Weasyl
    Whymzee

Suggestion: Gift Notifications

Just a quick idea I had.

Make an option for when you upload a gift art to notify the artist that they have a gift by specifying the username if they're on Weasyl. Maybe it'll send a collection request automatically too.

Yeah?
    Last edited by Whymzee; 05-09-2014 at 05:38 PM. Reason: noticed grammatical error, oopsie

Weasyl
    Zeta-Neubourn
    Isn't that the same as sending a collection request anyway? :U Interesting idea, buuuut I think... that might be a little redundant, seeing as you'd get two messages, rather than just one. ^^;

Weasyl
    Whymzee
    Well, what I mean is... Some people draw fanart or trades and others notice them later, so they ask for collection requests and it's up to the artist to send it to the user.

This idea would add the option to the submission process to submit the collection automatically and perhaps send the user a message that says 'You've been gifted art', then that notice links to their collections to accept the auto-request (like the friends system). The submission page can even specify somewhere under the comments automatically who the gift was for so the viewers can see their page too.

I hope that makes sense. It would just be an automatic thing for definite gifts as opposed to, like, art featuring someone's oc that they want in their collections.

Weasyl
    athdaraxen
    So you mean like, having a place to send do the Collection while submitting it? That could be convenient!
    Last edited by athdaraxen; 02-09-2015 at 02:19 AM.

Weasyl
    Zeta-Neubourn
    That would be pretty convenient to send a collection invite along with submitting the submission. Just as long as it's not automatically accepted into collections or something. That'd make spamming each other pretty easy to do. :v

Quote Originally Posted by athdaraxen View Post
    So you men like
    Mmm, yes, lots of of men I like...
    Sega does what Nintendon't.

Weasyl
    Whymzee
    Thanks for the support. I'm surprised that it wasn't something brought up sooner.