Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    Zeitzbach

So about that "General Art Site" goal...

Did we give up or something?

The people that were here before this place starts booming probably remember the original goal but recently, the site is slowly creeping toward the... you know... FA direction. GD section is even often confused and used as more of a "furry discussion" lately with threads being moved rather often.

Just saying that although I am very happy with the site becoming much more used and the forum having more people joining each day, I am worried that we're heading toward the wrong direction and the fame will flip into infamy because you know what that commeownity is like most of the time.

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    What exactly do you suggest doing differently, though? You can't just force an influx of new users.
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

Weasyl
    Zeitzbach
    Quote Originally Posted by piņardilla View Post
    What exactly do you suggest doing differently, though? You can't just force an influx of new users.
    I could say that it's also us to blame. Since majority of us are from FA, I can see that most of the early promoting will be done on FA as well.

Although a small group could avoid that and try to make it more known through a less fur-ish like on normal Facebook and stuffs where you try to mention it as more of a great general site. Sadly, with the current Furry to Normal user ratio whichi s probably 10:1 or something by now, huge amount of effort will be required because the voice is a little too quiet to hear now.

Weasyl
    N/A
    The only other option i know of is to spread word about it to other art sites that aren't furry-centric, like DA or whatever. Though if most users following are furries, well...
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.

Weasyl
    N/A
    haehaueha

Yeah, I rarely see anything that's not furry.

I think it's the mascot that does this. And as far as I know, it was pushed through FA the most. And FA's staff considers it the competitor website, no?

Really I don't think there's anything that anyone can do aside from just promote it.

Weasyl
    Zeitzbach
    It can be said that the direction the mods and owner originally wanted did not follow the concept of the site then. The name and mascot really did butcher their attempt by quite a lot.

We are just a bunch of small cog trying to go against the big wheel of fate. If enough did bother, the cogs could probably join try to go against the direction of the spin but it's kind of a shame that the other side had more coc- cogs to prevent it from happening.

Weasyl
    N/A
    I think all we can really do is promote and try to cement the fact that this is more for general art instead of any specific theme/subject, like upload things that aren't furry. Landscape stuff, fanart, photography, what-have-you.
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.

Weasyl
    Dire Newt
    Furry mods/admins + "Weasyl" = General Art Site

haha no.

Weasyl
    Toshabi
    Quote Originally Posted by piņardilla View Post

We could start by making a facerig thread.

Weasyl
    Zeitzbach
    Quote Originally Posted by Dire Newt View Post
    Furry mods/admins + "Weasyl" = General Art Site

haha no.
    It really did bug me that we barely had any human drawing mods actually. Like, Tiamat does and... who else...

Quote Originally Posted by Toshabi View Post
    We could start by making a facerig thread.
    I will gut you.