Weasyl
    larkspurdragon

Character art turned into a shipping label!

So uh

It was pointed out to me by a watcher that one of my characters no longer has art associated with its character page:
    https://www.weasyl.com/character/34444/pendleton

Instead, it has "art" of a shipping label: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vk6hon6skd...4444.cover.png (dropbox link in case the issue gets fixed before the thread is read)

When I click on the image, however, it takes me to the correct image.
    https://www.weasyl.com/static/charac...bmit.18181.png

This is VERY very weird and I'm wondering what might have caused it and whether I can switch it back. I don't want to switch it back until one of the devs or coders knows about it because if images are spontaneously changing, this needs to be resolved ASAP.

That... is an odd bug...

I can't imagine what would cause something like this. The only things I can think of would involve either Weasyl doing shipping (which we know they don't ATM) or someone uploading a sample shipping label as art, and the temporary file just happened to overwrite your character's.

Weasyl
    larkspurdragon
    Yeah, I can't think of what would cause it either but I felt that Weasyl should know about something like this. Maybe it's been happening to other people too.

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    I've seen this happen on other sites before. Could never figure out what was causing it, but people's avatars were being changed to random things like pictures of a dog.

Weasyl
    MakePupsNotWar
    Quote Originally Posted by gamedog View Post
    i've seen this happen on other sites before. Could never figure out what was causing it, but people's avatars were being changed to random things like pictures of a dog.
    Oh god

it happened to you too
    Yeah? well, y'know...that's just like, your opinion, man.

Like Chess? Play with me! Just drop me a PM whenever you're down. I have a chess.com account, and I can also set up a game with you on lichess (no subscription process or login required) whenever you like.

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Conner View Post
    Oh god

it happened to you too
    No I was being serious, someone's icon was just randomly changed to a picture of a black lab, anothers was a picture of a woman in lingerie, another was alcohol, it was just weird random stuff like that

Weasyl
    Toshabi
    I'm sorry, but that's pretty goddam hilarious. Let's ship your characters to Google Inc.

Weasyl
    MakePupsNotWar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamedog View Post
    No I was being serious, someone's icon was just randomly changed to a picture of a black lab, anothers was a picture of a woman in lingerie, another was alcohol, it was just weird random stuff like that
    I know, I was just teasing you :P
    Yeah? well, y'know...that's just like, your opinion, man.

Like Chess? Play with me! Just drop me a PM whenever you're down. I have a chess.com account, and I can also set up a game with you on lichess (no subscription process or login required) whenever you like.