Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #21

Weasyl
    Fiz
    Verbally and mentally fluid, you are refreshing and illuminating to those around you. This is occasionally somewhat discounted by the obvious pleasure that you take in exercising your mental acuity. Although generally peaceful you can often take a verbally aggressive tact in relations with the world, which can often be misunderstood by those around you. Innovative in the extreme, you can often think yourself right out of the correct answer to a given problem. Many times you are referred to as your own worst enemy. You tire very quickly of routine and so make poor clerks or administrative help. You also have no respect for authority and little patience for those you regard as inferior, most especially those in charge. Experimentation is your watchword and can occasionally lead to experience for its own sake and shallow decadence. Your thought can sometimes be scattered and disconnected.
    It's hit and miss for me.

Weasyl
    FibS
    Okay, first off, I'd like to point out that the test is attempting to gauge your personality based on what amount to confused and randomly-selected answers to unintelligible questions.

Secondly...

You reach out to the world and pull in experiences of all forms and kinds. Spontaneous, immediate and active, you have a natural tendency to win, whether this is in the business world or on the freeway. In the right context this can be a positive encouragement to those around you. In the wrong context it can lead to a pathetic display of ego and misplaced pride. You are always on the prowl for clues as to how to win. Usually this behavior is unconscious or playful but the sense of play can rapidly disappear if you are found to be losing in the aforementioned contest. Only those who don’t compete are met with derision. You love to be the center of attention. The moment at hand is always of prime concern. Worries about the future or the past, or abstract discussions of philosophical matters are something for others to concern themselves with. Emotions are fleeting and often used as tactics.
    ... boy did they get that wrong.

You reach out to the world and pull in experiences of all forms and kinds.
    Yeah. So does every single other person on this planet who is not a complete misanthropist, i.e. anyone who would care enough to take your stupid test.

Spontaneous, immediate and active, you have a natural tendency to win, whether this is in the business world or on the freeway.
    I appear spontaneous on the Internet because you don't know I'm there until I say something, and that something is carefully considered, often the product of years of silent scheming. Much of the time I pass right by and say nothing because I do not have a plan for the resulting conversation.

When I do have a plan, it will always go wrong because plans always go wrong. I do not have a tendency to win. I always lose. Every time.

In the right context this can be a positive encouragement to those around you. In the wrong context it can lead to a pathetic display of ego and misplaced pride.
    Conditional personality traits that apply to every person on Earth. Snore.

You are always on the prowl for clues as to how to win.
    ..... so is everyone else who ever attempts to accomplish anything?

Usually this behavior is unconscious or playful but the sense of play can rapidly disappear if you are found to be losing in the aforementioned contest.
    Conditional again.

Now here's the best part.

You love to be the center of attention. The moment at hand is always of prime concern. Worries about the future or the past, or abstract discussions of philosophical matters are something for others to concern themselves with. Emotions are fleeting and often used as tactics.
    I can't stand being the center of attention. I act like a complete asshole when I am the center of attention and absolutely nobody benefits.

I am also extremely artistic and philosophical to the point my entire mindset is formed on only being able to see things artistically and philosophically. This, combined with my worries about the future and the past, are the very reason I am so depressed and easily angered.

So all in all, about as accurate as I expected (read: not at all.)

Weasyl
    sassySloth
    Watch me swooce right in.

Weasyl
    Tipsy

My result
    "Your power comes from an ability to sense how things might be and to proclaim this possibility with a great force and willingness to act. You have a tendency to be romantic, and can be an idealist. This sense of how the world can be is often expressed with self-deprecatory humor. Because of your need to address the immediacy of the moment, you may not think things through to their logical end, relying instead on a feeling for how a situation SHOULD end. You need to be liked and appreciated by others, although your attention often wanders. Sometimes you neglect old friends in favor of a new or exciting acquaintance. You have a real difficulty being alone. Often you will seem to know how to handle a situation without exactly knowing HOW you know this. Your thoughts are often shallow. While in the excitement of the moment you can obsess about a task at hand. If it should become rote and unexciting, however, it can be dropped just as quickly."

I found that very confusing but Interesting. Not much I can relate to from it but the one thing that stood out was the last part that put in Italic.

