Page 41 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    Shark Bones
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleu View Post
    Oh so you just don't like anime therefore it's a bad game. ok
    No, I don't like incredibly poorly designed and written anime, therefore it's a bad game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanagrooboy View Post
    This is why I could never get into the KH series. The anime elements were so overly cheesy it hurt. It's a good game to watch if you're busier looking over the rather nice environment design, and listening to the soundtrack, but for me that was about all I liked.
    Yeah, the plot and character designs are super cheese haha. The sad thing is, the story is definitely the kind of melodramatic thing I would have been super into when I was thirteen (when the game came out). Whenever there's a cut scene, my husband and I snigger at how bad it is, omg. Of course, the story's not actually bad enough that I don't enjoy the game; for me, story always takes a backseat to gameplay itself. That's not the case for everyone, and I respect that.

I'm sadly not a fan of the soundtrack. Other than a few tracks (like "Dearly Beloved"), I dislike the stage music in this game. And like LucyBones pointed out, I find that the controls are kinda frustrating. Gameplay is not difficult or challenging, but it's definitely not intuitive. I keep thinking "why would you design [x] like this?" while I play. Of course, once I got the hang of the controls, the game became a lot easier and more fun to play. The only other con I can think of are the spaceship "levels"--even at this late in the game, I can't avoid them entirely. I hate them so much. *cries*

Other than that, I'm having a lot of fun playing the game. The game isn't quite as challenging as I would like, but it also doesn't hold my hand when it comes to puzzle solving, battle strategy, or exploration. There's a lot to explore and unlock, which is always my favorite part of gameplay. I plan to replay it on a harder difficulty mode now that I know how all the controls work, and I'll probably pick up the sequel too. (For anyone wondering why I'm playing decade-old games, I recently picked up a PS2 for free.)

Weasyl
    Shark Bones
    If you're going to mix Disney and anime, fine, that's a good idea that could be done well.

BUT THAT'S WHAT STUDIO GHIBLI IS FOR.

Square Enix are fucking horrible designers and writers. They haven't created a story worth paying attention to since Final Fantasy 9.

HAWKEN.
    I think it's pretty good. Excellent graphics, solid gameplay and marvelous designs.
    Been following and playing this game since the Alpha testing. It has come a loooong way from there.

Weasyl
    RMC
    Just finished Mother/Earthbound Zero for the first time. Mind you, I had to patch the living hell out of it to really enjoy it, but it was fun, non the less.

Weasyl
    sassySloth
    I play World of Tanks with my friends sometimes. So fun.
    Watch me swooce right in.

Weasyl
    Shark Bones
    Sonic Generations.

Gotta go fast.

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    There is a game called Rogue Galaxy that has what you describe Xopachi

Weasyl
    Monster Tamer Billy
    Shin Megami Tensei IV. bRing oUT YoUr ị̛̹͎͕̞̪ͤ̂͞͠n͙ͧͮ͐́̀͟ņ̰͈͕̟͖̖̾͢ḛ̷̭̺͓̗ͫͬ̑́̚̕ŗͧ̆ͤ̅̚ ̢͍̳͎̹͈ ̷̛͇̰̳͇̜͍͕ͤ͌̑ͭ͊̃̀ḓ͆͒̐ͣ̓̂͐̅e̗͈̫̳̳̍ͬ̏͑̅̾̊̓̕ͅmͭͦ̃̀͊ͩͭ ̲̬̻o̸̟͕̜̠̪̙͓̙̽̏͜ņ̨̙̖̔ͦ͐͠

Weasyl
    N/A
    Currently playing uninstall-Steam-and-get-rid-of-this-fucking-xbox-somehow >:I