Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Characters and Journals!

I might be 1% more motivated to draw a character sheet now. (I try to, but then I get lazy and just draw my character in a picture.)

Now I can make a set of emotes for my journal entries though. Obviously my avatar is going to be on the majority of them.
    If you say "plz" because it's shorter than "please," I'll say "no" because it's shorter than "yes."

I'm really stoked for this feature!
    drawing and graphicsblackacres · pipedreams · furaffinity · deviantart
    roleplay and writingraggedbreath · charahub · insanejournal

avatar by loadedpistol of furaffinity

Weasyl
    merystic
    I have to say I'm thrilled that we'll be able to favorite journals! It seems like a minor thing but sometimes an artist says something I'd like to go back to and remember or check out again.

Character-specific pages and submissions sound great. Seems so useful, I bet it's going to be something we're not going to understand how we lived without, down the road. I'm curious how it will work; will there be a main character "profile" page and a gallery within it, or submissions from your main gallery can be "tagged" as containing that character, or something else entirely? Either way I'm excited for character-specific functionality!

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #14
    Weasyl
    Ben
    That's a very good idea actually! Right now, we have our Collections system which allows users to effectively tag other users in a picture by sending it to their Collections, but we haven't considered doing something like this for Characters. In the mean time, you can simply add links to additional pictures in the description of the main character submission. We'll bring it up with the coding team to see what we can do about adding support for this idea later down the line.

This will be very useful for artists doing commissions of others' characters. Also it draws attention to character design itself as a form of creativity.

Weasyl
    taasla
    You have no idea how happy it would make me if I could assign submissions or something to a character, or to be able to tag a character in a submission.

Quote Originally Posted by merystic View Post
    will there be a main character "profile" page and a gallery within it, or submissions from your main gallery can be "tagged" as containing that character, or something else entirely?
    Seconding this! I would love to see a character profile page where all the submissions that contain that character can be collected, and maybe a little thumbnail to that profile on those submissions so you can go find out more about specific characters as you browse art
    That's just what I think, if it's actually possible that would be rad, but I am pretty excited with what we have so far! Great job so far, guys! I can't wait to see this site grow :3

Weasyl
    Rooc
    I wonder, will there be a limit to how many character profiles we have? Say, if someone has 100+ characters, will they be limited to only 20 profiles or can they make a profile for all 100+ ?

9.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #19
    Weasyl
    Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooc View Post
    I wonder, will there be a limit to how many character profiles we have? Say, if someone has 100+ characters, will they be limited to only 20 profiles or can they make a profile for all 100+ ?
    No, there's currently no limit on this feature.

Weasyl
    DyerDexter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    No, there's currently no limit on this feature.
    YES! *sobs with glee* Nabyn has 25 as a limit thing. I have over 300 but its separated by Manifest, Guardians, Permanent Mains, Mains, Secondary Mains, and Minors.