Page 2 of 94 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    AtomiKamikaze

Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomiKamikaze View Post
    I decided instead of going new, I went retro.
    Hell yeah.
    I go retro all the time. Feels good man.

What difference does the year even make? Good games last, bad ones are surpassed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiz View Post
    There is, but that thread has not had a reply on it for a month or so now, so it's alright to make a new thread about it for now.
    Wouldn't it make more sense to encourage people to post in existing threads instead of having a dozen with the same intent?
    If you say "plz" because it's shorter than "please," I'll say "no" because it's shorter than "yes."

Weasyl
    Franpaccio
    Ohhh YES! I'm waiting for the DLC on PS3 'cause my PC is not powerful enough to run it.
    Dark Souls is possibly the best game in the last 2 console generations!

Weasyl
    oly
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    Ohhh YES! I'm waiting for the DLC on PS3 'cause my PC is not powerful enough to run it.
    Dark Souls is possibly the best game in the last 2 console generations!
    It is VERY good! Quite addictive. I haven't started on the DLC yet, probably gonna do the main game(or most of it at least) first.
    Still in Undead Burg because i wanted to kill that bloody Black Knight down in that alleyway, finally managed to do it after like 20 tries last night! Now... to try and kill the drake or not... :U

Dark Souls is far too hard in my opinion. I am not sure what I consider the best game of this generation, but it would probably be something much more accessible to a wider audience than that. If I had to pick, either Minecraft or LittleBigPlanet2 given that both focus on the expression of others through creation.

I still prefer the 6th generation's library. Even Nintendo's games have taken on the shade of current gaming in recent years. Skyward Sword was an utter disappointment compared to the twi 3D Zeldas released last generation and the PS2 probably had the largest gaming library of any generation. The only console which has a substantial library from this generation is my DS.

Edit: While I personally do not think Dark Souls is designed well at all purely for its difficulty, I'm not attempting to insult the people who do enjoy it. My cousin's favorite game is Demon's Souls and I don't have any issues with him. However, a friend of mine wrote a blog post on her opinion of really hard games that I tend to agree with. However, this is probably mostly from the perspective of people who are not competitive gamers. http://www.drop-d.ie/gaming-with-tak...-extreme/26705
    Last edited by Kazekai; 09-14-2012 at 03:25 PM.
    If you say "plz" because it's shorter than "please," I'll say "no" because it's shorter than "yes."

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #17

Weasyl
    Fiz
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazekai View Post
    Wouldn't it make more sense to encourage people to post in existing threads instead of having a dozen with the same intent?
    I do agree with you, really. Though, multiple instances of similar threads are going to happen, and sometimes threads just die off and another thread of the same type takes its place. While we would rather have people use active threads that already exist, if it has been abandoned it's okay to make a new one.

However right now we're getting an auto-lock feature to work for older threads that have not had any posts on it within a certain timespan. This will make it easier for users to know when it's okay for them to remake a thread.

To keep on topic, been playing a lot of Minecraft lately. Just kind of an idle thing to do while socializing with friends. Still popping into LaTale once and while for the same sort of purpose.

Been wanting to pick up Skyrim again though, but no time. :c

Weasyl
    oly
    Well I'm still at the beginning of DS so i can't say what it's like on the later/harder levels, but what I like about it is that while it's really hard, there's always some solution to every challenge, no matter your play style or character build. You can even play the whole game through without leveling up, if you're good enough at dodging, blocking and parrying.

I tend to avoid claiming anything as the objectively best anything of [timespan goes here]. Because it's all down to taste. I think Cuddlemonster by The Sawtooth Grin is one of the most well crafted and amazing records I've ever heard, but to most people it's annoying blasts of awful noise with some guy screeching over it.

back to DS though, I've heard the director of the game is strongly considering adding an easy mode to make it more accessible to more casual/less difficulty-seeking gamers. A lot of the hardcore crowd seems to disagree but i think it's a great decision. Not everyone enjoys having to battle through the same 6 or 7 minutes of gameplay for an hour and a half before they finally get it just right and progress. I've been on Undead Burg for probably about four hours in total; granted a good chunk of that is from trying to beat an enemy that is entirely optional.

I personally enjoy being neither 'casual' or 'hardcore' about gaming; sometimes i want to just veg out on Minecraft for a few hours and build a giant house or something, sometimes I want to grind on a super hard game trying to beat one thing for hours on end. It would be really frustrating though if either option didn't exist. But I wouldn't trade my Dark Souls or Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts for anything, nor would i trade out my Minecraft or Bit Trip Runner or Final Fantasy 6/7/8.

Guild Wars 2
    Sims 3 - All Expansions/Stuff Packs BUT World Adventure & Katty Perry: Sweet Treats
    Skyrim

Edit: While I personally do not think Dark Souls is designed well at all purely for its difficulty, I'm not attempting to insult the people who do enjoy it. My cousin's favorite game is Demon's Souls and I don't have any issues with him. However, a friend of mine wrote a blog post on her opinion of really hard games that I tend to agree with. However, this is probably mostly from the perspective of people who are not competitive gamers. http://www.drop-d.ie/gaming-with-tak...-extreme/26705
    That's not really the right word. 'Competitive gamers' is used to describe people who like to play games in competitive or cooperative environments against other players in multilayer games, like COD or TF2. Dark Souls is definitely a Core Game, but like most Core Games your taste can vary.

I'm not exactly a fan of the blog post; it's poorly written and doesn't seem to be strongly conveying its point. Granted I can agree on all the things mentioned about Super Meat boy but their definition of fun is pretty narrow-minded; not all games are designed so that they hold your hand and help you progress, most that exist test your thinking abilities and your skills (reaction time) etc. Your reward for doing good is obviously progression. I find it pretty odd how they mention Mario as being an easy game when the NES titles were a notorious representation of a game where you often needed repetition and memorization during the later stages of the game.

I've heard the director of the game is strongly considering adding an easy mode to make it more accessible to more casual/less difficulty-seeking gamers. A lot of the hardcore crowd seems to disagree but i think it's a great decision. Not everyone enjoys having to battle through the same 6 or 7 minutes of gameplay for an hour and a half before they finally get it just right and progress. I've been on Undead Burg for probably about four hours in total; granted a good chunk of that is from trying to beat an enemy that is entirely optional.
    That's not likely because the difficulty is the main core mechanic of the game. The team's refused to allow you to be able to coop with friends faster so I don't think they plan on changing anything else. In all honesty the game's areas are not that large and the entire game isn't that big at all, if the game was made more easier you could probably finish it in less than 4-6 hours, it's that short. The game is made lengthier through repetitious gameplay - getting the sequence right and understanding more about the game's mechanics.
    -
    Only a week to go before Borderlands 2.