Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Weasyl
    Gamedog
    Quote Originally Posted by Infestissumam View Post
    Second-hand smoke is annoying as fuck. That's all I really think of it. Arguments I've heard for my point is "just ignore it". Very nice.
    I hate when people tell me to "just ignore it". Yesss, I will. Good idea! I will ignore the smoke and the feeling of an elephant sitting on my chest.

Weasyl
    Ratte
    I find that secondhand smoke aggravates currently-existing conditions like COPD and asthma, but doesn't really cause complications by itself from what I've seen, though I'm sure there are incidences saying otherwise. It's gross and annoying, though, so I like it if smokers go elsewhere to smoke so I don't have to smell it. Been around smokers all my life growing up but the smell makes me feel physically sick despite it.

Weasyl
    TealMoon

Weasyl
    Tiido
    Cigarette smoke induces poisoning like symptoms in me. I will feel sick and soon enough get a terrible headache, swelling in my nose and a little later vomiting.

It's full of poisons so I wouldn't be surprised of some were more sensitive to them than others.
    Normal cigs got me nauseous and feel like shit.
    In came cigarillos and all is well.

I hate secondhand smoke, so I usually go to a distant place to smoke alone to chill and not annoy anyone. Mostly just to chill though.

It's all a conspiracy man

Weasyl
    Torrijos_sama
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    I'm aware of his educated past. Still, it doesn't matter if he was the smartest man of science in history, the picture they used on the billboard only shows him in the way they wanted him to be shown to those who don't bother to do their own research, a decrepit killer. The truth never seems to matter anyway, it's only perception that matters in this world. Heartland knows that.
    The problem with the organization, like many Conservative grassroots/Christian organizations is that they have a martyr complex.
    Any disagreement lodged in logic or reason is viewed by them as an attack on them that they can spin to portray themselves as being the victimized defenders of truth in a mean, and ugly world.

Personally, with groups with a martyr complex, the greatest thing that can be done is to give them a real reason to feel victimized, but do so with a smaller group of people that can spin any accusations on their side in the same light to garner support for itself. For this reason, I feel that the best support base in this case for an organization attacking the Heartland Institute would be Lyndon LaRouche supporters, Infowarriors, or the David Icke Reptilian NWO theorists.

Weasyl
    avan_kaira
    As someone with chronic respiratory problems, smokers smoking.. well, its not a pleasant experience.

At least barbeques tend to be confined to people's back yards, so I can usually seal off the house or take a detour to avoid the smoke since you can smell it from pretty far off. Smokers though are a mobile source. And more often then not tend to park themselves in places where its hard to get around without colliding with their emissions.

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    Quote Originally Posted by Torrijos_sama View Post
    The problem with the organization, like many Conservative grassroots/Christian organizations is that they have a martyr complex.
    Any disagreement lodged in logic or reason is viewed by them as an attack on them that they can spin to portray themselves as being the victimized defenders of truth in a mean, and ugly world.
    No, the problem is that they are literally mercenary scientists that will produce a study that says whatever you want it to say for the right price.
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

Weasyl
    Batty Krueger
    Ugh. Ever since I quit smoking just the smell irritates the hell outta me. But what do I do when someone is smoking near me? I just go upwind. Or leave the area in general. Second hand smoke in general, im not to sure. But I know now after a year off the stick that it smells disgusting, and I smoked those nasty things for about 14 years before I started vaping which is a whole other issue in itself.