Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Weasyl
    FancyOwls

Please don't divide gallery with faves bar

I'm pretty stoked to see a favorites bar being implemented onto the profiles. I'm a little confused as to why it is dividing my gallery in half, wedged between my submission icons and my most recent submission & gallery folder sections. Aside from dividing my gallery, I'm not sure why my faves are being treated like they are more important than my own art on my front page. I hope they will be considered to be moved to the bottom of the profile page, or at least out of the gallery section. If not, I would like the option to remove the fave bar entirely.

Weasyl
    Toshabi
    Honestly, I'm kind of hoping that the Weasyl team implements customization for profile pages to put favorites and such. Sort of like how DA does it, but with a bit more freedom and without all the pointless widgets.

Weasyl
    Swanda
    You can turn it off under "Site Preferences."
    And they are more than aware it's an unfortunate placement, so no worries, it's just for now.

Weasyl
    Gamedog

Weasyl
    Toshabi
    ^

This actually wouldn't be that bad of an idea at all. It's nice and out of the way while still being noticeable. Most importantly, it's located right next to who the artist is following. It's a nice compliment to showcase artwork of the potential people that the artist might be watching.

Weasyl
    Swanda
    I think it would be better placed between the gallery folders and shouts?
    The side bar is already waaaaay too crammed up.
    It’s way too slim and so much stuff going on over there.
    Profile info, Contact info, Lates Journal, Commission Info, Statistics and Connections.
    Things needs to be removed from that bar, not added too it D:

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanda View Post
    I think it would be better placed between the gallery folders and shouts?
    The side bar is already waaaaay too crammed up.
    It’s way too slim and so much stuff going on over there.
    Profile info, Contact info, Lates Journal, Commission Info, Statistics and Connections.
    Things needs to be removed from that bar, not added too it D:
    Yeah that's a good point. My profile is blank so I suppose it's easier for me to cram it there. An icon tray above the shout box could work

Weasyl
    Swanda
    I also think, moving it to the side would defeat one of the major points of having faves on the profile in the first place.
    It makes watcher accounts look less empty and abandoned, which makes many watchers happy! And happy watchers is good for everyone.
    Personally I think it looks neat in the sidebar, and as Toshabi says, it would really be nice right next to the people you watch.
    It's just so really stuffed over there already, and they would hard to catch.

Weasyl
    FancyOwls
    Thanks for the tips on removing it!

And I do agree, I love the idea of having it by my watchers on the side bar. I feel like the "clutter" issue is less a problem with it being a bad place for it, and more an issue with that space not being very well optimized right now, especially with the commission stuff.

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    As much as I would love to promote the favorites so other people can share the love, I decided to disable others from seeing it on my profile for the time being because it looks really displeasing and cluttered.

Is there some animosity with a cluster layout that everything needs to be horizontal or something?
    Last edited by QT Melon; 04-16-2014 at 10:32 PM.