Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Anyone interested in a weekly Open Canvas drawing session?

WANTED: Someone to go into Open Canvas with me. This is not a joke. You'll get to save when we get back. Must bring your own tablet. Good art not guaranteed. I have only done this once before. [Push it to the Limit intensifies]

But in all seriousness, I've been doing a few group drawing sessions in Open Canvas lately and I wanted to know if anyone on Weasyl is interested in joining them and possibly setting up a regular time to do so. If enough people are interested we can figure out a time that works well for everybody.

Weasyl
    Toshabi
    I've tried OC, but it's so gimicky on how it performs online. I'd be interested in weekly "Draw my thing".

Weasyl
    Hewge
    Yeah - OC is too clunky for me to feel comfortable with at all.

I'll admit OC is a pretty cantankerous program, but I like the real-time drawing aspect of it. I feel like it really helps push comfort zones and you can "respond" to what other people are drawing with your own.

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    There is also Nyan chat

Those are so fun! I used to do it on a shitty ms paint like program iscribble xD
    actually sometimes I still go there lmao
    I've never tried OC but looks like people are saying it isn't all that great for functionality, if there is something else that works better I would be interested in giving it a try, though I dont think I could make every week, but I am sure we could working something out by using skype of something.

I may check out Nyan chat later too

Open Canvas 1.1?

I'd be interested, I played with OC 1.1 a lot when I was first getting into digital art. And got online a few times with one of my friends...I honestly don't think it's too bad for a fun little thing to noodle around in.

My arm is kind of being a bum so I dunno if I'd join anytime in the next couple of weeks though (or if I did I probably wouldn't participate a whole bunch) but you've got a definite yes from me it sounds fun.
    Fish heads! Fish heads! Rolly polly fish heads! Fish heads! Fish heads! Eat them up! Yum!

Weasyl
    N/A
    Imma vouch & say this was VERYYYY fun. :3 It's a good way to interact, and though I prefer the brushes in other programs it's still quite nice! XD

Quote Originally Posted by QT Melon View Post
    There is also Nyan chat
    I've never heard of that, is it something you download or an online app?

Quote Originally Posted by Sammacha View Post
    Those are so fun! I used to do it on a shitty ms paint like program iscribble xD
    actually sometimes I still go there lmao
    I've never tried OC but looks like people are saying it isn't all that great for functionality, if there is something else that works better I would be interested in giving it a try, though I dont think I could make every week, but I am sure we could working something out by using skype of something.

I may check out Nyan chat later too
    Sounds good, I'll keep you posted on what we decide. I'll look into Nyan chat myself as well.

Quote Originally Posted by lorenith View Post
    Open Canvas 1.1?

I'd be interested, I played with OC 1.1 a lot when I was first getting into digital art. And got online a few times with one of my friends...I honestly don't think it's too bad for a fun little thing to noodle around in.

My arm is kind of being a bum so I dunno if I'd join anytime in the next couple of weeks though (or if I did I probably wouldn't participate a whole bunch) but you've got a definite yes from me it sounds fun.
    Yeah, OC 1.1- glad to hear you're interested! I'll keep you posted on what we all figure out.

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Fiz actually posted a tutorial on it.

http://fiztheancient.deviantart.com/...rial-394229400