as some stupid "auto win" word for this debate. And people wonder why the world thinks so poorly of trans people, this whole incident is a step back. Shame on you all. I'm annoyed that, by PETTY reasoning and cave ins led to this resolve as opposed to intellectual debate.

Weasyl
    Hewge
    How unnecessary.

Weasyl
    N/A
    I'm pretty neutral about all this, though I do think the site has done well in promptly addressing its user base and trying to make everyone pleased (which is near impossible!). Keep up the great work, Weasyl staff!

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    Trying to operate an art website based on SJW-suggested guidelines is a futile effort, it will never work.
    "Female sex" is biological and works. Sex and gender are two different things, but female sex is in no way transphobic, it's a biological terminology. Transgender is the belief that your gender and sex don't match up - I can't imagine anybody would disagree here or call this transphobic..??
    Now that this can of worms has been opened, what if someone identifies as a flower? (No joke: http://askanonbinary.tumblr.com/nature, this page was linked in the previous thread) What if they find it offensive because the TOS is only focusing on transmen, transwomen, intersex, and cis? Now Weasyl is called transphobic all over again because it is non-inclusive to the Flower Folks of Asgardia.

Weasyl
    Xan
    thanks for fixing this so quickly! i was pretty disappointed the original wording got through but im glad you put a priority on fixing it instead of just dismissing the criticism

Weasyl
    armaina
    Hey! thanks for speaking with us about the wording on this, it really helps to know that the staff does care about the presentation of things and how it effects people. Who knows, maybe we'll be able to get a server somewhere down the line that doesn't categorize breasts as sexual, but until then, it's nice to know you'll do what you can to keep verbiage inclusive.