Page 30 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    Ween
    Loved the Bravely Default demo and I'm looking forward to getting the final version.

In the meantime, Spelunky is taking up a lot of my time. Can fairly reliably pull off Olmec wins in the daily challenges at this point.

Weasyl
    Bliss.in.Oblivion
    Quote Originally Posted by Ween View Post
    Loved the Bravely Default demo and I'm looking forward to getting the final version.
    Ooh! I just found that and I'm going to try it! How was it??

Weasyl
    Ween
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissfulOblivion View Post
    Ooh! I just found that and I'm going to try it! How was it??
    It's really good! They actually give you an entire area separate from the retail version of the game to play around in, and you have a handful of quests to do and a bunch of tough bosses to beat up. It's a good 6-10 hours worth of content right there.

You don't get to bring your characters from the demo into the actual game, since the demo uses special reader's digest versions of the classes, but you can unlock "play bonuses" by doing the quests which will give you a a few things to kit your guys out with at the start of the game.

It does a lot of things right that a lot of RPGs should steal shamelessly from. You can change encounter frequency right from the settings menu, you can fast-forward through fights. It's all just so nice and thoughtful!

Weasyl
    Bliss.in.Oblivion
    Quote Originally Posted by Ween View Post
    It's really good! They actually give you an entire area separate from the retail version of the game to play around in, and you have a handful of quests to do and a bunch of tough bosses to beat up. It's a good 6-10 hours worth of content right there.

You don't get to bring your characters from the demo into the actual game, since the demo uses special reader's digest versions of the classes, but you can unlock "play bonuses" by doing the quests which will give you a a few things to kit your guys out with at the start of the game.

It does a lot of things right that a lot of RPGs should steal shamelessly from. You can change encounter frequency right from the settings menu, you can fast-forward through fights. It's all just so nice and thoughtful!
    Woooooooow really?!?!?! That's awesome! I most definitely have to try it, then!

Aww, that's disappointing. It still sounds cool! and it doesn't look like tit's coming out very soon, so you have time to reset it in your mind before you get the real thing :P

Weasyl
    Ween
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissfulOblivion View Post
    Woooooooow really?!?!?! That's awesome! I most definitely have to try it, then!

Aww, that's disappointing. It still sounds cool! and it doesn't look like tit's coming out very soon, so you have time to reset it in your mind before you get the real thing
    Pretty much. Besides, it's a demo, free to download, so you've got absolutely nothing to lose by grabbing it. You won't regret it!

Weasyl
    Infestissumam
    stepping on the crowtche owf your americain presidaint
    Finally some other fans of Bravely Default on here.

As you fellows can see I have also played the demo.

Weasyl
    Ween

Weasyl
    Dio.ne
    Anyone else playing War Thunder at all?

Weasyl
    Infestissumam
    stepping on the crowtche owf your americain presidaint
    But how to waste time in a medium designed to waste time???

Weasyl
    Bliss.in.Oblivion
    Quote Originally Posted by Infestissumam View Post
    But how to waste time in a medium designed to waste time???
    Cut grass.

And exploit tiny, stupid glitches.
    Like backflipping onto opened treasure chests and giggling about how you're technically floating just above the empty part of the chest instead of on the edge or in the chest.