Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    RedSavage
    Quote Originally Posted by QT Melon View Post
    This makes no sense. I have no political agenda. What kind of accusation is that?

It also makes me sad that Weasyl has to be constantly compared to FA, this shouldn't be FA Jr.
    Well you completely missed/ignored what I said about it being more about competing ideals and beliefs.The whole paragraph after the one you quoted in fact. : /

And I think "contrast" is more applicable. I was distinctly giving examples how Weasyl staff handled this differently.

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    You're still making a comparison to FA when I feel that it shouldn't be necessary. It shouldn't have to constantly be compared to that site. It's disheartening.

I again don't have some kind of political agenda. This whole mess started because someone who did have an agenda misinterpreted something and made accusations towards the staff. The issue had nothing to do with any phobia. Instead it was used to further complicate the matter which comes off as more bullying despite what the staff said because there was a better way to sidestep that issue instead of looking like it was caving into a heated accusation that came up several times.

Glad they're happy they reworded it, but it feels like a nightmare when it comes to posting art that who knows how quickly people have to constantly change a TOS when someone got hurt over something. And by hurt, it has nothing to do with calling people SJW or whatever nonsense people use to do the opposite kinds of bullying that has gone on this thread.

It just makes it feel like a TOS was rushed out, or people are wishy washy. Especially since it was really an issue of reading comprehension that turned into something more political.
    Last edited by QT Melon; 06-19-2014 at 04:04 PM.

If I can't trust the staff to make decisions on their own in spite of the noise level created by some people, then what exactly am I supposed to do? Forcibly supplant them?

It may be that people are upset that this revision came about after a particular debacle, but it's asinine to believe that the argument commanded their discussion or that the forcefulness of certain persons bought and sold support for the changes in any direction.

I have seen staff fuck up. I was standing right there in the chat directly named and linked to a PG-13 site when the shit hit the fan, very serious accusations of racism amongst the staff. It was all the more troubling because all of the persons involved were all senior site staff or users, and every single one of them knew better.

Those accusations were completely valid, by the way, and the reason they even had substance was the admin responsible, a very senior member, "just stopped caring" until the shit hit the fan.

This situation is wholly different. Weasyl is not under the control of those driven by malice. The language is clarified and written so that people are not shoehorned into categories they do not wish to subscribe to. It may be that uploading may be a modicum more effort-requiring than before, but it's a far cry from being anti-user. It only asks a bit more thought from the content creator, and if expecting people to exercise a little more thought or ask for a little clarity from the staff is too much, then we should stop expecting people to learn how to use basic language skills that don't look like an AOL chatroom shit them out.
    Sega does what Nintendon't.

Weasyl
    RedSavage
    @Qt Unless I'm mistaken, you wanted the TOS to be the same, yes? Unchanged. As is. Scientific terminology.

"Their" agenda is TO change, so to speak. Social awareness. Nonoffensive language.

Basically I'm saying the willingness to keep things as they are is an agenda itself, and you cant really call out the perfect inverse of the view (to change) as an agenda without a sense of irony if you don't recognize your own pull in it all. And I do mean pull--not simply a steadfast defense against this "other aggressor".

I really hate that we have these
    Factions now. I didn't agree with the way the message was put by them, and not even the message. I thought the terminology was fine as is and perfectly clear and Nonoffensive.

But I also don't agree with this HMPH attitude at the admin's eventual course of action. What does it matter, in the end? And how else were they to diffuse the situation? Damned if they do,
    Damned if they don't.

As for the rushed and wishy washy TOS, I think in the end the changes were minor. And that it's better than hordes claiming that Weasyl overloads are dictators with ironclad rules with no near update or change to it in sight.
    Last edited by RedSavage; 06-19-2014 at 05:09 PM.

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    QTMelon said it better than I could have.

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #56
    Weasyl
    MLR
    We seem to be quickly veering into the realms of theory, speculation, and slippery-slope type arguments at this point. Because in my experience that's pretty much a no-man's land in terms of resolving conflicts, I'm going to go ahead and bow out of the conversation. I'll still keep an eye on this thread and address addressable concerns.

Weasyl
    avan_kaira
    Based on the first few posts and rory's response to them in the other thread, I have no idea what constitutes a 'curvaceous/well-defined' breast. (Nor do I understand why its an issue but thats another topic on its own)

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #58

Weasyl
    Fiz
    Quote Originally Posted by Reagan View Post
    This is explanation is super helpful, thank you so much. Do breasts fall into the rule in the same way?

I'm mostly wondering if uncovered breasts are okay as long as they lack an overt sexual scenario and or nipple/areola. My main doesn't wear a shirt often but that doesn't mean that every picture with her in it is sexual so I'd like to mark the majority of them as general.
    Sorry, missed this comment.

In the context of your comment, a picture like that would be fine in General.

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    Quote Originally Posted by avan View Post
    Based on the first few posts and rory's response to them in the other thread, I have no idea what constitutes a 'curvaceous/well-defined' breast. (Nor do I understand why its an issue but thats another topic on its own)
    It was basically a way to explain biological sexed"female" breasts, as in breasts used for babies.. as compared to a typical "dude" chest with no tits.
    There's no non-transphobic way to explain this so I'm sorry if I made this more confusing.

Weasyl
    avan_kaira
    Yeah... I'm only more confused at this point, especially since what I think you're getting at applied to both images, not a case of one but not the other.

Also, at least from what I'm getting from your description, it seems biased against individuals with particular morphologies, since when rendered clothesless for the same non-sexualized level of detail they end up not being able to be classed as general and must be classed as moderate, and thus cannot be viewed by non-logged in users.