Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #21

Weasyl
    Fiz
    I guess Simon Wai's Sonic 2 Beta forums (now Sonic Retro) and Sonic World forums (now defunct).

SWS2B used to have a pretty cool community of people, but some staff changes happened among other things that left me with a bad taste in my mouth so I left, plus the drama started getting obnoxious.

Sonic World had some really nice folk on there too and I eventually worked myself up into becoming an Administrator there, but I just kind of suddenly left. Not sure what happened, I got bored I guess. It was then changed into a general gaming forum called D-Pad Network and then it went defunct a while after that.

I was a teenager in both of those forums though, after that I haven't really felt "a part of" anything. I used to sort of feel connected with deviantART and FurAffinity, but as of late I feel pretty disconnected from both. I love tumblr but it's too much of a mess to feel like I'm really part of it.

Then there were websites I felt like a complete outcast from. Like TeamArtail, even though I was an admin, all of the members just got on my ass over everything because for a long time I was the only active admin there, and later on when we got more admins, I just kind of decided I was okay with being the scapegoat over everything and let myself take the blame for most of the problems.

And well, I feel like I'm a part of Weasyl, but that's by default! I'm just not much of a forums person nowadays. Once the main site is up though, I'll probably feel much closer to the site and community.

Weasyl
    boogans
    Neopets and deviantART were my first communities. I mainly used dA to hold my Neopets art, but eventually started using it to connect with others and work on drawing decently.

I'm not active on either of them anymore, but I'm glad they were my start, because while I already had an interest in art, I would never have improved as much as I have now without them. They helped me build that drive.

Weasyl
    Tiger
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiz View Post
    I

Then there were websites I felt like a complete outcast from. Like TeamArtail, even though I was an admin, all of the members just got on my ass over everything because for a long time I was the only active admin there, and later on when we got more admins, I just kind of decided I was okay with being the scapegoat over everything and let myself take the blame for most of the problems.
    I know exactly how you feel. Out of ~10 admins on the oekaki, being the only active one is a pain in the butt a little too often. I had been an admin for four years but the site went downhill and I ended up leaving. Now there's only been 4 archived pictures since 2010. And there hasn't been a single new admin since.

Weasyl
    Temrin
    The first place i really felt a part of, and still a place i consider my internet home, even if i am not as active.

www.Shadowlack.com (once found at www.ramath-lehi.com)
    its gone through a lot of changes. i find it looks more suited for younger ages now but some epic stories have been made there. The world is vast and yet so free for the users. You arent helf to one time period. This world, anything is possable and even with that vast openness, its still orderly and capable of many great things. I will always be a follower and vetran member of this wonderful world. If you like roleplaying and anthro creatures, this is a place for you. The site is always looking for artists to illustrate flora and fauna in the compendium/wiki and new members are welcome. Its currently invite only, and i dont seem to have any invites available. but who knows, if you contact the admins via the contact page at the bottom, you might be able to get in.

The site is ten years old this year. If you want to see a bit of its history (site design wise) you can find old pictures and designs here http://shadowlack.deviantart.com/
    Last edited by Temrin; 09-09-2012 at 06:49 PM.

Weasyl
    AtomiKamikaze
    World of Monkey Island.

The site's kinda redundant after no new Monkey Island games came out, and when they did, I wasn't into the community anymore and just played them separately. Also after the main admin left it wasn't the same.

EDIT: Nope, I think it may have been Neopets, not sure which came first. But I kind of refuse to go back to Neopets because NPs cost so damn much, all the pets I want are "limited edition", and I forget about them to everyday business.

Websites? We didn't have those back in my day. We had to make do with Newsgroups. It's like multiplayer notepad with a bunch of strangers. And just as fun!

alt.religion.kibology was my first home of lovable scamps.

InuyashaJourney... As far as I can remember before people started making duplicates it had no forum and the chat was just for people who were liked minded and enjoyed the anime. Though that wasn't what the chat was actually used for, it was a RP chat with different anime/movie/show roleplays mashing together - I remember this "clan" of Kingdom Heart Organization folk acting as if they ran the chat and fighting another large clan filled with wolves and other supernaturals. I was the daughter of on the other guild fighting the Org but I quit the account for multiple reasons and "started over" again as someone else, I constantly account hopped until I moved to IMVU/SL and I tried out Gaia but IMVU was the only that sticked up until the last year, lol.

It was a fun time, wished the site owner didn't take the website down, and I wished they didn't hand admin over to a power crazy goon. The chat is dead even the dups sadly. :<

Weasyl
    taasla
    Silence Forums, only for Vincent Valentine fans. We were like a family. I was 14 at the time, and still talk to a couple of them 12 years later.

Weasyl
    Flame Soulis
    Blitz Coder and the Coder's Workshop.

Both unfortunately were shut down which was very disappointing.

ffxionline.com was the first site I felt apart of. I got into that site way back before FFXI had launched in the US and was pretty much obsessing over the game. >_>