Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Horror Movies

Weasyl
    sassySloth
    I recently watched a cool Cantonese horror movie called Re-Cycle. It's sort of like Alice in Wonderland meets Silent Hill. There were some good scares and really unsettling concepts, but it wasn't the best movie ever. I can recommend it. C+
    Watch me swooce right in.

Weasyl
    Batty Krueger
    The blood and icecream trilogy for shizzles. Fo those not in the know...

1.Shaun of the Dead
    2.Hot Fuzz
    3.The Worlds End

Weasyl
    sassySloth
    Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    I wanna see Deliver Us from Evil or whatever it was called.
    Same. I really like Scott Derrickson. The Exorcism of Emily Rose was cool and Sinister really surprised me.
    Watch me swooce right in.

The only horror movie I particularly care for is John Carpenter's The Thing. The monster is truly terrifying and grotesque. They did a better job making a scary monster with the special effects at the time then any modern movie has managed to do with all of the computer graphics and whatnot that they have now in my opinion. I also love how when they showed the movie to test audiences the audiences complained that the movie made them feel nauseous and John Carpenter responded to this by changing absolutely nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Batty Krueger View Post
    The blood and icecream trilogy for shizzles. Fo those not in the know...

1.Shaun of the Dead
    2.Hot Fuzz
    3.The Worlds End
    But these are all comedy films rather than horror :/
    Great actor duo though, they make good films.

My fave horror film is probably Event Horizon.
    It's sci-fi, not exactly a jumpscare film and it's overall decent.
    Libera tuteme ex inferis

Weasyl
    milestfbaxxter
    I saw The Fly with Jeff Goldblum not too long ago. A great body horror movie. Surprisingly low-key, which make the disturbing parts, well, more disturbing!

Weasyl
    willy
    I couldn't sleep after I watched Sharknado :v

In all seriousness, I used to not really be able to watch horror movies either but now I will on occasion. Though I can't say I really care much for most slasher films. I prefer ones that focus more on how the situation affects the characters psychologically whether it be completely mental or there's some entity. Also monsters can be cool sometimes.

Weasyl
    valycenegative
    The thing with horror movies is that I like them clumsy, over the top and funny as hell. So, if you're inviting me to see a trashy 80's low-budget splatter movie, I'm sooo into that! xD
    Evil Dead, Brain Dead, Army Of Darkness, Waxworks, Reanimator, Monster Dog, the list goes on an on. If I have to watch a movie it has bettr to entertain me with a laugh, dramatic/sad stuff isn't for me. xP

Quote Originally Posted by Valery91Thunder View Post
    The thing with horror movies is that I like them clumsy, over the top and funny as hell. So, if you're inviting me to see a trashy 80's low-budget splatter movie, I'm sooo into that! xD
    Evil Dead, Brain Dead, Army Of Darkness, Waxworks, Reanimator, Monster Dog, the list goes on an on. If I have to watch a movie it has bettr to entertain me with a laugh, dramatic/sad stuff isn't for me. xP
    Then these two should land in your alley.

Food of the Gods (basically giant rats attack people in a cabin after eating superfood)
    Frogs, a movie where the actors are killed by their own stupidity while frogs are watching.

Weasyl
    valycenegative
    I'll be sure to check those out! .o.
    For a moment, considering the almost similar plot, I thought Food of the Gods was an alternative title for Rats: Night of Terror xP