Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Moogle View Post
    Imma vouch & say this was VERYYYY fun. :3 It's a good way to interact, and though I prefer the brushes in other programs it's still quite nice! XD
    True I found it a great way to do collab pics!

someone pm next time, if im on i might try if not, too bad for me

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #12
    We'll let you know, Sam~ I'll also vouch that it's been really fun, and a great way to see some of the people's work here who I admire, their process and such. Absolutely invaluable for me as a beginner. Yeah I wouldn't use the program for serious art, but it's fun to just doodle and chat a bit, practice some basics, watch little scenes unfold, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    We'll let you know, Sam~ I'll also vouch that it's been really fun, and a great way to see some of the people's work here who I admire, their process and such. Absolutely invaluable for me as a beginner. Yeah I wouldn't use the program for serious art, but it's fun to just doodle and chat a bit, practice some basics, watch little scenes unfold, etc.
    totally, you wannt just have fun? Try iscribble XD
    its basically MS paint, but its so old and simple it makes for great fun!

I'd honestly take oc over ms paint. I've done "serious" art in both, and wouldn't personally consider ms paint fun these days, but that's just me personally. :p
    Fish heads! Fish heads! Rolly polly fish heads! Fish heads! Fish heads! Eat them up! Yum!

If my computer can hold up, I would adore doing an open canvas with you guys ^^

Quote Originally Posted by QT Melon View Post
    Fiz actually posted a tutorial on it.

http://fiztheancient.deviantart.com/...rial-394229400
    Oh wow I had no idea something like this existed. I'm looking into it right now. Thanks so much for the recommendation!

Hey wolf, if you want to see something really hilarious hit me up with your next drawing session thing (and er...how to do it I don't really remember how to set up for those things...)

I'm going to draw left handed if you invite me. :p
    Fish heads! Fish heads! Rolly polly fish heads! Fish heads! Fish heads! Eat them up! Yum!

Quote Originally Posted by Sammacha View Post
    totally, you wannt just have fun? Try iscribble XD
    its basically MS paint, but its so old and simple it makes for great fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMysteriousL View Post
    If my computer can hold up, I would adore doing an open canvas with you guys ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by lorenith View Post
    Hey wolf, if you want to see something really hilarious hit me up with your next drawing session thing (and er...how to do it I don't really remember how to set up for those things...)

I'm going to draw left handed if you invite me. :p
    Alright everyone, the good news is we have a lot of people interested! The bad news is that it's too many to fit into an Open Canvas session. That's okay! I'm currently experimenting with Nyanchat per QT Melon's suggestion. If I get it to work, I'll be hosting a session Wednesday night at 8:00pm Central time. I'll make another post here with some details if I get Nyanchat working to my satisfaction. Stay tuned!

UPDATE: I'm going to use NyanChat!

Because we've got a lot of people interested, I'm pressing forward with using NyanChat instead of Open Canvas. (Thanks for the suggestion QT Melon!) Here's my plan:

I'm going to operate a NyanChat server as much as possible. Because it's a dedicated system unlike OC 1.1, I can continue to run it even when I'm not in it. Still, my computer needs time to rest so it won't be 24/7. Below are the details organized in a (hopefully) clean manner:

What- A "multiplayer" drawing canvas that's available during consistent hours to hang out and draw in.
    When- Monday thru Friday 3:00pm to 11:30pm Central time will be the open server hours (These can be extended by request if enough people are interested)
    Where- Anyone interested should PM me on the Weasyl forums OR Weasyl main site for the IP address.
    How- A NyanChat tutorial can be found here http://fiztheancient.deviantart.com/...rial-394229400 along with a download link in the description.

Other Considerations- Nyanchat took a little while for me to figure out but the above tutorial should walk you through most of what you need to know. I would ask that for the sake of keeping the experience pleasant for everyone, we follow a few rules listed below:

-Do not create new canvases (images). This clutters the program and they cannot be deleted without restarting the server.
    -Clear your contribution to the canvas (image) before you leave. (File > Clear Image). This will help keep the area clean and open for others later.
    -There will always be two default canvases (images). One for SFW content and one for NSFW content. Please respect these designations. I can add additional Canvases as need be.

I'm looking forward to drawing with everyone! I'll most likely be on myself in the latter hours, between 8 and 11:30 and less so in the afternoon.
    Last edited by Wolf_by_night; 04-30-2014 at 12:25 AM. Reason: Typos

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #20
    Just a vote of confidence, this Nyanchat stuff is hella fun, and way more feature rich than OC. Got some time in tonight with Moogle and it was awesome!