Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: UK Conventions

Weasyl
    t_iii

UK Conventions

Hi, I know there are a few UK people on here, and I go to far too many conventions these days, and the calendar just seems to get more and more full of events here in the last few years. Seriously I'm up to my 35th convention or something.

So, the question is - do any of you guys attend conventions in the UK? Whether they're furry, animé, comic conventions, sci-fi, signing events, etc.

I think my next convention is MCM Comic Con in London at the end of May 2014. With a few others already confirmed for the rest of the year (and a few others I'll be booking up for shortly). I even have the fun of hosting some panels at an event in June which is making me both excited and terrified.

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #2

Weasyl
    Fiz
    I went to the London MCM Expo in May last year and the London Anime Con earlier this year. I'm tempted to head to Confuzzled or the next London MCM Expo but they're both on the same weekend afaik and me and my fiance are gonna be hurting money-wise for a while so it might not be a great idea.

What panels are you hosting?

Weasyl
    t_iii
    I keep meaning to do Confuzzled - I've heard good things but was never sure my art/comics would do well there as most of them aren't "proper" furry.

London MCM is a great 3 day event, plenty of stuff there to do and the artist area (comic village) seems to grow every year - as does the event itself. It was huge last October taking over about half of the Excel, with apparently over 88k attendees.

I'm hosting a comic making panel, and a yaoi/yuri creators Q&A at Sunnycon in Sunderland (21st-22nd June) - it's a great animé convention in it's 3rd year with a growing furry, comics, and gaming (tabletop and console) crowd. It's also fairly local for me compared to most of the others in the UK. It's also hosted in a building opposite the beach so hopefully we'll get some nice weather too.

I'll be heading to Confuzzled this year as my first Furry convention I'm really looking forward to it tbh. My budget generally isn't generous enough to allow me to attend much in a year.

Weasyl
    Link320
    I went along to the MCM Comic Con in Glasgow last year, which was pretty fun for my first con. It's on again just before my university term starts in September, so I'll probably go this year if I don't blow all my money.

Weasyl
    t_iii
    Quote Originally Posted by Link320 View Post
    I went along to the MCM Comic Con in Glasgow last year, which was pretty fun for my first con. It's on again just before my university term starts in September, so I'll probably go this year if I don't blow all my money.
    MCM Glasgow last year was insanely busy. I'll definitely be booking a table again this year as it was great fun - I'm glad they're expanding it to 2 days though.