Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Horror Movies

Night of the Lepus and Slugs might also be worth watching if you want pure schlock in your horror.

Lepus is about giant rabbits terrorizing a rural town (obscenely huge rabbits that eat people), while Slugs is based on a book about slugs mutated to have acidic slime and razor-sharp teeth that develop a taste for flesh.

Seriously, these two home gardeners are working in their attached greenhouse and there's a slug in one of their gloves. They can't get it off, start freaking out, smashing things while panicking, and the house blows up completely. Another woman makes a salad for her husband, not realizing there's a slug in it, and he eats it. Later at a restaurant, he starts screaming and jerking about, falls on the floor while his head melts in a pretty freaky display.

There's also some old film about giant roaches, but I can't remember the name.
    Sega does what Nintendon't.

Weasyl
    valycenegative
    On the topic of flesh-eating monster-animals b-movies, there's also Zombeavers (pretty straightforward title) which is actually farily recent, Hyenas (which is about women trasnforming onto hyenas pretty much like lycanthropes do), and a plethora of wolfman movies. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Valery91Thunder View Post
    Hyenas (which is about women trasnforming onto hyenas pretty much like lycanthropes do)
    I actually own this.

Also, don't see Dark Wolf. It's horrible. A girl I knew way back in high school saw it and warned me about how they literally hired an ass stunt double for the title character so the butt shots of him wouldn't be morbidly obese. And the film is just trashy in a bad way.

Oh, and they're getting around to releasing some truly schlocky classics on Blu-ray, such as Death Spa and Death Bed: The Bed That Eats (Bed is a true winner from 1974).

Weasyl
    sassySloth
    Watch me swooce right in.

Quote Originally Posted by muzykalscorpio View Post
    And in that same "mixed horror something else" respect, Hot Fuzz is weirdly there.
    The film about bobbies being badass? How is that even remotely horror related? Shaun of the Dead can be listed in the Horror category because it's a zombie apocalypse film, even if it lampoons them, but Hot Fuzz is an action-comedy.

Weasyl
    sassySloth
    Quote Originally Posted by muzykalscorpio View Post
    Cabin in the Woods was just such an exceptional "horror" movie, I wanna mention it.
    It was probably the best deconstruction of any genre in recent memory. It was able to be scary while pointing out how stupid the tropes of the genre truly are.

Best thing about CITW (aside from the ridiculous number of monsters) was the ending. It actually worked perfect and made sense, given how Super Bowl-like things became for the organization that's supposed to be doing a horrible-if-necessary act.

Film was incredibly good, enough so that its flaws can easily be overlooked.

Weasyl
    Batty Krueger
    Just got finished watching "Never Sleep Again". A documentary about all of the original Nightmare on Elm Street movies. 4 hours of awesome.

Weasyl
    sassySloth
    Quote Originally Posted by Batty Krueger View Post
    Just got finished watching "Never Sleep Again". A documentary about all of the original Nightmare on Elm Street movies. 4 hours of awesome.
    Ooh that sound cool. Those movies horrified me when I was little. It's genius because Freddy can get you when you sleep but everyone has to sleep. You can't run!