Help needed with label design.

Weasyl
    Antumbra
    Were you looking for feedback on these labels or were you looking for new ideas?

Weasyl
    Hewge
    I like the last one! burnished gold 'n' purple, oh baby.

#useful comments

Weasyl
    Antumbra
    I like the last one the most followed by the second to last one. The first is good, but it doesn't have the pop of the other two. The second is a bit too busy and takes away from the design.

Even though the last is my favorite, I might suggest going with a different background besides the gears. They look cool, but I'm not sure if it fits the theme of soap or inner goddess.

What demographic are you trying to sell these mostly to? That can sometimes help give you ideas as well with fonts and colors. If you want to give a general "clean" feel, colors like mint green and light blue can give that impression.

and are you making the soap from people's body fat, stolen from liposuction clinics? Because that would be awesome.

Quite frankly, our main demographic seems to be Anime/TV/Sci-Fi/Furry/ What have you Conventions, as well as...Head Shops. As it were. Apparently, our Smoke Enders Candles really seem to get the smell out.

The regular black label goes on our main line of soaps. (Such as Rose, Clean Linen, ect.). The gold labels however, are more fandom based, as you can see with the Dr. Who and Warehouse 13 Soap Labels.

And no we aren't making the soap from people's body fat. I get the reference, but every single person I tell about the company ... :p Then again, that profit margin...
    Last edited by TheMysteriousL; 05-22-2014 at 05:59 PM.

Weasyl
    Antumbra
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMysteriousL View Post
    Quite frankly, our main demographic seems to be Anime/TV/Sci-Fi/Furry/ What have you Conventions, as well as...Head Shops. As it were. Apprently, our Smoke Enders Candles really seem to get the smell out.

The regular black label goes on our main line of soaps. (Such as Rose, Clean Linen, ect.). The gold labels however, are more fandom based, as you can see with the Dr. Who and Warehouse 13 Soap Labels.

And no we aren't making the soap from people's body fat. I get the refrence, but every single person I tell about the compamny... :p Then again, that profit margin...
    Damn, I thought I was being somewhat original with the joke

Like the 3rd one the best, it keeps all the attention within the frame rather then vlending. It also has an aura of colours which is more goddess like then the others.

Also, I wonder if you move this to the critique thread if you would get a few more suggestions

Ooh, that would help. Could a mod possibly schooch this over?

Weasyl
    Kanagrooboy
    I'd stick with using the gold label all across the board, and maybe even variants of that "cosmic" background from the Dr. Who themed scent. Those bottom two are your strongest designs with their limited, color-popping palette. The gold and purple combination that runs heavily in both really suits the label and name too. Try sticking with that, and shifting the background color to varied points of purple to hint at the color associated with the scent (such as a violet-red for rose), and even some subtle patterns overlaid onto the starry background to drive it home.