Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: "Thanks for the watch"

Weasyl
    Namba
    Man, this one time I got a reply from Shiacoft (pink cabbit, look him up) that seemed funny and unique. Turns out it's something where he just hits ctrl-V and there's the message. I'd rather he just said "thanks for the watch."

Weasyl
    Obsydian
    I used to never do it, but started it when I joined this site. I don't know if I should but it feels good to do it, kinda. If it's annoying I'll stop!

Weasyl
    NovaCaine
    I feel its a good way to express your gratitude for new follower or watcher.
    I'm getting new watcher constantly and I always make an effort to thank them all.

My thank you message is usually as follows:
    "Thank you for the watch(follow). It's great appreciated! :love: : coffee : "

The two icon prompts at the end turn out to be a heart and a mug of what looks like beer(cheers), even though the prompt for is coffee lol

I had a follower recently tell me how awesome it was that I said thanks to them in such a way and they were surprised with the amount of followers and page views I had I still took the time to do so.
    Last edited by NovaCaine; 09-22-2014 at 02:53 AM.
    I have a secret.​
    A dark, furry secret with big teeth.​
    Less a secret, really - more a wolf.

Weasyl
    Erameris
    I think that kind of messages have become a part of the etiquette on the Internet. That is simply people being polite and expressing their gratefulness, it may look automated because it's a standard phrase, like many others we use everyday, but I think is okay and is not necessary to reply these messages because you've already shown your appreciation for that person's art when you faved/watched them, which is what brought them to your page in the first place. I understand when someone finds it annoying, they must have their reasons to do so but I also think it's important to have these little gestures in an online community, a "thanks for the watch" can be a one-time gesture of politeness as much as it can be the start of a new acquaintanceship.

Weasyl
    Manna
    Quote Originally Posted by Erameris View Post
    I think that kind of messages have become a part of the etiquette on the Internet. That is simply people being polite and expressing their gratefulness, it may look automated because it's a standard phrase, like many others we use everyday, but I think is okay and is not necessary to reply these messages because you've already shown your appreciation for that person's art when you faved/watched them, which is what brought them to your page in the first place. I understand when someone finds it annoying, they must have their reasons to do so but I also think it's important to have these little gestures in an online community, a "thanks for the watch" can be a one-time gesture of politeness as much as it can be the start of a new acquaintanceship.
    thanks for the post

Weasyl
    Zakraz
    Hello, new here on this forum.
    I hope everyone are doing great and will be kind, also how do I add an icon/avatar here?

To thank or not to thank that's the question, many say thank to be polite and kind towards others and spread a bit of joy maybe but also to show that they care when someone watch or fav something of their work, art, etc, anything. Spread a bit of joy to others can be a good idea but please respect those who say it isnít needed to thank them for anything at all.

I guess that it.