Weasyl
    Axelshane
    My results were:
    "You are in a perpetual quest to find the new, the exciting. Emotionally volatile, you are known for sudden changes of opinion, of appreciation, and behavior. Following rules and established methods is difficult for you and the difficulties of higher education are usually quite daunting. Knowledge is best gained through an intimate association with the matter at hand. Usually driven by attitudes and desires of the group, you are talented in an established field of endeavor. Emotions come and go without a strong understanding of their causes. They are unexpected guests in an otherwise placid landscape. You live by your own codes of conduct, which can be noble or terrible depending on the individual. Authority is meaningless to you. You hate to be predictable, at all costs. Rarely verbally effusive, you can at times feel as if your feelings are too deep for words. You are very observant, but rarely express these observations to others."

Weasyl
    Tiido
    I did it again just for fun and I got same result as last time lol.

"You need to help others and to be thought of as a generous and kind individual. Often you are taken advantage of and regarded as simply part of the scenery. You work best when handling the work yourself; you do not appreciate a managerial role and tend to be uncomfortable in that position. Friendship is important to you, but it is generated on a personal basis, rarely a professional one. Consequently, family life is very important to you, and is often the most important aspect. Because of a strong sense of propriety however, you will sometimes consider the eccentric behavior of your friends and family as a personal affront. Often you find it difficult to speak up about personal anguish or pain, feeling instead that it is something an individual should bear in silence. Tradition is important to you, and you feel a sense of belonging when operating within the constraints of a predictable routine."
    *I am not taken advantage of, I will catch the attempts and either stop the other person or turn their attempts in my own favor, whichever takes less effort from me.
    *Once I start my own family, yes, that will be important. The family I grew up in I am happy to be away from.
    *Eccentricities of others don't bother me as long as things aren't being destroyed.
    *Traditions aren't too important to me, and predictable routine is something that will drive me nuts eventually. I need variety.

Weasyl
    XyWeasel
    Quote Originally Posted by piñardilla View Post
    I have no idea what the hell was up with that test or how it's supposed to work.
    It's a form of cold reading that uses the Forer effect that literally can apply to anyone if they want it to. It's absolutely possible to deny a Forer statement, though it tends to work amongst large numbers of people more often than not.

This is taken directly from Wikipedia to help illustrate:
    In 1948, psychologist Bertram R. Forer gave a psychology test—his Diagnostic Interest Blank—to a group of his psychology students who were told that they would each receive a brief personality vignette or sketch based on their test results. One week later Forer gave each student a purportedly individualized sketch and asked each of them to rate it on how well it applied. In reality, each student received the same sketch, consisting of the following items:

You have a great need for other people to like and admire you.
    You have a tendency to be critical of yourself.
    You have a great deal of unused capacity which you have not turned to your advantage.
    While you have some personality weaknesses, you are generally able to compensate for them.
    Your sexual adjustment has presented problems for you.
    Disciplined and self-controlled outside, you tend to be worrisome and insecure inside.
    At times you have serious doubts as to whether you have made the right decision or done the right thing.
    You prefer a certain amount of change and variety and become dissatisfied when hemmed in by restrictions and limitations.
    You pride yourself as an independent thinker and do not accept others' statements without satisfactory proof.
    You have found it unwise to be too frank in revealing yourself to others.
    At times you are extroverted, affable, sociable, while at other times you are introverted, wary, reserved.
    Some of your aspirations tend to be pretty unrealistic.
    Security is one of your major goals in life.

On average, the students rated its accuracy as 4.26 on a scale of 0 (very poor) to 5 (excellent). Only after the ratings were turned in was it revealed that each student had received an identical sketch assembled by Forer from a newsstand astrology book. The sketch contains statements that are vague and general enough to apply to most people.

Weasyl
    Umbra.Exe
    Quote Originally Posted by XyWeasel View Post
    It's a form of cold reading that uses the Forer effect that literally can apply to anyone if they want it to. It's absolutely possible to deny a Forer statement, though it tends to work amongst large numbers of people more often than not.
    This is sort of how horoscopes are written, is it not?

Also, for anyone curious about my "result":

You have a poetic sensibility and an ability to see beyond the day to day. You often seem to be living in a higher realm, or to be not-of-this-earth. Occasionally you imagine interior lives for friends and associates that are near-complete fabrications based on your fears or hopes for the future. You are often not aware of your own feelings. You have a strong sense of right and wrong, and because of this are often disappointed. Despite what can sometimes be a destructive inward-turning anger, you are very gentle. You are sometimes a bit out of touch with the ebb and flow of modern life. If your behavior is out of synch with your moral values, a severe psychic disturbance can result. Because connectivity is so important to you, you can become quiet and sulky if you feel that others around do not understand your point of view.
    Some of the things seem to describe me a little bit, I guess. A lot of it just sounds kind of "out there" to me though.

Weasyl
    N/A