Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamedog View Post
    I was pointing out the hilariously stupid things he says and does throughout the manifesto. Such as the two things you posted.
    Ooooh.

Yeah, this guy. He had a few problems. Mostly self entitled narcissistic problems.

Also, I came across an artificial that said he DID go to a few therapists.

Weasyl
    Vae
    I don't know if mandatory psychiatric evaluations would do anything to help.
    We'd have to rework the whole of how we deal with mental illnesses in this country.

Because anyone who is smart will lie.
    We know that if we admit to having those harmful kinds of urges, bad things will happen.
    If we didn't fear those consequences, then maybe it would be more viable.
    Resident Koopa Trash

You know, the most terrifying thing about this entire thing is...he kinda reminds me of..me. At least with the retribution and vengeance and general anger at an unjust world.

....'Cept I put all my rage into making delightful bath products, and trying to be a successful businessperson. Course, that took me having to learn that people grow up, become different people, and hooking onto things just makes you bitter and unpleasant to be around. And me being an "oh woe is meee" person doesn't help anybody, yourself included.

...now I just gotta work on the being terrified of people and being more outgoing aspect....

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    Here are a few of the most bizarre quotes. There are a LOT more but I don't think I should post the more graphic ones. Idk if that would be too much. Either way, you'll come across them eventually.

"For one thing, I was never enthusiastic about Morocco. The country is very backwards, and that made me very uncomfortable. They didn’t even have the latest video games.

I formed an ideology in my head of how the world should work. I was fueled both by my desire to destroy all of the injustices of the world, and to exact revenge on everyone I envy and hate. I decided that my destiny in life is to rise to power so I can impose my ideology on the world and set everything right.
    I was only seventeen, I have plenty of time.
    I thought to myself. I spent all of my time studying in my room, reading books about history, politics, and sociology, trying to learn as much as I can. I became a new person, furiously driven by a goal. My torment would continue, but I had something to live for. I felt empowered.

"I started to frequently ask my mother to seek marriage with this man, or any wealthy man for that matter. She always adamantly refused, and demanded that I stopped talking about it. She told me that she never wanted to get married again after her experience with my father. I told her that she should sacrifice her well-being for the sake of my happiness, but this only offended her further.
    (He was trying to get rich while he was young so that he could attract women)

I soon went to one of those dinners at father’s house. It was an awkward experience, to have dinner with the two of them after all of that tension. We didn’t raise any issues and talked about pleasant things. It was nice to see my brother Jazz again. I was shocked by how much he had grown in the past several months. He was no longer a baby, but a five-year-old boy who was turning six soon. I could actually have full conversations with him. He was a very social boy, and quite boisterous… and that started to worry me. He could well turn into one of the people I have despised and envied so much. I felt a hint of jealousy that my five-year-old brother was so well versed in social skills at such a young age. I always suffered from shyness and social anxiety, but Jazz didn’t seem to have that problem.

I continued seeing Philip and Addison, my only other social interaction besides James. I talked to Addison about my old political views, debating with him about what an ideal world would look like. I found out that he had some fascist views of his own, and it was nice to have a discussion with someone about things that would make most normal people run a mile.

I spent the next five days in my room, trying to forget about the horrific experiences I had to go through. But even in my room, I couldn’t escape from being reminded of my worthlessness. Every time I looked out my window to the courtyard, I saw young people socializing. Obnoxious drunk boys were chatting up pretty girls, and I wondered with great panic if they would be having sex together in the night. I often fantasized about barging into their rooms while they had sex and slashing them to death with my knife.

It was the first time in my life that I had been truly beaten up physically to the point where my face was bruised up. I had suffered a lot of bullying in my life, but most of it wasn’t physical. I had never been beaten and humiliated that badly. Everyone in Isla Vista saw what happened, and it was truly horrific. The worst part of this whole ordeal was not getting beaten up, oh no. It was the fact that no one showed any concern. There was only one group who helped me to the end of Del Playa, but after that they abandoned me. Not one girl offered to help me as I stumbled home with a broken leg, beaten and bloody. If girls had been attracted to me, they would have offered to walk me to my room and take care of me. They would have even offered to sleep with me to make me feel better. But no, not one girl showed an ounce of concern for me. They didn’t care. No one cared about me. I was all alone.

I am not part of the human race. Humanity has rejected me. The females of the human species have never wanted to mate with me, so how could I possibly consider myself part of humanity? Humanity has never accepted me among them, and now I know why. I am more than human. I am superior to them all.
    I am Elliot Rodger… Magnificent, glorious, supreme, eminent… Divine! I am the closest thing there is to a living god. Humanity is a disgusting, depraved, and evil species. It is my purpose to punish them all. I will purify the world of everything that is wrong with it. On the Day of Retribution, I will truly be a powerful god, punishing everyone I deem to be impure and depraved.

"It is very unfair how some boys are able to live such pleasurable lives while I never had any taste of it, and now it has been confirmed to me that my little brother will become one of them. He will become a popular kid who gets all the girls. Girls will love him. He will become one of my enemies. That was the day that I decided I would have to kill him on the Day of Retribution. I will not allow the boy to surpass me at everything, to live the life I’ve always wanted. It’s not fair that he has the chance to have a pleasurable life while I’ve been denied it. It will be a hard thing to do, because I had really bonded with my little brother in the last year, and he respected and looked up to me. But I would have to do it. If I can’t live a pleasurable life, then neither will he! I will not let him put my legacy to shame.
    In order to kill Jazz, I would have to kill Soumaya too, but that will be easy. All I would need to do is think about all of the hurtful things she had said to me in that past as I plunge my knife into her neck. But what if father is in the house to stop me?
    Would I have to kill him too? That would be too much.

...Holy shit dood.

- - - Updated - - -

...Okay, I just got to the fucked up part, and now I'm not in a taunting mood anymore. This guy was Nuts.

Weasyl
    Infestissumam
    stepping on the crowtche owf your americain presidaint
    He had Asperger's, for those curious.

Weasyl
    Toshabi
    Maybe we should assign a girl to every boy at birth.

#ToshabiMakesItLookEasy

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    Quote Originally Posted by Infestissumam View Post
    He had Asperger's, for those curious.
    I think that was actually discredited.
    I would believe he had something like antisocial personality disorder.

He was prescribed Risperidone but refused to take it, however he did take Xanax and whatnot.

We can't blame the SSRIs in this case. It was waaaaay too premeditated for this to be some kind of medication-induced thing.

Oddly I do see a little of myself in this guy too, and I think deep down that's what scares me the most. That nugget in the back of my brain that tells me that I'm not good enough, that makes me angry and vengeful at people more successful than me.
    Get a loada this guy here.
    https://twitter.com/DogdongD

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    It is during moments like these that we are allowed to look inward. See the flaws within ourselves, how quickly they can lead to ruin. There is no denying that this guy was mentally ill, which makes it much more difficult to simply see the wrong, but we can learn what false superiority is like.

Take the story of this boy as a reason to make the world a better, more compassionate place with your actions. We must never give in and let it truly become bleak.

Too many people use these events to go on a witch-hunt for anyone that doesn't "act right" instead of merely learning from it.
    Last edited by Rilvor; 05-31-2014 at 02:46 AM.