Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    Zeitzbach
    I upload it so that people will know that my OCs exist.

Pretty much sharing what I love.

I do feel sad once in awhile where the piece I dedicate my time to doesn't get much fav or comments but then again, just me trying my best and sharing the fruits of my effort was what I was aiming for to begin with. If I really wanted recognition, I would have shared everything to over 20+ groups by now.

It does annoy me though when someone comments on how my design feels too fantasy or isn't "real" enough for them. It's already a freaking anthro drawing in a fantasy world ffs. Don't limit my creativity :I

Weasyl
    Recel
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeitzbach View Post
    It does annoy me though when someone comments on how my design feels too fantasy or isn't "real" enough for them. It's already a freaking anthro drawing in a fantasy world ffs. Don't limit my creativity :I
    Yeah, that kind of comment. I didn't get any online, but in real life. Seems like a lot of people can only stick to, or like things that are "real" or "realistic".
    I find it kind of a narrow view on art. I mean, you can bring anything on the paper, anything! So why would you limit your self with things that already exist or or perfectly logical, when you could create weird, wild worlds, creatures and situations no one ever saw instead?

Weasyl
    Ruggy
    A lot of it's seeking community. A big part of the reason I started drawing with the aim to improve was to have something to do with my friends. Hell, the biggest reason I found and started drawing furry art was because my friends were (though with my interests, it probably still would've happened eventually, even without my friends doing it first.)

I love it when comments are left on my pictures. Especially if they're responding to something specific about the picture - the theme, the technique, a question, &etc. I still love seeing "nice picture!" but I really love getting something more specific back to engage with. "Ooh how did you do ___?" excites me because it gives me a chance to talk about art with someone.

That, and there's some accountability. If I'm drawing something just for me, that only I'm going to see, it's not finished anywhere near as fast and may not get done to the degree that it would if I thought someone might see it. It also keeps me a little better about drawing frequently. ("Man, my last upload was from 2 months ago? I gotta get on this.") Though that's kind of a double-edged thing: if genuine life stuff comes up or I'm just out of town for a while, I feel kinda guilty for neglecting my galleries. (As much as I'm sure people are waiting on the edge of their seats to see my furry drawings.)

Having my decent-enough-to-show pictures all up in one place also helps me cut some redundancy. I draw way more than I end up uploading, and if I am relying on my memory (or folders full of saved files) to figure out what I've already done and what I haven't done, I'm not going to remember. If I have all of my decent-enough-to-show pictures up in one place, it's easy to flip through and see what I've already done so I can avoid repeating myself.

But mostly, it's the community aspect. I like talking with folks and getting feedback. :3
    Formerly gorgonops. I do art-type stuff.

Weasyl
    Zeitzbach
    Quote Originally Posted by Recel View Post
    Yeah, that kind of comment. I didn't get any online, but in real life. Seems like a lot of people can only stick to, or like things that are "real" or "realistic".
    I find it kind of a narrow view on art. I mean, you can bring anything on the paper, anything! So why would you limit your self with things that already exist or or perfectly logical, when you could create weird, wild worlds, creatures and situations no one ever saw instead?
    "If I don't like it then you're not allowed to like it either" - Their most used logic when posting that kind of comment. It falls under the same category as "My style is better than yours."

Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    I made a response pic to a specific group of those people. Though I find people only say "is nut reelistic" on my sexual junk. Nevermind I draw robots, spaceships, and yeah anthros.

Oh no no no, Anthros are 100% real. Naked anthros? PErfectly acceptable. Naked with boobs and dicks sticking out? Fav fav fav. Get with the science!

Anthros in a rather skimpy clothing? WTF IS THIS ABORMINATION?
    Last edited by Zeitzbach; 05-15-2014 at 12:48 PM.

Weasyl
    MkLXIV
    Because I want to someday transform my horrid scribbles into something interesting. :U

Weasyl
    Vae
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgonops View Post
    That, and there's some accountability. If I'm drawing something just for me, that only I'm going to see, it's not finished anywhere near as fast and may not get done to the degree that it would if I thought someone might see it.
    This, too.

I really have a tendency to be a lazy POS if I'm just doing something only I will see. My sketchbooks are pretty solid proof of that. Horrible anatomy and half-assed scribbles everywhere.
    Because I am not a driven person, by any stretch of the imagination.

But I don't want to be seen as a "shitty" artist by other people. So it forces me to actually touch up my shit until it's presentable. (Most of the time.)
    Resident Koopa Trash

Weasyl
    Recel
    Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    This, too.

I really have a tendency to be a lazy POS if I'm just doing something only I will see. My sketchbooks are pretty solid proof of that. Horrible anatomy and half-assed scribbles everywhere.
    Because I am not a driven person, by any stretch of the imagination.

But I don't want to be seen as a "shitty" artist by other people. So it forces me to actually touch up my shit until it's presentable. (Most of the time.)
    That feeling can have a negative effect too. At least for me it does.
    It makes me always second guess if I should upload something, thinking way too much about if it's good enough or not. Which makes me not show most of my work at all.

At one point it got so bad, that I scraped most of my sketches and doodles I did every day, because it felt like they are not worth to look at by anyone. It became really hard to draw for my self, which eventually led me to not draw for almost a complete year.

Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    And the thread asks why you choose to upload so that's a rather redundant answer.
    Which does not bother me.

I'v been doing it for over a decade, I know it sounds shallow but I like doing it, kinda like how people like Facebook I guess?

A nice comment is awesome and can really make my day ,and just hiding my stuff for only me won't make me a better artist. I'll just stagnate in place.

But I'm not going hide that I don't want some commercial attention as well, I have spend so much time and money in art I would like to get some commissions someday, so not sharing is a bad idea. Pretty much all my friends do commissions I kinda feel left behind. A career in art seems a far fetched dream, but hey if you aint sharing it'll not happen by 100% ,I'll take that 0.0001% chance anytime !

Weasyl
    Tiido
    I am häppy with what I post, and hope it makes someone else häppy too!
    I do like to receive and answer comments, favs and watches.
    Extra häppy is what I am after