Page 68 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Batty Krueger View Post
    Im not quite to sure what to think of this, being a diehard Battlefield fan. Ive tried the beta at a friends and it just a reskinned bf4 side project from the looks of it. I'd be more into it, but from what I've read its MP only and they are gunna be charging 60 bucks for the game. No thank you. Ive already payed 60 for BF4 and 50 for the premium package. If they wanna charge 60 for a reskined game then no, just...no.
    This pretty much summarizes my thought of the hardline. (except I haven't bought bf4)
    It looks nothing more than a reskin of bf4, which looks just like bf3 but with buildings that can be destroyed.
    Not to mention how hilarious the setup was: 32+ terrorists stop a cash delivery van with helicopters, miniguns, thousands of explosives with a perfect plan that involved destroying half the city, and as the guys to stop them, the police was armed to the teeth and blasting away with zero regard to additional damages to civilian property.

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCoffeecup View Post
    Watchdogs..I've been slacking with the campaign, so I've been chugging that down lately.
    Holy crap it's got some serious Deadmau5 fanboyism and missions that drive you insane with their bad autosaves and whatnot.
    I really don't like the protagonist of Watch_Dogs. He's on an epic quest to stroke his revenge boner and doesn't care who might be put in danger in the process, even his own family. There's kind of a whole Walter White-like feeling about him, but the game doesn't provide those moments to reflect on what a jerk he's being like Breaking Bad did.

To be fair, though, I haven't finished the final missions yet, so it may still catch up to him.
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

Quote Originally Posted by piņardilla View Post
    I really don't like the protagonist of Watch_Dogs. He's on an epic quest to stroke his revenge boner and doesn't care who might be put in danger in the process, even his own family. There's kind of a whole Walter White-like feeling about him, but the game doesn't provide those moments to reflect on what a jerk he's being like Breaking Bad did.

To be fair, though, I haven't finished the final missions yet, so it may still catch up to him.
    It certainly got more tense in the end I think, but the ending is just so impeccably "meh".
    Gotta agree, I don't think the mission designer/writer ever really stopped to think how many people Aiden kills. I find it laughable that in one of those criminal convoys he starts with his monoloque "These guys are going to kill a person here. I'm going to stop them, it's not right" and then proceeds to kill everyone in those cars and in other missions. There were times when I wished he would just point his gun at himself and pull the trigger for being so stupid.

Not to mention how you work half the game trying to inflitrate Iraq's camp only to go in guns blazing later

It was still an enjoyable game though, it just fails so hard in telling an emotional story.

Weasyl
    Batty Krueger
    Someone was telling me watch dogs was a flop, is there any truth in that?

Graphics wise it was a major letdown, not nearly as good as in the e3 2012demo.
    That and some bugs aside it is an enjoyable game, and if someone says it was the worst game they had played, they're lying outta their ass.

On topic, I spent the past few hours as a teamleader in Red Orchetra 2. I had been dropping arty with excellent precision, and that eventually led to a funny situation.
    Frost: Oreo, you are a God. (Steam name is currently Omnipotent Oreo)
    Me: Goa could you stop that intentional teamkilling?
    Frost: YOUR GOD HAS SPOKEN GOA, DO AS HE SAYS.
    Frost: IF YOU CHOOSE NOT TO HE WILL SMITE YOU WITH HIS ARTILERRY

Seems to me I've got that leader role well under control. I had never seen this guy before tonight!

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    It's a competent GTA clone and the hacking mechanics make for some genuinely fun car chases.

Like most AAA titles it's pretty easy, though. Your aimng crosshair doesn't move when you peek out of cover, so it's super-easy to line up pistol snipes and then peek out to take the shot. Then other guys will then walk over like idiots to investigate the body so you can drop them too. The Spec Ops 1911 will carry you through nearly the entire game this way. There's also stuff that will explode when hacked pretty much everywhere, and you can craft lures to draw enemies to them or just make your own explosives. The enemies also have a pitiful sight range for the stealth parts, sometimes not even being able to see beyond halfway across a room.
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

I've been playing Skullgirls Encore.
    Loving it.
    I am a terrible player when it comes to fighting games, I either try to go too tacticool (and fail the buttons) or buttonmash. Both end up the same, defeat.
    Looking at the bright side, I can only improve, and with an artsy fartsy game like this to teach me the ropes of fighters, I may be on the brink of opening a new genre for me to explore

Weasyl
    One_Classy_Dragon
    I have been playing Braid lately.

The puzzles in that game are clever at times. Every world so far has its own little gimmick to throw at you.. Plus, the time warp ability can save you a lot of (excuse the pun) time in the game for every moment you make a mistake.

The only really annoying thing is that you may get stuck on some levels where the answer is tied to an unfairly hidden object (I have spent almost half an hour on one puzzle only to figure out that you had to pull a lever which was located in another location "away" from the location of the puzzle I was on).
    Ellezard: Oh look professor, a puzzle.
    A_M_C_D: Hey, that puzzle reminds me of a puzzle.
    Ellezard: Which is related to a puzzle about a puzzle.
    A_M_C_D: In which that puzzle is the answer to the puzzle related to a puzzle about a puzzle.
    Ellezard: Puzzleception.

Dark Souls.
    I love the difficulty of combat, but the much appraised bosses are quite bullshitty. It's nothing but avoiding damage behind a puny shield and hitting someone much larger than you with a sword repeatedly.
    I expected more cinematic fights with proper planning and execution, like cutting off legs from multi-legged creatures or cutting off a wrist with a timed counterattack. Bosses with broken hitboxes for attacks is quite a no-no, in addition to unavoidable deaths.
    For example: A giant spiderchaos queen queelag comes at you, leaps on you, spits lava on your fallen body so while you are getting up, you'll either burn to death, or are unable to get out the way of another two more lava attacks, and I'm not talking about the standard jump and spit attack which is fairly easy to avoid.

With the broken summoning system you're tied to fighting them alone, or with an AI who'll cause the boss to have more HP and then die to the boss' first attack.
    With another human on the other hand, it'd be marvelous and I'd feel comfortable. Currently you can waste all the rare humanity you've acquired to failed summons.

I want to like this game, but it's making it really hard. I can't say I love the bonfire system either. A total lack of any help is extremely annoying as well, and after running about for 10h without nothing to advance the story it feels really thin or shoved at the end of the game.

I'll be getting DS2 later though, as I hope it has fixed numerous issues with hitboxes and multiplayer

Weasyl
    sassySloth
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCoffeecup View Post
    I'll be getting DS2 later though, as I hope it has fixed numerous issues with hitboxes and multiplayer
    I found the multiplayer VERY much improved in the sequel. I could never get a summon in the first game, even in Sunbro Mode. But in the sequel it's usually only a minute or two wait, depending on where in the world you are.

I never really felt the hitbox problem you talk about. I felt they were well implemented. At least, I could regularly dodge a given attack. I guess the key is making sure you don't have to block the attack in the first place. Gotta nail that dodge timing so you can avoid hit stun.

As for story Dark Souls I gives you almost none of it. It requires a little digging and reading between the lines. The lore is really very cool if you give it a look. But if you follow the story as presented it is very bare bones. Make of that what you will. I love the lore of both games.
    Watch me swooce right in.