Weasyl
    N/A

"60 seconds that will change how you think"

Such a wonderful message; "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." Though I personally love the video, there's many who are bashing the person who made it (as well as the homeless guy). What are your thoughts on this, and do you think the quote rings true? Also, do you agree with people doing these type of social experiments so freely?

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    I like the message of the video and I like that they gave a homeless man pizza, but the video/experiment itself is mostly for feel-good factor. That man is still homeless, he will still be homeless and hungry, and this social experiment does nothing to help or bring attention to the numbers of homeless people on the street, it merely used them as a stepping stool to point out the greediness in other people.

Weasyl
    Dreamline
    I don't know... the video came as... off, for me. I don't blame the people in the pizza shop not giving him their slices. For one: You're in a pizza shop, if you're in there you can (and are most likely in there to) buy your own pizza. Plus the guy trying this experiment looked well-enough off that there was no real reason any of the patrons should have said yes at all. For two: In my opinion, the way the guy asked the customers for a slice was just... wrong. From what I can describe it as, it just felt too blunt. What's weird is that he changes the way he asks for pizza for the homeless guy... I don't know, it's weird to explain, but it irked me.

I don't know about asking the homeless dude for a slice though. Yeah he'll probably be in a giving mood, but doesn't he kind of need those slices? The message should just be to help people in need, right? For the video, this one seemed a little rushed, and it sounded like he kinda made it out to be more than it was.

As for the social experiments... Ehhhh, I'd rather leave that up to professionals for that kind of thing. I like the message, but I felt this video didn't quite catch it IMHO.
    Last edited by Dreamline; 07-09-2014 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Somehow I double-posted without double-posting. Magic!
    "There are times when all the world's asleep,
    The questions run too deep
    For such a simple man.
    Won't you please, please tell me what we've learned
    I know it sounds absurd
    But please tell me who I am."

Supertramp - The Logical Song

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    I agree entirely with Dreamline. Also, I noticed what you're saying about how he approached them as well, to put it simply he came off as a dick looking to pull a prank on someone.

Weasyl
    Hewge
    I wouldn't give that kid pizza either. But I would give that man some pizza!
    To be honest, if people were given FREE pizza, I think anyone would be more willing to share it, as opposed to if they bought it with their own earned $$

Still a neat message though, I guess. My thought process wasn't changed whatsoever. :P

Change in behaviour and locale when asking for the slice of pizza negate the validity of the social experiment right off the bat.
    It's a pretty video, I get it, homeless man gives from what little he's got and they're the true "heroes" or something.
    The guy ruins it though, and the film wants to be far more than it is.