Quote Originally Posted by Benny Bunnycorn View Post
    Then a description would suffice.
    Or you could do a simple google search.

Weasyl
    Mugourth
    I just meant your overall opinion on what is considered "tasteful."

Weasyl
    xarg
    It's probably easier to approach from the direction of what's commonly not considered tasteful... Unsanitary things, things that go against the average person's moral code, things that you can't picture your parents doing without gagging at the sight, things that would be illegal in real life (not all of them, use common sense), unnecessary amounts gore, blood or other fluids that have no purpose other than to rouse up a negative reaction in the average viewer.

Someone trying to be smart could say things that you wouldn't put in your mouth... that actually goes a long way.
    Last edited by xarg; 04-22-2014 at 09:53 PM.

Weasyl
    athdaraxen
    Quote Originally Posted by Socks the Fox View Post
    Fetish checkbox. No matter what rating, it can be filtered out. If I don't want to see the diaper or not-nsfw vore stuff (i.e. the stuff that's "technically" properly rated, but normal people won't really want to see), I should be able to uncheck that box (or have it unchecked by default and have to go enable it). Instant separation of the "tasteful" stuff from the "kinky" stuff no matter what rating.
    I rather like this idea. Its simple.

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    So if someone draws a foot and someone tags it with a foot fetish, then what? Is it kinky?

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by QT Melon View Post
    So if someone draws a foot and someone tags it with a foot fetish, then what? Is it kinky?
    If it's just a foot then no. I don't know what point you're trying to make.
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.

Weasyl
    athdaraxen
    If it is meant to be as a fetish type picture then yes, if its a picture of a foot, being a foot. Then its not. It isn't much different than the tag system correct? Its a matter of perception, I suppose. It could be modded just like the tag system right?

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleu View Post
    If it's just a foot then no. I don't know what point you're trying to make.
    Because as stated by site staff, people are allowed to tag your work. If you are not notified that someone has tagged your work that gets filtered by "I don't want to see the kinky stuff" you suffer for it. Same thing with these people wanting even more filters.

People think the solution is "simple" but it has a host of problems not many are considering how it can affect an artist or piece of work.

Weasyl
    xarg
    Because as stated by site staff, people are allowed to tag your work. If you are not notified that someone has tagged your work that gets filtered by "I don't want to see the kinky stuff" you suffer for it. Same thing with these people wanting even more filters.

People think the solution is "simple" but it has a host of problems not many are considering how it can affect an artist or piece of work.
    Actually it's not any better or worse than the current tag filter already is, except just more simple to use. People can already tag your stuff with "inflation, latex, hyper, gore, diaper, dickvore" to keep other people from seeing it.

Though to be honest, I personally missed the part where someone said it's supposed to be editable by all users per-image.

Weasyl
    athdaraxen

I would find it extremely silly if they implemented something like this and didn't use the same notification system as the current tags. And isn't that the point of the system? If it is improperly tagged then you fix it or take it to the mods right?

I think the reason I feel this is a good idea is because (I think!) it is relatively similar to what is already here so it would be easy to grasp for most folks and simple to implement. I also think it wouldn't be much harder for the mods to mod as it is basically he same as the tags we already have (again, I think!).