Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

That guy who shot those people.

He was really crazy. Also it's terrifying because I can name like 5 people I know personally who view women in some degree or another the same way he apparently did. Once again people who knew him knew he was pants on head crazy and knew what he was planning but did nothing about it and now all we can do is shake our heads at the tragedy. Feminists are in my facebook feed trying to convince me that men are evil and MRMs are on youtube trying to tell me that this is what happens when you remove men from their dignity. Generic liberals are saying it's a gun violence problem. As the only one among my friends majoring in an actual social science I could probably say this was some stupid affluence entitlement thing. But I don't think it's any of that, it's just a crazy person who did something awful because no one bothered to make sure he had the help he needed. If people had psychiatric evaluations like they have annual physicals, they probably would have identified his sociopathic tendencies a long, long time ago and nipped it in the bud.
    Get a loada this guy here.
    https://twitter.com/DogdongD

Dude, America is never gonna get with the program when it comes to mental health.

I think it's just lived with.

Weasyl
    Zeitzbach
    There's a reason why people living in America are called Ameriguns.

and

Quote Originally Posted by TheMysteriousL View Post
    Dude, America is never gonna get with the program when it comes to mental health.

I think it's just lived with.
    ^

See that Obama Health Care? Now imagine Obama Mental Care.

Weasyl
    Toshabi
    It really disgusts me how people are turning this whole entire incident into a way of pushing a political agenda. I had a friend who got upset with me because I called the shooter a madman. "IF HE WAS BLACK HE'D JUST BE A KILLA, BUT SINCE HE'S WHITE HE'S A MADMAN". No. If you're going to murder people because of some crazed notion that people you don't know are silently judging you or are not sexually digging you, you've got mental problems. That's not a race issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Toshabi View Post
    It really disgusts me how people are turning this whole entire incident into a way of pushing a political agenda. I had a friend who got upset with me because I called the shooter a madman. "IF HE WAS BLACK HE'D JUST BE A KILLA, BUT SINCE HE'S WHITE HE'S A MADMAN". No. If you're going to murder people because of some crazed notion that people you don't know are silently judging you or are not sexually digging you, you've got mental problems. That's not a race issue.
    That's really the crux of the thing. We don't wanna look at the one glaring unavoidable link between all these lunatics shooting people up, so we just politicize fringe issues. Thing is it's not even that difficult to mitigate the problem. You go to the dentist, you get an eye exam, you get a physical, just sit down with a therapist for an hour a year and make sure you're not about to blow a gasket.

Weasyl
    Zeitzbach
    Quote Originally Posted by Toshabi View Post
    That's not a race issue.
    There was a case that really was a race issue though.

The Boston Marathon bombing.

Boston was blowback from a CIA propaganda operation against Russia in Eastern Europe years prior, not a race issue.

Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    I had a feminist friend who would NOT shut up about this. She just used this tragedy as a platform to cry about MRA's saying they're all violent misogynistic bigots who need to be purged. And her stupid friends came in and saying calling him mentally was just being an ableist piece of shit.

SJW's have an excuse to warp and blame the wrong people and dismiss the real issues of EVERYTHING.
    Ugh, hate those people who keep yelling about ableists.

The guy was mentally ill, period.

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    Dude only wrote a 140-page manifesto about how women are evil for not throwing sex at him. And spent over a year posting on a misogynist forum about getting revenge on women and making a future where women fear men again, which did nothing to so much as raise the eyebrows of the other residents there. And has since had multiple people on reddit saying he's a hero and calling for copycat violence. Gee, I can't imagine why anyone would draw a connection to MRA bullshit at all.
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

There's a girl I know who's been belligerent about it. She's been citing #YesAllWomen quotes as "facts" and using them as an excuse to rant about men. I just replace "men" with "blacks" in the examples she shows me to illustrate how ridiculous it is, because every single one instantly turns into something you'd expect to see on Stormfront. It's almost like she's offended that it's *not* actually a deeply rooted sexism issue. I could just as easily claim this guy was a rich little snot who went over the deep end cause he was nothing more than a fashion accessory for his parents, and while that might have contributed to his psychiatric condition, this isn't a class issue. The Aurora guy went off his nut because of college debt, but even that wasn't a class issue. These people needed help, no one bothered to see if he was mentally okay, and this is the result.

And yeah there are ableist schmucks who think everyone taking lithium is a psycho-killer just waiting to happen which is probably why the mental health stigma won't die.

Dude only wrote a 140-page manifesto about how women are evil for not throwing sex at him. And spent over a year posting on a misogynist forum about getting revenge on women and making a future where women fear men again, which did nothing to so much as raise the eyebrows of the other residents there. Gee, I can't imagine why anyone would draw a connection to MRA bullshit at all.
    This draws more similarities to the unabomber than it does the MRM. I know plenty of social objectivists and the only thing they're guilty of is buying solar panels to go "off the grid".
    Last edited by TeenageAngst; 05-30-2014 at 08:29 PM.