Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    I guess I could say something and complain about it or what not, but on the other hand I don't want to come off as an elitist jerk about how people want to use the site or guess the psychology only to accidentally include someone who was well meaning about it.

But in all honesty I'm not worried or bothered with it. In the end it's such a small thing to fret over or complain about. I rather worry about my artwork and improve it. I appreciate the audience I got and while there are people who may be undesirable, the world is not perfect anyone can like your art for any reason and you can't expect perfect little angels coming over to like your art.

For many complaints someone has about watchers, or others...there's on the other side complaints how artists come off as jerks and self serving. I think it's just eating the tail...

Weasyl
    avan_kaira
    Minor annoyance I suppose.

Usually when I give out watches/favs etc its because i actually liked something, though honestly I dont get enough time to look at all the stuff that gets made, let alone handing out comments and watches. Wish I did though. In all though, its a way of saying 'thanks for sharing your work, i liked/loved it, hope to see more of it'

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitzbach View Post
    People that post 3-4 pieces a year and only produce great pieces deserve it. It's almost impossible to see them pop on the front page unless you set it to "Hot only" which means you won't be seeing any new pieces until you go back to "Latest"

Meanwhile, 6 scribbles 2 rushed flat 4 meh shaded 1 great shaded with a decent bg.

NO TY. I WILL ONLY FAV THE LAST ONE.

Yeah... I can't be bothered to watch people with half assed work, actual thats on reason i was hesitant of making my sketchbook thread. What more annoying is people who constantly post scribbles and WIPs that aren't even half done. Then they don't even finish them!!

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeitzbach View Post
    Meanwhile, 6 scribbles 2 rushed flat 4 meh shaded 1 great shaded with a decent bg.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammacha View Post
    What more annoying is people who constantly post scribbles and WIPs that aren't even half done. Then they don't even finish them!!
    I don't mean to stray off topic, but aha! These are both me x1000~ XD!

Weasyl
    Infestissumam
    stepping on the crowtche owf your americain presidaint
    I think what honestly annoys me the most are people that comment "Thanks for the fav! I'm glad you like MY ARTWORK" and essentially use your page as a fucking billboard.

Weasyl
    RedSavage
    Quote Originally Posted by Infestissumam View Post
    I think what honestly annoys me the most are people that comment "Thanks for the fav! I'm glad you like MY ARTWORK" and essentially use your page as a fucking billboard.
    I'll admit I tried to click that several times.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratte View Post
    Well, if I'm the one dealing with them, I really only benefit from having a +1 watcher, though I do find it annoying when they show no activity otherwise. While obviously I would like someone to actually do something (making a completely blank account with nothing on it, only watches is kinda weird) it's still up to them and not me.
    Are you stalking your watchers? O_e

Does it really matter though? if someone has a genuine interest in your work they will most likely comment on an image or send you a note. Or if they use your shout page it would be more then a sentence, noticeable, at least in my exp.

...Dang it, it took seven clicks to realize that wasn't a link.

Weasyl
    Infestissumam
    stepping on the crowtche owf your americain presidaint
    Does it really matter though? if someone has a genuine interest in your work they will most likely comment on an image or send you a note. Or if they use your shout page it would be more then a sentence, noticeable, at least in my exp.
    The point is that they don't. They just post a link to their stuff and say that they're happy I like it, then never contact me again, or watch my stuff, or anything.

Weasyl
    Ratte
    Are you stalking your watchers? O_e
    No, I mean that if I get a watcher and go to their profile, I see that they don't comment, favorite, or really do anything other than watch. It'd be nice to at least get some kind of activity out of someone if they're going to be on a site and watch anyone, you know? Just seems like a waste otherwise.