Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Web Design & Development

Web Design & Development

Wondering if anyone is a designer, runs/owns their own website, or hangs out on sites like Tumblr that allow you to customize and create themes/layouts for your blog. I haven't seen much of this on FA but it sticks out a lot of DA and I enjoy looking at others work and learning or basing later designs off of them taking different aspects I enjoyed from them and incorporating them.

Also opinions on how popular you might think this subject will be on Weasyl? I don't even know if they'll have a sub-section like deviant art does. :P

Weasyl
    oly
    I have tumbls. i made my themes by ripping apart preset ones and messin with them. I'm no top notch designer though, you shoulda seen the code for my first one... sheeeit.

We all start somewhere >u<
    I got into web design by envying my friends skills, she made amazing designs for Piczo before they turned into a blogger site. :U
    Even with their shitty way of allowing folk to build a site she made it work, and she even shopped the images used to make it look 10x better

I tinker in webdesign and front-end development. It's quite addicting in my opinion. Something I would have probably enjoyed making a career out of, but I'm a tad invested in art to switch I think. Not to mention it would be a gamble I'm not too sure is worth it. XD;;;;

Tho considering i'm jobless, perhaps it's a good idea to try learning something new. XD

Psh, a lot of artists dabbl in web design since they can use their work in a layout or design they create. I think it's something anyone can do if they put time into it (and yes it gets very addicting lol) but it's even better if you continue to grow and learn with it until you can make it into a job/career that allows you to be artistic. A lot of pixel art websites are drawn by their creators, they can get really creative. e3e

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #6
    Weasyl
    Aden
    I do some web stuff sometimes c:

Weasyl
    Tiger
    I've played around with Tumblr and Myspace layouts, I've created my own website, run my own oekaki, and created two forums. I used Dreamweaver CS4 for a while, now I use CS5. I'm no pro, but it can be enjoyable (so long as I can get FTP running and cooperative )

When dealing with FTP I usually go with FileZilla if Dreamweaver is being poop, I currently have the CS6 version which isn't much different aside from adding a previous CS5 add-on as a basic feature (fluid layout using the 960 grid system). I tried it out and wasn't very pleased with it, I'd rather use it in Photoshop then Dreamweaver x_x;

Did you make the forums from scratch? I'm assuming so, I've only made forums using Forumotion and they never picked up since my site has little to no visitors, lol.

Weasyl
    Tiger
    They're phpBB forums, they were free to add to my website, so I did that and fooled around with some coding on it. I'm not good at it, but it was pretty fun.