Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Barely a furry

Barely a furry

Do you relate to the following?

I'm not into fursuiting, I don't have animal behavior quirks (like purring or mewing), I don't put furry pictures on my walls or computer desktop, I feel somewhat out of place and embarrassed around furries, I identify with humans, I'm not strongly spiritually connected to animals or nature, I don't spoil my pet cat, I don't push topics on people who are uninterested.

I find something very meaningful in most of my art, and animal characters I understand from some feeling inside me. Like a metaphor, a symbol; I can express what it means to be human through animal characters. Currently I am roleplaying this through GURPS with my brothers who aren't furry. They can sense it too, and the more we express the more we understand. It is humanity we admire, and all the good in the world that comes from it.

But the fandom? I wish to share my feelings and expressions with others, but this fandom... it is hard to fit into.

Anyone else barely a furry?

Weasyl
    Toshabi
    Wrong forum section bub.

On topic: No. The fandom as a whole seems to be largely represented by the lifestyle furries as opossed to those that treat it as a hobby. I would dare not consider myself to be one of those and be lumped in with the filth that they self-generate.

Weasyl
    MakePupsNotWar
    You don't have to bark and meow and think you're an animal to be a furry. As far as I'm concerned, a furry is anybody who appreciates or has an affinity for anthropomorphic animals. I'm sure there has been lots of debate over what the "real" definition of furry is, but ultimately it doesn't really matter. It's just a fandom. Do you consider yourself a furry? congrats, you're a furry.

Anybody who thinks that you have to fit some kind of criteria to be furry probably has their head up their own ass and should be promptly avoided. I'm sure most furs here on weasyl would agree with me.
    Yeah? well, y'know...that's just like, your opinion, man.

Like Chess? Play with me! Just drop me a PM whenever you're down. I have a chess.com account, and I can also set up a game with you on lichess (no subscription process or login required) whenever you like.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #4
    Moved to Lifestyles; Weasyl is not an exclusively furry website, so fandom discussions go here.

OT: What's to fit into, anyway? If you want to be popular, then it seems like there are some pre-determined things you have to fit into, but otherwise there's so many differences in what the fandom means to people that it's hard to establish any definition of what's normal for a furry. Do you like anthropomorphic creatures? That doesn't make you a furry, but that's basically all you need to relate to anyone at the most basic of levels. You picked out a lot of the more extreme behaviors, to be quite honest.

Most of the "barely furry" people aren't going to actively be hovering around online anyway, not in furry-centric communities at least. You'll have a better chance on general art sites of running into them, though.

Weasyl
    Hewge
    Judging by all that animal-person smut you've uploaded, I'd say you fit in just fine!

Weasyl
    Toshabi
    Quote Originally Posted by Hewge View Post
    Judging by all that animal-person smut you've uploaded, I'd say you fit in just fine!
    Kekekekeke, my filters hid the truth from me. But regardless you can still draw dog how-do-you-do's and cat vajingo and still not be a furry. It'll be hard to convince your onlookers that such is the truth, however. Most people like this only use the fandom for profit though, and who can blame them when such art sells like hotcakes?

Weasyl
    Hewge
    Quote Originally Posted by Toshabi View Post
    Kekekekeke, my filters hid the truth from me. But regardless you can still draw dog how-do-you-do's and cat vajingo and still not be a furry. It'll be hard to convince your onlookers that such is the truth, however. Most people like this only use the fandom for profit though, and who can blame them when such art sells like hotcakes?
    Naaww. That's definitely some full-on furry smut.

Barely furry? I am not even one, just a fan of cartoon and fantasy creatures.

If your not into the "fandom" then you really connect with people the "fandom" when talking about it. That doesn't mean there aren't plenty of other people around you can talk with, and If you have no common interests other then "furry" you probably aren't really friends anyways.

Weasyl
    Toshabi
    Quote Originally Posted by Hewge View Post
    Naaww. That's definitely some full-on furry smut.
    Hrrrrrrrmmmmmmmm, is Hewge suggesting that this thread is merely a byproduct of insecurity?

Weasyl
    Hewge
    Quote Originally Posted by Toshabi View Post
    Hrrrrrrrmmmmmmmm, is Hewge suggesting that this thread is merely a byproduct of insecurity?
    Why, of course! OP has yet to accept their inner-furry self, and be who they truly are.

They must be one with the yiff.