Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    N/A

Warhammer & Warhammer 40,000

My friend recently got me in to a tabletop game called Warhammer 40,000 aka "Money sink: the game". I've been reading up on a little bit of the classes. After deciding between the Blood Angels and the Space Wolves, I finally made a decision and bought a starter pack after he got me the codex for the one I wanted. (Guess which one ;P)

I'm really liking the concept so far and I don't even care for future settings. Some of the classes are bad ass, others are...meh.

Currently I'm trying to decide on the color scheme for my crew. I might post pics here when I do to show off how badass they are :V

Warhammer I'd like to get in to as well because of the fantasy element. It's my preference after all :3c I was thinking of going with either the High Elves or Wood Elves but I might just do both.

Anyway, enough of my nooblet talk. What are your preferred soldiers of choice? Do you play Warhammer, Warhammer 40k or both? What are some epic battles that you've had?
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.

I was in one game of Warhammer 40k. It was an "Evil" Playthrough, and it lasted one session. Apparently, I was invited back, but I was the creepiest character, because apparently giving drugged up orphans dead cats filled with medical waste, plague rats and hypodermic needles for the glory of papa Nergle was "too far"

Ahh 40k, one of the coolest but most mishandled intellectual properties of all time!

Played Eldar in 2nd edition. Space Marine (Salamanders, Imperial Fists, Blood Angels), Inquisition (Sisters, Grey Knights) and Imperial Guard in 5th. Haven't played in 2+ years and should probably sell the mountain of stuff I have. Used to read "Yes the Truth Hurts" blog for strategies, army building tips, etc. One of the most fun ways to play that I found was doing 2v2 - makes the game take really long but it becomes even more epic!

Orks. Aka, "massive blob of cheap-ass (points-wise, not $$-wise) grunts."

I think I had a pipe-dream list of like 4 squads of 20 grunts with a little bit of everything. I was going to paint them with different colored bases to differentiate the squads purely for bookkeeping purposes, then move them all as one big group, crushing everything in their way.

Space Wolves. I loved their iconography!

And my own generic Space Marines-based chapter, Salve Felinus. The Hello Kitty chapter. Because nothing says Fuck You like winning a tournament with pastel pink and white doom with pom-poms and streamers on the bikes.

I need to get back into painting them.

I used to play back in high school. Had a Tau army and used to go this game shop to play every week. Loved my crisis suits. Something about giant mechs dashing around the map with jet packs while peppering the enemy with so many guns just felt absolutely amazing. Also I will always remember the time my commander and his two bodyguards managed to take out a Dark Elder Archon and his entire retinue in hand to hand combat. Eventually though Yu-gi-oh took over the game store, all the Warhammer people stop coming, and then I didn't have any one to play with. Ended up selling my army back in college.

Weasyl
    N/A

Weasyl
    N/A
    Shit Aleu, you're making me jealous. I'd love to get back into 40k again.

Wanna team up with a swarm of Imperial Guardsmen painted like german soldiers?

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    Shit Aleu, you're making me jealous. I'd love to get back into 40k again.

Wanna team up with a swarm of Imperial Guardsmen painted like german soldiers?
    Haha the funny thing is, the guy that got me in to 40k has an army of Imperial Guard that I'll be fighting against.

But yes I would love that :3c

Oh man, it's been ages since I last threw my army of metal and rust on the table and said aloud "NECRONS! RISE AND KILL THE LIVING AND THE UNDEAD"
    And then proceeded to wreck my terribad friend who played Chaos. You don't believe how bad he is. Instead of using his expendable cultists to draw fire and make meaty cover for his heavier squadmates, he puts his heavy guns out in the open and places the cultists in places with no good firing angles, and he's best at making bumrushes at my guys when I've got my resurrection orbs and whatnot and units inside buildings and all my rapid fire guns going zap on him..
    And his tank usage, oh my word.. No strategic brain whatsoever. I miss these fights now :c

They've made some decent videogames about WH40k, Dawn Of War games are pretty cool and if you get one, we can totally play them since we can't actually fight IRL. Personally I prefer the pre-DoW2 games.
    I quite like the lore of the 40k universe, and games allow me to dig deeper into it!

Weasyl
    FlynnCoyote
    We'll find a reason, or else realize that we don't need one.