Page 34 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    Bliss.in.Oblivion
    Quote Originally Posted by Infestissumam View Post
    It is. A lot of people say LttP is one of the best games in the series, and while I don't agree, it's definitely up there and fairly different than the other games.
    Yesss <: I have heard many good things about it and I played to the first battle with Aghanim before the emulator crashed without saving. My one big problem with it is that a bunch of the dungeons and bosses seem a little more damage-oriented instead of puzzle oriented like the rest of the games are. :c And the monsters are really hard to beat because they do lots of damage, not entirely because you have to figure out how to beat them. Other than that it seems absolutely amazing <:

Weasyl
    Rico
    Skyrim. My current mods are Play as a Bard, EXP for smelting, cooking, and tanning, followers don't have friendly fire/aren't affected by it, dragons drop better loot (usually an enchanted weapon), and some misc recipe mods, including cutting the weight of potions. Also, skeleton key.
    Most of the stuff just makes Skyrim not so much...easier? But a lot less irritating. I try not to add gamebreaking mods, just ones that improve the overall experience and cut down on frustration. I'm a casual gamer in many ways so the "challenge" of leaving a dungeon to go buy more lockpicks and drop all my potions is more irritating than realistic.
    avatar is by me forgetting to change this

Weasyl
    Bliss.in.Oblivion
    Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    That's how Zelda was before it went 3D.
    Yeah. I mean, I like the originals for what they were, but I'm much more fond of the puzzle-type stuff that came after OoT :s I'm sorry for my blasphemous words :c

Weasyl
    Onnes
    Starbound and XCOM: Enemy Within. I do hope the next XCOM offering is an actual new game, since Firaxis seems to have learned a good bit since they put out Enemy Unknown and it would be nice to see a complete refresh on missions, mechanics, and most of all the interface.

Weasyl
    Infestissumam
    stepping on the crowtche owf your americain presidaint
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissfulOblivion View Post
    Yeah. I mean, I like the originals for what they were, but I'm much more fond of the puzzle-type stuff that came after OoT :s I'm sorry for my blasphemous words :c
    I felt the bosses were definitely more damage-oriented, but in terms of common enemies, combat was focused on much more in the 3D games. Other than that, I like the 2D games for their sense of being a survivalist all alone, whereas in most of the 3D games Link has a best friend every ten feet.

Mixing more Starbound (hit the X sector, progressing pretty nicely) with some Sly Collection on the PS3. Sort of gave up on the first game and just started the second today, and I'm sort of beating myself up for not playing it earlier. Making me excited for the third one on disc, and then the fourth that I'll have to go out and find.

Man, the PS1/2 were home to some kickass franchises.

Weasyl
    Pine
    I found a browser game tribute of Attack on Titan.

http://fenglee.com/game/aog/

You choose your character from the show (each has their own special move), use 3D maneuvering devices, and kill titans.
    Pretty flippin' sweet.

Weasyl
    Bliss.in.Oblivion
    Quote Originally Posted by Infestissumam View Post
    I felt the bosses were definitely more damage-oriented, but in terms of common enemies, combat was focused on much more in the 3D games. Other than that, I like the 2D games for their sense of being a survivalist all alone, whereas in most of the 3D games Link has a best friend every ten feet.
    This is true :u That's one of the things I've noticed. And that the games become muuuuch more structured after OoT. You can mess around and do the temples out of order in OoT to an extent, but after that they become very linear. Although I honestly don't really have a preference either way on any of the games because of that.
    And yeah, combat becomes more focused on in the 3D games with common enemies, but you can swing your sword in more than one way and you have to use items to beat certain enemies. So that makes it better to me. <: Dunno bout you guys though.

Ahhh--obsessed with TERA again after going on a hiatus from it for a few months. I got a new computer with a much better graphics card so I can play in visual bliss! I am very excited. ^^

I'm really looking forward to Theif, Watchdogs and Infamous: Second Son to play on my PS4! My poor PS4 has been collecting dust... I want to use it so bad!

Weasyl
    Rain-Wizard
    Wind Waker HD looks glorious ;-;
    "Disciple of the cross and champion in the suffering, immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption. Harden your mind through the chains of the divine; Make way for the shepherd of fire"