Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    You are bringing this up (twice) regardless of current discussion, I don't wish to assume why that is.

I'm pretty sure Renard put forth a solid argument about the casting that you haven't commented on, so I'm really unsure what you are trying to achieve here.

This is honestly a bit absurd, you're turning fans nerding over a character storyline into a race issue. At least, that's the impression I am getting here.

Weasyl
    Infestissumam
    stepping on the crowtche owf your americain presidaint
    Quote Originally Posted by QT Melon View Post
    I hear it is possible to marry and even breed outside our designated skin tones.
    Preposterous.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank LeRenard View Post
    No... that was a joke in one of the Red Letter Media reviews. I think the actual reason is because 'revenge' has a negative connotation that he didn't want attached to the Jedi, the good guys. Hence why we get Revenge of the Sith later on. Man's not THAT much of a money-grubbing asshole.
    Looks like there's a lot of people that don't know it's a joke, then.

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Quote Originally Posted by Rilvor View Post
    You are bringing this up (twice) regardless of current discussion, I don't wish to assume why that is.

I'm pretty sure Renard put forth a solid argument about the casting that you haven't commented on, so I'm really unsure what you are trying to achieve here.

This is honestly a bit absurd, you're turning fans nerding over a character storyline into a race issue. At least, that's the impression I am getting here.

The discussion is about mostly white Cast in a Star Wars film. You get a black person cast, and a number of people assume that that black person is related to their favorite character. Yet, unless if people had clues otherwise with other cast members who are white people are rarely gonna assume otherwise.

I'm sorry if it's an uncomfortable little position that makes people rethink how they see things or point things out. But it doesn't mean you have to sit there and get scared over it because you know "hey she's saying people are racists" instead of realizing it's problematic when you do limited number of cast members of diversity.

Weasyl
    Infestissumam
    stepping on the crowtche owf your americain presidaint
    Man if only that argument wasn't pure conjecture.

The only thing you can point out is there are more white actors in Star Wars. Anything past that is speculation.

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    I'm sorry if it's an uncomfortable little position...But it doesn't mean you have to sit there and get scared over it...
    It would seem you have a chip on your shoulder. I neither appreciate the assumptions nor the tone in what should be a polite discussion. Frankly, I'm insulted and I will not participate further in this thread.

The discussion is about mostly white Cast in a Star Wars film. You get a black person cast, and a number of people assume that that black person is related to their favorite character. Yet, unless if people had clues otherwise with other cast members who are white people are rarely gonna assume otherwise.

I'm sorry if it's an uncomfortable little position that makes people rethink how they see things or point things out. But it doesn't mean you have to sit there and get scared over it because you know "hey she's saying people are racists" instead of realizing it's problematic when you do limited number of cast members of diversity.
    You're doing nothing but attempting to re-frame an argument as racism. You're an intellectually dishonest race-baiter, trying desperately to get others to play your game and failing.

Weasyl
    Toshabi
    Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    This thread sucks. All it keeps devolving into is insults. The real issue with Star Wars anyway is the fact that Rogue Squadron 4 was canned.

9.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #79
    Weasyl
    MLR
    Closing thread. This is quickly devolving into personal attacks.