Thread: Krita

Weasyl
    Art Vulpine

Krita

Hello again. I've recently downloaded Krita and tested it, but i find that there are a few questions i have.

1) I noticed that selecting the freehand brush tool, there is still aisling going on between the lineart and the fill colors. Now when I was on GIMP I was told to use the Pencil tool to prevent this from happening. Is there such a tool/ brush option to fix this?

2) Is there a way to create a new layer from the visible layer present. GIMP for example has an option of New from Visible in the Layers area but Krita doesn't.

So these answers will be appreciated as I embark on this new art program.
    DeviantArt FurAffinity

Imagination is the Source of Creativity!

Weasyl
    avan_kaira
    1) what you can do is simply do a fill-select with a high tolerance ['select area of contiguous colors'], make a new layer below your line art (leaving the region you want to fill selected), then using the fill tool to fill it with a feathering radius of [some number probably more than 2 or 3 - will depend on your line thickness] - if you want it on the same layer, just combine the layers down

2) next to the new layer button is a button with one square overlapping another square. Use this button to duplicate the currently selected layer.

Weasyl
    Art Vulpine
    Ok. I'll try that out with my next art.
    DeviantArt FurAffinity

Imagination is the Source of Creativity!